ArticlesAuto EventsBMWFeaturesMalaysiaNews

The second generation BMW 1-Series officially lands in Malaysia – Two CKD models and one CBU model is now open for booking!

1 series cover pic

Entering the ever-growing hatch market is an absolute challenge. Over the past couple of months, we have seen the launch of the best selling premium hatch, the Volkswagen Golf GTI Mk7 and the new-comer bringing its sexy-back, the Mercedes Benz A-class. Taking stage in Malaysia now is BMW’s iteration of their hatch, the new BMW 1-Series F20.

Designed to offer the ‘sophisticated’ urban driver, the BMW 1-series is the only rear-wheel drive vehicle in the premium compact car segment. BMW takes pride in this offering, catering to the niche market of people seeking for a fun, short-wheelbase hatchbacks unlike their competitors whom offers only in front-wheel drive form.

IMG_0876

“The all-new BMW 1 Series showcases BMW’s innovative prowess as it demonstrates the hallmark brand qualities of a BMW vehicle with sporty elegance, new and refinedengine technology and luxurious comfort. Set to create new benchmarks in performance,efficiency and comfort in the premium segment of the Malaysian Automotive industry, we believe that the all-new BMW 1 Series will meet our discerning customers’ individual needs,” said Dr. Gerhard Pils, Chief Executive Officer of BMW Group Malaysia.

From ground up, the F20 is an all new model with a redesigned shape, which is said to potray a more sophisticated appearance from the previous generation. The frontal fascia retains BMW’s signature kidney-grille which is recognisable from their every model. Significantly, the all new 1 Series is larger in dimension compared to its predecessor (4.32m longer & 1.77m wider) and set to offer a more airy cockpit for the driver and passengers.

IMG_0883

IMG_0918

The new BMW 1 Series will be offered in 3 different engines, the locally assembled 116i and 118i; and the fully imported 125i. Both the 116i and 118i is powered by a 1.6-litre twin-turbocharged engine, courtesy of BMW’s new generation four cylinder petrol engines which is good for 136 bhp for the 116i and 170 bhp for the 118i. Zerotohundred sprint is dealt with in 8.7 seconds and 7.2 seconds respectively.

IMG_0933

A combination of twin-scroll turbocharger, Valvetronic, Double VANOS and High Precision Injection further consolidates the position of the all-new BMW 1 Series as the sportiest and most efficient vehicle in its segment.

For the 125i , the 2.0-litre power plant produces a maximum output of 218 hp at 5,000 rpm. The petrol unit drums up a peak torque of 310Nm at just 1,350 rpm and maintains it all the way to 4,800 rpm. The Zerotohundred sprint is done in 6.2 seconds with a top speed of 243 km/h.

IMG_0909

To appeal to the new generation of customers; BMW has inculcated their interactive entertainment system from their higher-end range into their entry-model 1 Series.

The ergonomic cockpit design of the F20 BMW 1 Series is complimented by the freestanding Control Display and the iDrive operating system. BMW ConnectedDrive offers in-car vehicle connectivity which provides owners with complete USB and Bluetooth features to expand functionality for mobile phones and audio streaming, as well as BMW Live – a valuable web-based mobility services which is accessed via smartphone. BMW Apps can also be accessed via a menu through a smartphone which provides direct connection to web radio, Facebook and Twitter.

The all-new BMW 1 Series also comes equipped with BMW Radio Professional with a 6.5” monitor, while the BMW 125i Sport and BMW 125i M Sport includes a HiFi loudspeaker system with 7 speakers, allowing true sheer driving pleasure to be experienced by the driver. An exclusive feature for the BMW 125i M Sport is the BMW Navigation System Professional which comes with a glossy 8.8” monitor.

IMG_0949

IMG_0950

The BMW 125i Sport and BMW 125i M Sport will be available at BMW dealerships throughout Malaysia from today onwards, whilst bookings for the BMW 116i Urban, BMW 118i Sport and BMW 118 Urban can be made from Saturday, 21th September 2013,

All variants of the all-new BMW 1 Series except the BMW 116i will include the BMW Service and Repair Inclusive (BS+RI) service program. Retail prices (on the road, without insurance) for the cars are:

• BMW 116i – RM 170,800.00
  • BMW 118i Sport – RM 190,800.00
  • BMW 118i Urban – RM 190,800.00
  • BMW 125i Sport – RM 238,800.00
  • BMW 125i M Sport – RM 253,800.00

The BMW Performance Package 1-Series

IMG_0934

For those seeking for a more bespoke and personalised car, BMW Malaysia is now offering the BMW Performance Package for the new F20 1-Series. Set to unleash the performance potential of the 1-Series, this option is open for customers who requires a more performance biased car.

Offering maximum driving dynamics with breath-taking motorsport sensation, the exterior comprise of 19” BMW M Performance Double-spoke light alloy wheels with four-colour M logo, BMW M Performance rear spoilers and fins, and BMW M Performance top stripes on the bonnet, roof and rear in a choice of black or white.

IMG_0938

IMG_0948

Enhancing the all-new BMW 1 Series’ sporty interior, the BMW M Performance package includes an Alcantara steering wheel with carbon trims and race display with integrated race computer, and a BMW M Performance carbon gearshift lever with Alcantara gaiter. The BMW M Performance package is priced based on the choice of addons to the all-new BMW 1 Series.

IMG_0935

IMG_0936