Auto EventsFeaturesSepang Drag BattleSepang International Circuit

Sepang Drag Battle Round 2 2008

sepang_drag_battle_2_2008-97After much improvements in the last season’s opener, The Sepang Drag Battle had once again, won the drag crowd of both the participants and spectators. The last Sepang Drag Battle saw traffic jams even way before the main entrance. After succesful collaboration with one of the biggest names in motorsports, Motorsport Malaysia with their Campro Drag program, the Sepang Drag Battle will see more new generations of Campro powered Proton battling out their Campro tuning skills and should spawn a much more advanced Proton
tuning scene.

sepang_drag_battle_2_2008-102

sepang_drag_battle_2_2008

sepang_drag_battle_2_2008-59

sepang_drag_battle_2_2008-65

sepang_drag_battle_2_2008 (29)sepang_drag_battle_2_2008 (97)sepang_drag_battle_2_2008 (8)sepang_drag_battle_2_2008 (28)sepang_drag_battle_2_2008 (37)sepang_drag_battle_2_2008 (14)sepang_drag_battle_2_2008 (2)sepang_drag_battle_2_2008 (96)sepang_drag_battle_2_2008 (53)sepang_drag_battle_2_2008 (20)sepang_drag_battle_2_2008 (33)sepang_drag_battle_2_2008 (9)sepang_drag_battle_2_2008sepang_drag_battle_2_2008 (57)sepang_drag_battle_2_2008 (99)

4g93-topfuel
  • Jun 9, 2008
that night, thats 1 starlet kambeng.whats machine under the hood?
A
  • A
    azam R3
  • Jun 10, 2008
wheres is campro drag battle pic?
this category is good to show that our malaysian engine also can be good as vtec engine
  • Jun 10, 2008
But if race wif vtec... no need talk also know the result...
F
  • F
    fquantum
  • Jun 11, 2008
For 300 meters
i've seen one campro beat 1 B16a already..
that campro also had beat 1 1.8 mivec and 1.6 mivec...
P
  • P
    pandaB
  • Jun 11, 2008
campro is new....give it time to mature...hehhehe. especially the newer CPS... :)
M
  • M
    mafioso
  • Jun 12, 2008
what the result for all categories?
W
  • W
    w3
  • Jun 16, 2008
4g93-topfuel on June 9th, 2008 11:20 am that night, thats 1 starlet kambeng.whats machine under the hood?

Its a 13B Rotary engine.
A
  • A
    aziziell
  • Jun 17, 2008
i have some suggestion for sic...how about they make one new category turbo 2 wheel on the road...that will make the event more interesting and happening...

and also how about change campro, na n vtec on the road categories to other time example in day time.they may organize event call on the road day..hahaha..that categories make me n all my friends so tension...that categories spoilt that night..for sic information many of the crowd went back early because of that categories...all cars moved like they all went to midvalley at federal highway..and many car also in that categories...so boring..all my friends also said that..or they can reduce number of contestent at that categories...

that just my opinion n may be on behalf of my friend...
A
  • A
    aziziell
  • Jun 17, 2008
see the zth crew also do not snap campro car...may be they also like, not interested with campro category...
M
  • M
    Mohd. Shuhaili B. Rapa'ad
  • Jun 17, 2008
saya nk menyuarakan pendapat yang kebayakannya di perkatakan oleh peminat2 drag battle.....berkenaan 2 katogeri yang mendapat sambutan hangat iaitu katogeri F & G....dapatlah kiranya kedua-dua katogeri ini di bawa kepeda waktu siang samada hari sabtu atau pun ahad, ini kerana katogeri ini terlalu ramai penyertaannya dan melambatkan masa......perlumbaan tepaksa di habiskan lewat kerana 2 kategori ini...

harap2 pihak sic dapat mempertimbangkan cadanagan ini yang rata sering di perkatakan oleh peminat2 DRAG RACE......

tq.....
A
  • A
    azam R3
  • Jun 17, 2008
aziaiell, campro category only have 16 car how can u say so many wan,are u entering the event?if not just keep ur mouth shutup key,wondering what car ur using now.Like fquamtum says wan of campro engine already tapow b16a ma then we all dun have mivec ,vtec ,dvvt on our engine how all of u wana compare with us?shame on u.at least we have a ball to entering the drag batle compare to race outside key.
A
  • A
    azam R3
  • Jun 17, 2008
4896 y dun u compare vtec vs ferari or porsche sure u kena kan,dun la bully us like this.mcm mana malaysia nak maju kalu org sendiri kondem buatan negara sendiri.sumo vtec dah berapa lama ada kat market bang compare dgn kita org?
bleh lah citer,kalu korang pakai 1.6 i-vtec buleh ikut time otai vtec oden salute lah
A
  • A
    azam R3
  • Jun 17, 2008
Were you reading? Come on, say something now.
Just make sure it's not an immature comment.
A
  • A
  • Jun 17, 2008
chill dudes.. we are here to contribute to the betterment of the local drag scene.. constructive and relevant comments only pls.. no flaming.. :D
F
  • F
    fquantum
  • Jun 17, 2008
ya la why the other like to "Taruk" Campro engine la....
you guys should be proud that Malaysian Engine
it is capable of doing so ....

to compare V-tech & Campro is like what azam say la
v-tec n Ferrari.... i love v-tech too but don't la taruk sama Campro...

what i can say la with a limited source of mod.... Campro still can performed...
soon maybe soon Campro will be at par with Mivec or may be with V-tech....

- B&M Motorsport-
Let me get this straight.. I didn't take pictures of the Campro class.. So I don't support Campro? Sorry.. the "zth crew" doesn't support Campro? HELLO !! I worked alone that night !! How many places do you want me to be at the same time ??

And to suggest that we don't support the Campro class because the pictures are not here is as good as taking a shit by only thinking about it !! Is there logic in that ?? Didn't think so...
A
  • A
  • Jun 18, 2008
oh yeah, if any of you have good shots to contribute, regardless campro, avantech, kancils etc, the 'zth crew' wud be more than happy to include them in our gallery..
Y
  • Y
    Yoe 757 M.G & KBSJ
  • Jun 19, 2008
All og u can be see 'the fastest' kancil from kota bharu soon.....
F
  • F
    fquantum
  • Jun 19, 2008
ha ha.. not saying that ZTH crew not support Campro la... you guys did a good job during the 1st round... It just that some of the forumer here who is so proud of their honda aka V-tech & Mitsubishi aka Mivec like to Tatuk on Campro....

Huhu not many people know the result of last week "1500 Max event" at Sepang rite.....
http://www.zerotohundred.com/2008/auto-news/alang-claims-his-second-win-of-the-season/
M
  • M
    M.Shazreal
  • Aug 6, 2008
Campro Drag is suppose to be an entry level drag racing. The concept of this event is to make it as affordable & accessible to all road going campro cars. The CDB is merely a 2 round baby, event is pretty new...give us some time to grow this event and we do welcome more inputs on making this event a success. Hope you guys have some patient and support the cause of CDB participants who's honest in promoting their beloved national car. No doubt that we're no where near the performance of the vtec's or evo's but at least we could see the best of our national cars competing against each other. For more details on Campro Drag Battle please log on to www.motopark.com.my
M
  • M
    max
  • Aug 24, 2008
Alo kawan²... gua nak cadang supaya acara drag ni di percepatkan masanya skit.Cth: register di tutup jam 8.30-9.00 pm. ni kul 10 lebih br sampai kat trek. cam mana nak abis awal skit klu kita tak de guideline..
P
  • P
    pastel
  • Sep 18, 2008
hmmm

who fastet time ?
C
Good day! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be okay. I'm absolutely enjoying your blog and look forward to new updates.
C