MotorsportsNewsSubaruSuper GT

Subaru Legacy B4 GT300 Fails To Make Super GT Race Debut At Suzuka Circuit

subaru_legacy_b4_super_gt_gt300_2

A few months ago we heard that Subaru would be entering the Super GT race this year with a factory backed effort but then we heard Subaru will only be offering technical support for Team R&D Sport. So Team R&D Sport worked on it’s own to prepare the car. This past weekend, as fans descended upon the Suzuka Circuit to watch the new Legacy B4 GT300 make it’s race debut, the team quietly worked overnight to fix a problem with the highly anticipated race machine, ultimately race it did not.

subaru_legacy_b4_super_gt_gt300_4

The Legacy B4 GT300 suffered a driveline issue and the stewards prevented the team from entering free practise on Saturday. The team worked overnight to fix the problem but come race day, the car was still not prepared to face the challenge of a race debut, not to mention the high expectations of fans and bosses.

subaru_legacy_b4_super_gt_gt300_3

At race time, the car was still not fixed and ultimately had to succumb to it’s driveline problems and had to retire, disappointing thousands of fans and mainly team members. However, fans were still delighted to finally see the car in the flesh and comments were made on how low the car was. We now look forward to the next race in Fuji on the 12 & 13th of September 2009.

subaru_legacy_b4_super_gt_gt300_5

Source: 7Tune

B
  • B
    bluetaxi
  • Aug 25, 2009
walau... nice.
K
  • K
    KS
  • Aug 25, 2009
i always wanted a S.Legacy. awesome car
C
  • C
    crazy biscut
  • Aug 26, 2009
WAHH it looks ready for DTM
S
  • S
    skazareth
  • Aug 26, 2009
yea..i love Legacy more than imprezza actually. but give them for free i would take la...kekeke
P
  • P
    pokemon
  • Aug 26, 2009
got a video of the Legacy GT shakedown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG7dxG3az0o

enjoy!
A
  • A
    Automotive Jury
  • Aug 27, 2009
haha..clever!..marketing strategy..got great sale for the Imprezza, now they want make it for the Legacy too..like it..
N
I?ve read several just right stuff here. Certainly value bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how a lot attempt you put to make such a great informative website.
N