ZTH MINI Club!

kris

Jul 25, 2005
Puchong
the guy told me that the engine is in running condition, i havent seen it yet;

but the specs are 1000 cc, with aircond, disc brake in front, full accessories, will be given a new coat of paint (color of my choice), with full interior.

however he tol me that it is cut into 3 parts (from middle and top).

my main concern is safety and legal issue. i dun want to spend the $$ and let JPJ tow it for souvenier. i know 1 guy that have to run away from from the police everytime.

oh..and the car do not have a car registration. i will have to transfer my old car registration to the new car; which also means i would have to sell my mini austin 1975 car without registration.

sorry for the length reply..i m taking up space.

clubman1275GT

Jul 14, 2005
Malaysia
Please help

guys,

something sad happened to me!! :( Someone STOLE my mini sports rims!!!!!! all 4 of it!!! arghhh!!! :mad: it was taken right from my car garage!!!!! HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN!! :mad:

well... i am not looking some legs for my car. besides that i have decided to get my mini done up. anyone can help me with the details here coz im in malacca.

1. Engine - should i just over haul it or change it? how much a half cut or engine cost?

2. Sports Rim - Second hand or new? previously i was using 10x6J Mercury rims. Never seen it b4 but it is embossed there MADE IN ENGLAND. how?

Please reply ASAP. i dont want those idiot to steal my disc brakes. i think i will need the rims pretty soon!

twistedangel

2,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2004
London
chooyin.blogspot.com
clubman1275GT...

so sorry to hear bout that.. ill try and get you the numbers of my malacca asc. k? u prolly can ask em for help... just get a second hand one in the mean time?? i mean the rims to avoid ur disc brakes frm gettin stolen...

damn those ppl that stole ur rims..totally feel ur drift man..engine wise its totally up to u truthfully...if u willing to spend money there or splurge or money else where...

kris...
no worries bout the space..lol more than happy that the thread is moving pretty fast ..
bout the mini...well its does still boil down to u..and how good a job they can do..and if ur willing to risk it..and all that hoopla.. ;)

S

skyline86

minicooper said:
Skyline count me in for the TT on the 6th.

minicooper - PAB 9858 slowclubman.

By the way skyline do you agree with twistedangel about the 1/2 cut joint back???

Since she mentioned about her car being.... i hope she will not get into trouble. What say you.

Twistedangel, if you are on please comment.

Has anyone here in this forum heard that there are a few Minis stuck in Padang Jawa JPJ? Some friends told me so therefore please make a survey on this subject.

regarding 1/2 cut joint back, i personally not agree with that, especially when u put in a 1.3 or bigger hp engine. For angel, im very sure she drive safely, so it should'nt be a prob for her/

Yes i do heard about there are few Minis stuck in Padang Jawa JPJ due to the body joint, but i oso just heard from frens.

S

skyline86

kris said:
the guy told me that the engine is in running condition, i havent seen it yet;

but the specs are 1000 cc, with aircond, disc brake in front, full accessories, will be given a new coat of paint (color of my choice), with full interior.

however he tol me that it is cut into 3 parts (from middle and top).

my main concern is safety and legal issue. i dun want to spend the $$ and let JPJ tow it for souvenier. i know 1 guy that have to run away from from the police everytime.

oh..and the car do not have a car registration. i will have to transfer my old car registration to the new car; which also means i would have to sell my mini austin 1975 car without registration.

sorry for the length reply..i m taking up space.
Kris,
For me, engine is the second concern for a mini, body is the core, the car already cut into "3 parts"? do u really feel it is safe to drive? what if u drive more than 100km/h? or when u think to drift the car? since ur main concern is safety and legal issue, u should think before u make ur choice. And joint mini wont be detect by JPJ if they really check it, if u got time u can survey for the Mini case happen in JPJ.

As i think, if u get a good local body mini, but engine is not that powerful or may be the car just need some little touch up will be much more better.
That is just my few cents of words.

regards,
- skyline86 -

osh

Known Member
Dec 29, 2003
Visit site
holaaaaaa

ellOOOooooo everyone....

Wanted to join you guys for the TT but my car is still in d workshop.
I'll try to make it if you guys can push the date.plenty of interior work to do.
Hope tat I can make it to join you guys and meet other FREAKS like me

Cheerssss

minicooper

Known Member
Mar 8, 2004
Twistedangel
Photoshoot??
Is my car allowed, cause it carries Sports Mini Owners' Club-Malaysia on the front windscreen.

Kris
As for your inquiry as to whether JPJ approved such cars, why not take the car for approval at Puspakom & JpJ. If green light given by them than you should'nt be afraid of them having the car as souvenior but a proud owner of the approved car with such beautiful body(might be 10 years old rather than 30 years old. correct.) If it can be approved please let us know the details of the process, I too will want to get a 5 - 8 year old mini half cut ....

Skyline
Are you sure the JPJ at road block don't know how to spot the difference? Don't look down on them.

Come on the 30th and you can see many Minis (Beauty and the Beast)
Cheers

S

skyline86

minicooper said:
Twistedangel
Photoshoot??
Is my car allowed, cause it carries Sports Mini Owners' Club-Malaysia on the front windscreen.

Kris
As for your inquiry as to whether JPJ approved such cars, why not take the car for approval at Puspakom & JpJ. If green light given by them than you should'nt be afraid of them having the car as souvenior but a proud owner of the approved car with such beautiful body(might be 10 years old rather than 30 years old. correct.) If it can be approved please let us know the details of the process, I too will want to get a 5 - 8 year old mini half cut ....

Skyline
Are you sure the JPJ at road block don't know how to spot the difference? Don't look down on them.

Come on the 30th and you can see many Minis (Beauty and the Beast)
Cheers
minicooper,
sorry for the wrong posting, wat i mean is they will spot the difference if they really check it, else u may need to pay some $. As my experience, road block JPJ can check ur engine either is 850, 1.0, 1.3 event most of the minis engine are look almost similar. But so far everytime i drive my mini very less kena road block :)

angel,
probaly we may need to push back the date, becoz the star reporter told me we at least need 15-20 and we need a title for the gathering. anyway, we may wait for 2 more days n see how is the reaction.

kris,
if u done ur JPJ approval pls do let me know also, im pretty interested with that oso.

regards,
- skyline86 -

S

skyline86

4th MTT date: 06 Aug 2005
Time: 8:00 - anytime

Attendance list:
1. Twistedangel
2. skyline86
3. me AT 8273
4. kamal BBF 878
5. izhar BAF 1903
6. amir (izhar bro) MB 8701- mini wagon
7. fastclubman
8. jo samuel
9. anas fitri
10.minicooper - PAB 9858

guys or girls, please support support if u car can run, or u can come with others car if really cant make with mini....

fastclubman

Known Member
Nov 25, 2004
clubman1275gt,

feel for you man!! hate it when this stuff happens. I am always so afraid something like this will happen to my car too when i take it out. Most of my frens generally think i am a bit nuts cos, who would want to steal a mini or its parts! Trust me there a lot arseholes out there who are just in for a quick buck!

kris,

cut mini - can be broken down to two groups. One is cut horizontally along the roof (cut thru a. b and c pillar) and the other vertically thru the body (just before of the b pillar). Now if any of this cut body is to be joined back, then it will affect the rigidity and strength of the body. The car which has been joined at the roof, will be much stronger compared to a car joined in the middle. Generally in both cases, the cars should not be used in any form of comeptition, but for road use i think this should not be a problem (esp roof cut). Cut in the middle and join back, i would stay very clear of it, this can be quite bad in the case of an accident. THe last thing you need in an accident is the car coming in half and you and your passenger exposed to danger! Just my 2 cents

minicooper,

i think i will have to change my nick to slowclubman redy la, driving with 1000cc is no syiok redy! All so standard, engine sound oso so steady, nice to drive in town la, but no poke. Miss the growl and roar of the DCOE, lumpy idle from the scatter cam and waiting for the feeling of the car coming on cam! damn...need my mechanic to start putting the engine back together!

i will most probably see u in nilai!

fastclubman.....not fast at all

twistedangel

2,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2004
London
chooyin.blogspot.com
hola osh!

como etas senore? have ya given ya details to me? just wondering sorry kinda lost track of who has n who hasnt given me their details... if ya havent then dont forget to email me these..or PM me ( [email protected] )

name:
contact no:
email add:

skyline...
yea totally agree with ya...think its better if we do push the dates back to get more peeps..good maybe we can coincide the star and the hypertune photoshoot as well then ;)

minicooper... im sorry but i dont think we can include ur car in the photoshoot since it has the Sports Mini Owners' Club-Malaysia on the front windscreen...we arent associated with them and u guys are very much more established than us...and we are just an online based club ....i dont think its fair for either clubs to be associated together since we arent merged... :)

kris

Jul 25, 2005
Puchong
minicooper, skyline86, twistedangel and fastclubman,

thanks a lot. u guys really help me out. i think its too risky to buy that car. especially when its like joined together like a frankenstein. but the halfcut 1000cc engine seems very good though. will cost me 4.5 to 5k but the mileage is good (abt 40000km).

i think i will just repaint my old car then. that is going to cost me a bomb. some quoted up to 5k for total scraping, rust proofing and painting.

my engine is going konk. the gasket is spoilt and water is coming out from the exhaust pipe. it causes it to overheat.

ah...the joy of owning a mini. ;) pain that we sadistically enjoy.

oh..one more thing. do u guys know how much is it going to cost to change the whole floor board?

clubman1275GT

Jul 14, 2005
Malaysia
sports rim

hi again,

does anyone have any recomendation of where i could get my mini some legs please? i have been searching high and low in malacca for them but to no avail. in PJ, KL, or Klang also can. i am looking for a 10 inch sport rims, new or second hand will do.

one of the shops here offered me Italian made rims but i dont know what brand is that it is 10x6.5. RM1100 for a set of 4 without tyres. is it a good price? another shop offered me 12inches at RM950. both are new rims. can i get it cheaper in KL or anywhere else?