HyundaiInternationalManufacturerMotorsportsNewsPeugeotPikes Peak International Hill Climb

Sebastien Loeb Smashes the Pikes Peak Hill Climb Record with an 8:13.878!

We have been in awe with Peugeot’s new 875-horsepower 208 T16, packing a massive power for a challenging sprint to the summit of Pikes Peak. Couple that up with nine-time WRC champion Sebastien Loeb, the possibility of them in breaking the record for the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb is very high; but the question now is how far up will he be raising the bar?

With the previous record set by Rhys Millen at a blistering 9:46.740 back in 2012, Sebastien set a new and almost unbelievable record where he rushed to the 19.99km course in just 8:13.878! The Peugeot 208 T16 in the Unlimited Class driven by the Frenchman averaged 140km/h while it was setting the record-breaking run.

“I felt good in the car, and I pushed it hard from the start to the finish. I made no mistakes, and I felt the race was really good. To drive a car like this and race up here is what makes this special. It is amazing”, said Loeb.

Also contributing to this new record is the whole course now being a paved track. Millen himself managed to improve his time and come second with a 9:02.192 in his 2013 Hyundai PM580T, while Jean-Philippe Dayraut also topped the 2012 record with a time of 9:42.740 in a 2011 Mini Countryman.

Source