FordMalaysiaNews

Ford previews its fuel-efficient Fiesta – To be showcased at One Utama

Ford has been churning out some very impressive cars recently and almost all of them are making some sort of in-roads into the Malaysian market. Though we still don’t have the one Ford that we all want, the Focus RS, we are still very impressed with the new Fords.

Just weeks after officially announcing the arrival of the new Ford Focus Sport TDCi, Sime Darby AutoConneXion, official importer of the blue oval in Malaysia, now announces the impending arrival of the all-new Ford Fiesta hatchback and sedan for the Malaysian market.

Equipped with the fuel-efficient dual-clutch, six-speed (automatic) PowerShift technology and offered in both 5-door and 4-door variants, the new Fiesta is set to excite when its officially previewed at the One Utama Highstreet Concourse between the 7-11 April

The Fiesta has won many hearts and many awards during its lifetime. To date, it has won more than 80 prestigious awards worldwide and in China alone the Fiesta has collected an astonishing 44 accolades so far.

Speaking about the new car David Westerman, Asia Pacific Regional Manager at Ford Export and Growth Operations said, “The all-new Ford Fiesta has made headlines across the globe and is expected to create waves in Malaysia. Its PowerShift transmission provides smooth shifting, exceptional performance and class-leading fuel economy.”

“Fiesta is a proven world-class vehicle and an important addition to Ford’s core product portfolio here in Malaysia. Equipped with a state-of-the-art interior package and attractive ‘kinetic design’ exterior styling, we’re confident that Fiesta will be a big hit with consumers,” he continued.

Not only does the Focus come equipped with the expected basics of technology like dual airbags, anti-lock braking system, electronic brake force distribution (EBD) and traction control, but the Fiesta also features the use of Boron steel in its body shell and that’s what makes it one of the safest compacts on the road.

Other features include 16-inch alloy wheels, cap-less refueling, fog lights and an attractive rear spoiler. Interior features include comfortable fabric seats, electric power steering, USB technology as well as Blue Tooth Connectivity.

The Fiesta will be available in showrooms nationwide in the third quarter of 2010, but for more early bird information on the Fiesta in Malaysia, please visit www.ford.net.my or click on the Facebook icon at the site to join the Fiesta in Malaysia fan page.

D
  • D
    drMpower
  • Apr 5, 2010
price price price

all we need is the price.

considering the full blown sedan - which oddly i cant remember whats its called - is at just below RM130k, i believe fiesta,which is more to city car in the ford malaysia's lineup, must be costing in the region of 75 - 90k.

thats the feel good pricing. although i have the sense that it may go a bit up to the range i've mentioned.

please spare the protectionism proton gomen etc etc etc.
S
  • S
    Speed
  • Apr 5, 2010
still waiting for the 2011 turbocharged fiesta. hope they will bring it in.

and hope Citroen will bring the ds3!
I
  • I
    It's Green
  • Apr 6, 2010
It will be priced at RM87K for the hatch and RM83k for the sedan...my guess.
N
  • N
    netmatrix
  • Apr 6, 2010
And then there is the Mazda 2..........
N
will be a hard choice between mazda2 and this car...prefer this car looks...seen in flesh at pyramid previously...simply gorgeous!
D
  • D
    dawg
  • Apr 7, 2010
Doubt the (upcoming) ST or performance variants of the Fiesta would be available.

After all the reason the Fiesta can be priced lower is that Ford will be getting these units from Thailand where same Rayong plant as where the Mazda 2 is being sourced from.

The only question is if Mazda/Ford will continue producing from this plant since Ford no longer have a controlling stake in the Japanese firm.

I'm hoping for a 1.6-litre 5-speed manual hatch.
But as it is with Malaysian market the higher powered variants will definitely come with a missing third pedal.

Be mindful the 6-speed dual clutch is in no way similar to that of VW's DSG.
Powershift is made by Getrag, and DSG by Borg-Warner.
As far as we know Powershift is feels more automatic rather than dual-clutch that great on the S40.
D