Gadgets / LifestyleNews

Your Life Made Easier With The Titan Air Jack

air_jack_450Whoever said that girls are the only ones who do not know how to change a tyre is ignorant and sexist. I know grown men who don’t even know how to use a jack what more change a tyre and apparently they love cars. Right. Well, their life and now ours – who actually know how to get down and dirty with a flat tyre – is about to be made much easier with this contraption, the Titan Air Jack.

Quite simply, the jack is nothing more than a heavy duty balloon capable of raising vehicles more than 100-times its weight above ground level. The cool thing about the air jack is it is inflated by the exhaust gases of your own vehicle; you place the deflated balloon under your car and fix the inflation hose onto your exhaust pipe. So with the engine running, the balloon will be filled up with hot gasses that are forced into the bag until the woven PVC-coated polyester bag lifts a vehicle a full 30 inches off the ground, which is plenty of height to get the wheels off the ground for most vehicles.

The device offers several advantages over traditional jacks. First, it can be used on soft surfaces (mud, sand, or snow) where other jacks just don’t work. Second, it easily lifts one whole side of the vehicle at once, saving tons of time. Best of all, the low pressure bag doesn’t require placement on normal jacking points so you’re free to lift where you want and then place jack stands exactly where you need them. The US military and emergency services have apparently been using jacks of this type for years, so the idea isn’t just full of hot air. I’m just wondering though, can the inflation hose fit on those monstrous exhausts that are so common on almost every other car on Malaysian roads these days, if they do then this will be a god-sent device for everyone.

Source: CNet News via AutoBlog

K
  • K
    K_Takuya
  • Sep 10, 2008
Is the end of the hose is metal? If not, maybe will melt?
S
  • S
    stanleycmw
  • Sep 10, 2008
Guess this product will be hot for future...just imagine it will replace the old-school-heavy jacks...light-weight...user friendly...easy to store when not inflated...wow... Hmm...I don't know about this but may be in future it will "some-how" replace some hydrolic jacks...
S
  • S
    shiraballistic
  • Sep 10, 2008
seriously, my tiny engine got enough puff from the exhaust to inflate that thing to raise the car ? maybe need to borrow those big cc cars than can lah....
C
  • C
    Crazy Biscut
  • Sep 10, 2008
good concept when u get pass that high pressure ballon can injury u if its burst
J
  • J
    Jian
  • Sep 10, 2008
I'm also wondering does it work well with twin exhaust ? Having to know that there is only 1 hose to be connected to the tail pipe. Probably will have to custom the pipe with a "T" or else stuffed one side of the tail pipe with something.
B
  • B
    BabyGodzillaGTi-R
  • Sep 10, 2008
Damn i thought this product been around for ages.
Since the 70s.
G
  • G
    genny
  • Sep 11, 2008
i'm wondering if the hose can connect to tho 4'' or mayb 3'' tips straight flow muffler...
S
  • S
    skazareth
  • Sep 11, 2008
crap....
I
  • I
    izso
  • Sep 11, 2008
Another question is how you're gonna actually attach this thing to a piping hot exhaust without injuring yourself?
P
  • P
    pandaB
  • Sep 11, 2008
i want one.........!!!
R
  • R
    roy_fatboy
  • Sep 12, 2008
genny is right..
with all the monster car around, can you fit it to 3" 4" muffler?..
G
  • G
    genny
  • Sep 12, 2008
or will those monster will burst up those air jack??
D
  • D
    doppelganger
  • Sep 12, 2008
err stanleycmw....did u really read the whole article carefully....bcoz it said that while the bag can lift the car up...you still have to use jack stands to put the car on....so i do not see a future where it will replace hydraulic jacks....

American cars are big not tiny like kelisa...so an exhaust with 3" @ 4" tips should have its connector....also since its been around for more than 3 decades..mebbe it got a whole library of connectors for whatever vehicle there is in US...
D