Young Rookie Driver Looking for a Team

fzeeworks_881

Known Member
May 3, 2005
D'sara, KL
Dear ZTH Racetrack junkies,
I'm Eff, 20 years old. I post this thread to try out my luck as a stepping stone into the racetrack scene. Honestly speaking, I've had my once in a lifetime chance with the R3 Team last year at the Proton Track Carnival in Sepang in the Media Team, WAJA R3 (Track Version) car no 42. That's where I met Faizal (from R3 - I think he's also here in the ZTH R3 forums) and gained experience from people like F. Alang and Tengku Djan Ley himself. It was a great honor to be a part of the team for the 85 laps endurance. I'm not quite sure how good I was rated among all but the car (No 42) encountered some minor technical problem with the fuel injectors and I only manage to finish the race. The R3 team worked hard day and night setting up the car but luck wasn't on our side that day.
I learnt my track lessons from a mentor who've actually made it to the F3 now (Fairuz Fauzi) back in the school days at my housing area. Apart from his hands on training in his various different track cars (illegally on the streets of Sri D'sara), I admit that watching Japanese Car Video Magazines also inspired me to learn and mastered the heel and toe since I was in Form 2... hehe... but that of course, wasn't good enough.
I hold a novice competition AAM License (which needs to be renewed) and I've driven in Pasir Gudang (Also with the R3 team during the driver search) and made my first mark in the Proton Track Carnival Sepang Endurance as a 2nd driver alongside with mr Justin from a local on the 4th and 5th December last year and if I recall correctly, I managed to clock a lap time of 1'29 (right Faizal?) as one of my best time in the R3 Waja. It was a helluva experience I'll never forget in my whole lifetime!
After that chance of a lifetime, I've been living in lots of memories of being a race car driver and I've been searching for a team that needs a young driver like me, who's willing to learn and to gain experience and proceed perhaps even further in God's will. I just wonder if this would actually expose myself into looking for a team to ride on for the next upcoming races. If any of you guys are looking for co-driver or in a search for new talent, I'd really appreciate it if I'm given a chance to even try out my luck and see what I've got. Hope my search will at least lead me somewhere.... Cheers!

Eff

PS: I'm aware that being in a team includes some contribution (moneywise) or even sponsorships... I think this are some of the areas that I can work on too. Hope to hear from you guys soon. Cheers!

funnyman

Known Member
Jan 18, 2005
mont kiara
wanna make own team. czo im also interested to get into the racing scene
haha dont have shit exp though when it comes to the official stuff but gotta start
sumwhere rite. so waddaya say. get a couple of fellas together make a team?

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
i m real interest in becoming a part time racer, cos i cant abandon my study now..need 2 more year to complete it...so the advice is find a team among racer??

monsterv6

2,000 RPM
May 3, 2005
S.J
im intersted on that cause im also really intersted in the racing scene..but dont have the chance to do that...
anybody wants another person...im here guys....pm me..

Fiki

Dec 6, 2004
Klang Valley
www.kic.com.my
y dont u check the mme preparatio thread.. it might help...

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
maybe we can make up a small team which practise ourself and then after we are more good in it we can ask for sponsor to form a team? so anyone interest?

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
anyone else?

FUSO

Jan 14, 2005
Visit site
hey guys.....i'm also interested. who wants to go for a tt? then we can discuss bout everything. i wanna get the aam license thing also but don't know how. can also share driving techniques and tips. i'm from pj.

jee_square

Known Member
Jun 16, 2005
Taman Melawati
I was also part of the Waja R3 project last sem.. We had all the preperations, divide students into groups, had our schedule, selected our drivers and there goes.. Shit happens.. Some contract bullshit kept us out from getting our Waja.. Emabarrasing to our eager sponsors when this thing fails.. Haiyaa.. I've also been long thinking to start up an own team.. I'm in!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

I'm looking for new set of absorbers & spring for my 2004 Kia Spectra. I understand that RS-One sells GAB suspension (HA series) for my Spectra.

Also found out that Hotbits has suspension of my car too.

Need advice. Based on your experience, which would you recommend ? Hotbits or GAB?

Thanks in advance....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience