Yokohama Vs Bridgestone....

ccibai

Known Member
May 21, 2005
msia
for ad07 it is directional = the thread is design for u to run in 1 direction so when u rotate tyres u can only do it in front = back direction

re001 unidirectional is the tyre design only need u to mount it with the outside face n u can rotate all round. although it look a bit funny with re001 half outside thread is directional but it doens't matter the thread face 4wad or the other way

hv a look at the pic
ImageShack - Hosting :: img46812wf3.jpg

Last edited:

harpoon

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
shah alam n amp
for ad07 it is directional = the thread is design for u to run in 1 direction so when u rotate tyres u can only do it in front = back direction

re001 unidirectional is the tyre design only need u to mount it with the outside face n u can rotate all round. although it look a bit funny with re001 half outside thread is directional but it doens't matter the thread face 4wad or the other way

hv a look at the pic
why do you say that ut doesn't matter whether the thread face forward or backward. coz to me it kinda looks ackward. one part face forward and one part face backward. just my opinion. i do know that it is designed in such a way though

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com

hv a look at the pic
so u mean that ad07 can't swap from right to left or vise versa???

ccibai

Known Member
May 21, 2005
msia
why do you say that ut doesn't matter whether the thread face forward or backward. coz to me it kinda looks ackward. one part face forward and one part face backward. just my opinion. i do know that it is designed in such a way though
ahha yeah when i 1st saw it launching i was also thinking r there goin to release a left n right tyre in order to make the thread facing forward but turn out i guess it gonna b too troublesome for the dealer to keep right n left stocks. from all the ppl who used this tyre no one complaint about the performance of it in dry or wet bcoz of the thread so i guess bridgetsone hv spent enuff research on it to make sure it perform as well either way

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
so then what make directional tyre different from uni beside the need to take out the tyre if we want to change it?

ccibai

Known Member
May 21, 2005
msia
in terms of performance or? bcoz tyres which only hv performance in mind tends to b directional - ad07, re01r, but all the directional tyres i used r also a bit noisier esepcially when they wear down a bit n also their large thread block.

i think bridgestone design re001 as a cross between performance n also comfort so as to target as many ppl as possible

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
*Sound of plane flying....*
*Sound of commentator...* : THAILAND....
*some fighting music* and then text on screen "YOKOHAMA VS BRIDGESTONE"....
"Round 1"....
"FIGHT!"

Yokohama : Yoyoyoyoyo koooooo hama! *yokohama spinning kick*
BridgeStone : Bbbbbbbbrrrrridge.... STONE! *fire stone balls*
heheheh

Just joking. Stress at work la. Gila liao.

harpoon

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
shah alam n amp
no wonder la, i;m trying to decipher all the flying and music things here... heheh

btw anybody tried the yokohama es100 and s.drive?? any comment on them

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
me on 16" es100.. wat can say is cant control my gas pedal especially at corner, but wear very fast, hehe..

harpoon

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
shah alam n amp
when u say very fast u mean how fast??

the threadwear is 280 compared to 180 on advan ad07 right

so the traction must be very good for you not be able to control at corners...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello,

anyone successfully endorse JPJ for converted bigger cc engine which exceed 25% from original engine cc?

Mind to share the procedure like ? Terima kasih
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience