ArticlesAuto EventsBMWMalaysiaNews

The BMW 4-series officially lands in Malaysia – Marking a new era in the line of BMW Coupes

IMG_0090

After a long era of 3-Series coupes beginning with the E21 from 1975 – BMW’s coupe models has brought a great impact to the world and influencing the market segment with its pioneering design and concept. However, stepping into a new era, the 3-series coupes have been faced out by BMW and rebadged as a 4-Series. Only a couple of months after its maiden world debut – the all-new BMW 4-series is now officially here on our shores.

Embodying the very essence of aesthetic appeal and dynamics in the premium segment, the all-new BMW 4-Series Coupé was introduced in two variants in the form of the 428i Coupé and 435i Coupé. The new sporty and elegant compact executive coupé emphasises a paradigm of balanced proportions with its sporting features and functions, good looks and character.

IMG_0106

Powered by BMW’s award winning TwinPower Turbo technology – the 428i variant houses a 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbocharged engine that delivers a maximum output of 245bhp and 350nm of torque. Shifted via the ZF 8-speed automatic gearbox, it will sprint from Zerotohundred in 5.8 seconds and all the way to a top speed of 250km/h. The 435i is powered by a 3.0-litre six-cylinder turbocharged power plant that boasts a maximum output of 306bhp and 400nm – thus enabling the sporty coupé to do the Zerotohundred sprint in just over 5 seconds and an electronically limited top speed of 250km/h.

“With even more power, sportiness and an undeniable presence as compared to its predecessor, the all-new BMW 4 Series Coupé is immediately recognisable with longer, lower and wider exterior dimensions. The perfect coupé proportions also comes with more intelligent connectivity solutions, as well as enhanced performance and efficiency” said Dr. Gerhard Pils, Chief Executive Officer of BMW Group Malaysia.

IMG_0117

IMG_0128

Further offering in-car connectivity are features making their first appearance in the compact executive coupé segment – the New Generation Navigation System Professional that includes 3D map display which is operated via the iDrive Touch Controller, and a full-colour BMW Head-Up Display in the 435i that projects information such as essential vehicle information and infotainment messages. At the same time; the car is fitted with USB and Bluetooth in-car connectivity to expand the functionalities of mobile phones and audio streaming whilst driving.

IMG_0151

Dr. Pils added – “We are confident that the all-new BMW 4 Series Coupé will set new standards in the compact executive coupé segment as it offers outstanding driving dynamics, more powerful engines, an expanded range of BMW ConnectedDrive features and numerous safety and comfort features.”

IMG_0104

IMG_0084

There are 5 colours available to choose from for the 428i Coupé – Alpine White, Black Sapphire, Melbourne Red, Mineral Grey and Glacier Silver while the Estoril Blue is an exclusive colour addition for the 428i Coupé M-Sport. The M-sport package is a RM30k option for the 425i meanwhile the 435i will come with the M-Sport package as standard.

The all0new BMW 4 Series is now available at BMW dealerships throughout Malaysia with a retail price starting from RM358,800 for the 425i and all the way to the top of the range 435i M-Sport at RM525,800. (The prices stated are on the road, without insurance)

• BMW 428i Coupé Sport Line – RM 358,800.00
  • BMW 428i Coupé M-Sport – RM 388,800.00
  • BMW 435i Coupé M-Sport – RM 525,800.00

IMG_0108