InternationalManufacturerNewsSubaru

Subaru Premiers the Locally-Assembled XV Crossover at the 20th IIMS

In one of their biggest launch event ever, PT. TC Subaru, the authorized distributor for Subaru in Indonesia brought in three new units to bask in the spotlight of the 20th Indonesia International Motor Show that took place at the Jakarta International Expo last 20th-30th September. Other than the critically-acclaimed Subaru BRZ and the Impreza 2.0i, Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. had also brought over a pre-production model of their all-new Subaru XV crossover.

Bearing a sleek yet muscular design, the Subaru XV will be assembled in Malaysia, scheduled to begin in January 2013 at Tan Chong Motor Assemblies Sdn Bhd’s existing facility, which holds an initial production capacity of 5,000 units a year.

“The introduction of three new models not only completes the model line-up for Indonesia, it also brings about a fresh appeal for the brand and offers a Subaru for just about everyone. This year’s participation at IIMS is very meaningful to me as we will debut the long awaited Subaru XV, which is the first Subaru model to be manufactured at our plant in Malaysia”, said the President Director of PT. TC Subaru, Mr. Glenn Tan.

Also on display at their booth were a couple of face-lifted models like the Legacy 2.0i with a redesigned front grille and bumper, and the Outback 2.5i. Showcasing larger fog lights and roof tails, the Outback was also being fitted with the new-gen boxer engine and Lineartronic CVT transmission to improve drivability, fuel efficiency and performance.