Y-Pipe

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Last time custom made mine about rm260.00.

- Better throttle response.

- More prominent VQ V6 sound.

- Slightly higher fuel consumption.

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
Slightly higher FC? :hmmmm:... have to reconsider whether to do it or not

sb3, where did u do the y-pipe? I've read that best to go Sunway for JFA, but since the owner passed away some time ago, r they still good?

onionbay

Jun 29, 2005
KL
when u want power.. u have to sacrifice some ron97 :) nothing comes free...

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
@ JFA , the brother took over d business:good quality but a bit pricey. They do fabricate roll cage too,FYI.

Here is my cheaper Y-pipe, hehehe..(less than rm300-00)

Attachments

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
sb3, where did u do u y-pipe?
There is one shop @ Puchong called Wai Heng Exhaust . I am sure alot of you guys have seen different outlets around klang valley. But to customise our VQ "Y-pipe" , it can only be done at their puchong 'HQ'. Its just located nearby Tesco , puchong.:biggrin:

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
any side effect? :P

u ah.. not good la..

make me gatal again....
Yes , there are some side effects listed below:-

-For those grown up men who have peter-pan syndrome, since it will give a better throttle response, you would tend to WOT more frequently just to hear the V6 growl !! This would make your V6 more thirsty for fuel , hence higher fuel consumption.

- As this habit is hard to kick-off, you would tend to change the whole exhaust systems after frequent 'advice ' given by the exhaust technician. They will say that you would need to free up some horses by changing the piping, resonator and a s or straight flow muffler. This will incur higher cost $$$!

- ah yes, last but not least , to keep your ori y-pipe . If you are bored with the 'sound' you can always put back the ori y-pipe.

WARNING : This installation is habit forming ! Therefore is advisable to install with caution, hahaha!!

rgds,

SB3.

Attachments

JasonKam

Known Member
Jul 29, 2007
Tmn Kinrara S'2
erm....custom build "Y" pipe? any effect? i`m still thinking about it....

hmmm...my piping look abit rusty now...

i already chop off the cat-converter and just using 1 twisted center bullet straight to rear exhaust on VQ25,did this setup ok?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4g9b-bTvIUA" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="200" width="335"></iframe>

Satria Neo owners rejoice! Please enjoy this video of our Pro Neo Concept, packed with our range of Works Engineering products developed specifically for the Satria Neo. Let us introduce you to the range of performance products we have in stock. Turn the tired Neo into a real pocket rocket!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience