BMWMalaysiaManufacturerNews

BMW launches the locally-assembled X6 at new Cyberjaya HQ, prices start at RM 666K!

The new locally-assembled BMW X6 (3)

BMW Malaysia had recently introduced the new locally-assembled BMW X6 at the opening of their new BMW Group Malaysia Headquarters in Cyberjaya. Also the ninth model variant to be locally assembled in the country, this new X6 comes in the form of the BMW X6 xDrive35i M Sport.

BMW 01

“The introduction of the locally-assembled BMW X6 marks the 9th model to join the portfolio of BMW Group Malaysia’s locally assembled vehicles. This is further testament to the longstanding investment and commitment we have here in Malaysia,” said Mr. Alan Harris, Managing Director and CEO of BMW Group Malaysia.

The new locally-assembled BMW X6 (23)

This new X6 is powered by a 3.0-liter six-cylinder inline petrol engine that makes out 306-horsepower and 400Nm of peak torque, giving it a zerotohundred time of 6.4 seconds and a top speed of 240 km/h. Mated to an eight speed Steptronic sport transmission, the locally-assembled X6 xDrive35i M Sport delivers an average fuel consumption reading of 8.6l/100km and CO2 emissions level of 200g/km.

BMW 03

The advanced chassis layout with double-wishbone front suspension and intelligent xDrive all-wheel drive system gives the X6 more optimization on ride comfort and directional stability. One can adjust the levels of sportiness and comfort via the Adaptive M Suspension package which combines Dynamic Damper Control and pneumatic rear suspension with a sporty tuning.

The new locally-assembled BMW X6 (4) The new locally-assembled BMW X6 (7)

The new BMW X6 has the combined design versatile BMW X model character with the elegance of a sporting BMW coupe. This locally-assembled Sports Activity Coupe features a wide kidney grille which extends all the way to its Adaptive LED headlights and LED foglights, both come as standard.

The new locally-assembled BMW X6 (25) The new locally-assembled BMW X6 (13)

The new locally-assembled BMW X6 (14)

The M Sport package which is fitted as standard offers the M Aerodynamics package and Adaptive M Suspension, with features such as 20-inch M double spoke light alloy wheels with mixed tires. The M Sport package also features electrically adjustable sports seats with memory function for the front seats, M leather steering wheel with multifunction buttons and paddle shifters as well as Sport gear selector lever.

BMW 02 The new locally-assembled BMW X6 (10)

The new locally-assembled BMW X6 xDrive35i M Sport is available in Alpine White, Flamenco Red, Carbon Black and Space Grey, with a range of Leather Dakota upholstery colour choices including Black,Coral Red and Cognac. The retail price (on the road, without insurance with BMW Malaysia’s latest 5 Years Unlimited Mileage Warranty and Free Scheduled Service Program) of the new locally-assembled BMW X6 xDrive35i M Sport is RM 666,888.