X-Trail owners

Discussion in 'Nissan' started by blade_runner, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Caarzee

Caarzee 5 Year | Silver

hi CKeng,

It kinda doesnt make sense if the extender is before the TB (in between TB & Air filter). There's actually a formula / calculation to the length of ram airpipe from intake opening to TB (Browser Warning).

I have one TB Spacer, installed between the intake manifold and TB. The increase is very minimal. It's about the same price as LCP, so I say, LCP is a better choice.

I'm still on my stock airbox with K&N. oddly, my FC decreased compared to generic Tan Choong air filter.

Regarding the questions that I had another day about breather, this is a good article from a friend. (Crankcase Ventilation Explained - N/A Edition)

Managed to get Ken, thank you. He says BSR is good mod with little/no vibration, no need to reset ECU or whatsoever. I'll probably do this in a few month's time when I get my oil change interval :)

Thanks.

2. Caarzee

Caarzee 5 Year | Silver

finally had BSR.. actually more like a chain cut done on the BS chain. couldnt remove the BS from the oil pan opening due to space constraint. felt no vibration , engine roars more during pickup and engine is lighter and ease when revving. totally recommended.

3. ckeng1

ckeng1 Senior Member

omg, finally u get it done. i believe the engine felt lighter and the rev is better.

have you redo the header and muffler?

4. Caarzee

Caarzee 5 Year | Silver

hi CKeng1,

It's been my fifth day since. No regrets thus far :) if you need a mechanic, let me know. I did this at Sri Kembangan which I think it's far for you. It took less than 3hrs (leisurely) to get it removed. I think it can be done under 2hrs.

Yes, got my cap ayam 4-2-1 header but rear mufflers are running at stock and still in a good condition.

Thanks.

5. ckeng1

ckeng1 Senior Member

Hi Caarzee,

I think my idea will be just cut off the chain and remain the cap, but this have to wait till my next service. hehehe

Trust me, get yourself a Stainless steel muffler from Matola, cheap and good, the 1 i bought is about RM 250 only (S-type inside)included installation, XT replacement model from matola is about RM 800++, , that guy is good in car mod, but the work quality is so so only. He is in kepong, i can give u the location.

6. Samson Tang

Samson Tang From Facebook

Hi Caarzee & CKeng1,
    Need some suggestion for my x-trail.
    My X-Trail 2.0 already 7 years,slightly under power d.
    I'm going to change air filter to K&N and mod exhaust.. Do I need mod other thing to cover back the power?

7. Caarzee

Caarzee 5 Year | Silver

Hi Samson,

I did the following when my exy turned 6th and before I went ahead with air filter and exhaust mods.

1) Engine & Throttle Body Cleaner (WTS : Best Carbon Cleaner in the Market!)
    2) Engine Flush ([wts] Lambda Primer Set)
    3) Engine Protection with Liqui Moly Ceratec (Liqui Moly Products)
    3) Get a good engine oil, sparks, change ATF if you havent.
    4) Grounding ([WTS] Custom made grounding cable)

** I am not related to these guys. I just find these are great products and they are doing an honest service/biz.

This may or may not help and it depends on individual car's condition.

Thanks.

8. ckeng1

ckeng1 Senior Member

I did use the above product, but different brand, a cheap brand earth cable from 'sister' accs shop, throttle body cleaner from spareparts shop, iradium spark plug, never change until now, and constantly replace the lub - shell blue bottle, ATF always is Matic D after every 40,000km..

If you really need some confident engine restore, send to nissan to clean up the engine treatment and throttle body clean + timing advance (FC increase a little).

9. TheSquee

TheSquee Senior Member

Good afternoon

Im Eric from JPM Motorsport , we are the organizers for the upcoming Super GT 2012 on the 9th n 10th of June at Sepang International Circuit.
    We would like invite your club to attend. We have ticket packages of 30 , 50 , 100 tickets. Retail price are at RM100 but if purchased in bulk pricing will be significantly lower. More details in the proposal.

By the way kids below the age of 12 will be able to enter for FREE.

May I know who can i e-mail this proposal to ? :)

Here is a little teaser of what to expect !

2012 Super GT Promo - YouTube

10. NYTM

NYTM 5 Year | Silver

Hi All,

anyone got any suggestions for tires - now using Bridgestone Dueler, due for change.
    Not sure whethe to buy the same or upgrade to Michelin XM2 - around RM400/tire in Klang.
    Dueler around RM360 or so.
    Or any other suggestions.....Dunlop?

Thanks

11. n2ccl

n2ccl Senior Member

Anyone can help where to buy nissan x trail bodykits? Tq

12. eric_ho20

eric_ho20 Senior Member

Hi, any T31 owners over here??