MalaysiaNews

Fuel Price Will Be REDUCED Soon?

2007-189p-petrol-price-riseHow do you find living with the RM2.70 fuel price for almost 2 months now? I know I’m complaining! Well, here’s some good news for all of us; Cabinet yesterday discussed the possibility of reducing pump prices of petrol and diesel following the recent drop in world crude oil price.

It was reported that the Cabinet discussed the matter comprehensively. However, no decision was made as to whether the prices would be reduced. The discussion was held in view of the dropping world fuel prices over the past few days.

The pump price for petrol went up by 78 sen to RM2.70 per litre and diesel by RM1 to RM2.58 a litre following a cut in the fuel subsidy in June. This was due to the world oil price that was hovering around US$140 (RM457.80) a barrel. At its height, it hit US$147 but has recently, especially over the past week, been dropping, to US$122 yesterday.

“What we don’t want is for the prices to go down for a day or two, only to spike again later”, Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Minister Datuk Shahrir Abdul Samad said fuel pump prices would only go down if crude oil prices remained low for a SUSTAINED period.

Fingers crossed…

P
  • P
    papagoines
  • Jul 31, 2008
Not believing it until they really implement it...
K
  • K
    king_jamez
  • Jul 31, 2008
hmmm...let's hope it'll really happen rather than just some bullshits from the G...
L
  • L
    LOL
  • Jul 31, 2008
the G is still discussion bout their own problem...our problem??..later la
M
  • M
    m3 power
  • Jul 31, 2008
haha dont believe it. if want to reduced the price take so long to think la until the price is sustain la. if want to jack up the price wah so fast 1. haha. another propaganda from Be End to calm down rakyat from many mess they do.
I
  • I
    Izso
  • Aug 1, 2008
Aiya.. last year when the petrol prices went down did our 1.92 per litre go down? Noooooo.. Slowly wait la.
L
  • L
    LANE
  • Aug 1, 2008
Reduce Price ? Must metting first until 1 month or 2 month
Increase Price ? No need to meeting , discussion only 1 hour to hour and done ...

That is G behavior ..
X
  • X
    xand
  • Aug 1, 2008
“What we don’t want is for the prices to go down for a day or two, only to spike again later”, Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Minister Datuk Shahrir Abdul Samad said fuel pump prices would only go down if crude oil prices remained low for a SUSTAINED period.

the so-called sustained period is 3 WEEKS TIME ! ... if the price still maintaining at that level, then only the G might make the price drop... but still though, lots of traders already rise the prices of their goods when the fuel price went up, won't think they will take the price down when the fuel price is down... anyway, we might less bit burden~
D
  • D
    darkness3299
  • Aug 1, 2008
oil price going down? i cant wait to see something like that happen. hahhahaha rite.. they talking as if all us of are dumb.. im speechless sometimes when read their comments hahaha
K
  • K
    K_Takuya
  • Aug 1, 2008
down the price of oil... because we need to drive everyday, but we may not eat the same thing everyday!
P
  • P
    pandaB
  • Aug 1, 2008
even the petrol prices in singapore dropped . so the possiilities it is happening ere is high. as if the current msia scene is "peaceful" n people is "happy" wif the world hike. then again, atleast got rebates. little gain is better than none at all. juz my 2 cents. :)
D
  • D
    doppelganger
  • Aug 3, 2008
nothing at all is better then a stupid idiotic unforgiven littlest minor gain....juz my 270 cents...
N
  • N
    netmatrix
  • Aug 4, 2008
Sorry i don't believe them. There are too many loopholes they can use to squirm themselves off helping us pay less. What we see no that can be done, is what the government see not to be done. You get me?

After countless times of being screwed over and over again by the "No, no, no, no, will not, never" lies, i'll be god damn to believe our goverment.
N