Engine and Performance

[WTS] Shift Lights

• Thread starter Indecided
  • Start date
  • Reply 171

Indecided

I

Indecided

Pictures are in! Tested the unit out and it works GREAT :) looks real promising.

Rather plain but well, it's good and non-descript..good staying hidden.

Orders are open (actually been open for quite a while lah.)

PM me if you want to order, and i will place your name in the first page order list.

Units due end of this month. :)

-ArChAng3L-

2,000 RPM

-ArChAng3L-

2,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Visit site
hhmm
the knob shown in the picture is to adjust the brightness of the LED?
where's the knob to adjust the RPM?

and i dont get what you mean by the injector switching..

Khorne

500 RPM

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
I WANT A RED ONE....
But you haven't replied my PM yet !!!
I wanna know if it will work on a rotary engine ???
Thanks....

TE27levin

Known Member

TE27levin

Known Member
Nov 23, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by Indecided@Sep 17 2004, 23:16
Pictures are in! Tested the unit out and it works GREAT :) looks real promising.

Rather plain but well, it's good and non-descript..good staying hidden.

Orders are open (actually been open for quite a while lah.)

PM me if you want to order, and i will place your name in the first page order list.

Units due end of this month. :)
oh good.. i misunderstand..
i take one... orange LED please...
any way can it use to activate the additional injector??? since it can be set a pulse flash LED.. so please reply...

count me in

Indecided

I

Indecided

TE27levin,

the additional injector control is via a relay, hooked up to your injector. It is an option for this model, will have to make sure it's available.

Khorne,

I'll get back to you ASAP when i do find out :) no kaki ah?

Archang3l,

the knob is for RPM. my sample didn't have brightness :( but the manufacturer said it would be included in the actual order batches.

as for the rest.. yeah. do confirm your interested-ness :)

Khorne

500 RPM

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
Hey Indecided,

If it will work for Rotary engines, please confirm my order for 1 unit in RED okay...
Thanks...

Thanks Bro ;)

Indecided

I

Indecided

Originally posted by ky_fei@Sep 18 2004, 17:02
where we need to install ? to the ciggie lighter ? or where ? connect the wire to where ?
ky_fei,

please read the first post for details.

-ArChAng3L-

2,000 RPM

-ArChAng3L-

2,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Visit site
hahah..
one more question though
let's say we want to set to 5700rpm or any rpm that the number is not "even" (etc. 3400rpm, 6800rpm) how are we gonna set with the knob?

anyway, i confirm want a blue one :)
when's the first batch of stock coming?

Indecided

I

Indecided

Originally posted by ArChAng3L-@Sep 19 2004, 04:20
hahah..
one more question though
let's say we want to set to 5700rpm or any rpm that the number is not "even" (etc. 3400rpm, 6800rpm) how are we gonna set with the knob?

anyway, i confirm want a blue one :)
when's the first batch of stock coming?
not "even" number?

errr...

u rev to the desired RPM, then twist the knob till it lights up :) simple-lah :)

stock ETA end of this month, after i confirm 20 orders :)

dave

Known Member

dave

Known Member
Sep 2, 2004
so when tentatively we can receive our products....

EGfan

Known Member

EGfan

Known Member
Dec 18, 2003
Hi Indecided,

I've PMed you, but got no reply from you. Can i have 1 unit . White

Thanks

sky_kids

Known Member

sky_kids

Known Member
Nov 27, 2003
Penang, KL
Originally posted by Indecided@Sep 10 2004, 11:50
Bringing in a shift lamp product this month.

as above this product will be priced at about RM100, excluding installation.
3 month warranty, 1-1 exchange.

the manufacturer is OEMing, hence it will be in a simple case with little/no markings.

The product will be in 100RPM increments, available in blue,red,white. Other colors are available on request.

FAQ

What in the world is a shift lamp, and what is it for?
A shift lamp is simply an accessory that can be referred to as a light that switches on when the engine reaches a certain RPM (preset). Main reason? Optimize your petrol efficiency, or make sure you don't drag your lovely 20valve monster into obvilion.

What cars can this shift lamp be used on?
This shift lamp can be used on 3cyl, 4cyl 6cyl.. Will work on 8 and 12cyl vehicles but no provisions for them :D Twin-spark/dual-chamber engine configurations have not been tested. As for rotaries, I wil let you know after I test it out on a savannah or perhaps a nice B20.

What is the shift range?
Depending on how clean the input signal is, you will be able to set the shift point from 1,500RPM all the way up to 7,200RPM. This range may change, increasing or decreasing per application.

What connections are needed to use this unit?
There are three wires to wire - 12v constant, ground, and tach (ECU/Distributor). I would advise you to get a reliable installer for it. I also install it for certain cars.

What colors are the LED available in?
The LEDs are available in Red,White,Dark Blue, Aqua Blue. There is no set number of a certain color in each batch, I order according to demand. SO don't worry, you will get the color you want.

What other features are incorporated/planned?
As far as it goes, an option for external load control is available IE injector switching. also, a brightness control for the LED in case the intensity is too much for you to take :)

What sort of a guarantee is available and how does it apply to this product?
Provided you do not mount the unit in your engine bay and mount the shift LED on the windshield wiper spray, or use it in an enviroment other then the cockpit/internal areas, there is a 90 day warranty against manufacturer defects. Transients (such as hooking this unit up to your MSD coils - you're supposed to use the TACH output from the ECU instead) and voltage spikes caused by improper usage are not PART of the warranty. The unit has sufficient protection against the spikes from the ignition, however we recommend that you hook the unit up to your ECU (if available) for a cleaner signal and a better experience.

Enough of this legal mumbo-jumbo jargon. When are the products arriving?
The sample has arrived as you can see. The unit is nice and simple. Mine had a shift range from about 1400rpm to 6000+RPM (it could go more, but i'm running on a stock engine - i'll try it out on my friend's AE101 soon!) Units will arrive end of this month, after i have reached 20 people.

How do you place an order?
There is a list of names circulating in this thread. please add your name to the end, and PM me your name, telephone number, and your order (incl color).

Pictures!

Where to collect, etc..
Well, let's wait for the order to conclude, shall we? :)

Order List
1) ArChAng3L - blue
2) Anion - blue
3) Lord Pheonix - red
4) Aint - white/blue (decide!)
5) dave - red
6) ssr - white/blue
7) leadaxer - blue
8) Khorne - blue/white (decide!)
9) HIDLIGHT - red/blue (decide!)
10) cephol - blue
11) thteh86 - blue
12) azarazario - blue,white (2x)
13) kelisa6009 - red
14) L200s - blue
15) MetalZone - blue

Current Status : 16 units. 8 blue, 3 red, 1 white, 4 undecided.
Bringing in a shift lamp product this month.

as above this product will be priced at about RM100, excluding installation.
3 month warranty, 1-1 exchange.

the manufacturer is OEMing, hence it will be in a simple case with little/no markings.

The product will be in 100RPM increments, available in blue,red,white. Other colors are available on request.

FAQ

What in the world is a shift lamp, and what is it for?
A shift lamp is simply an accessory that can be referred to as a light that switches on when the engine reaches a certain RPM (preset). Main reason? Optimize your petrol efficiency, or make sure you don't drag your lovely 20valve monster into obvilion.

What cars can this shift lamp be used on?
This shift lamp can be used on 3cyl, 4cyl 6cyl.. Will work on 8 and 12cyl vehicles but no provisions for them :D Twin-spark/dual-chamber engine configurations have not been tested. As for rotaries, I wil let you know after I test it out on a savannah or perhaps a nice B20.

What is the shift range?
Depending on how clean the input signal is, you will be able to set the shift point from 1,500RPM all the way up to 7,200RPM. This range may change, increasing or decreasing per application.

What connections are needed to use this unit?
There are three wires to wire - 12v constant, ground, and tach (ECU/Distributor). I would advise you to get a reliable installer for it. I also install it for certain cars.

What colors are the LED available in?
The LEDs are available in Red,White,Dark Blue, Aqua Blue. There is no set number of a certain color in each batch, I order according to demand. SO don't worry, you will get the color you want.

What other features are incorporated/planned?
As far as it goes, an option for external load control is available IE injector switching. also, a brightness control for the LED in case the intensity is too much for you to take :)

What sort of a guarantee is available and how does it apply to this product?
Provided you do not mount the unit in your engine bay and mount the shift LED on the windshield wiper spray, or use it in an enviroment other then the cockpit/internal areas, there is a 90 day warranty against manufacturer defects. Transients (such as hooking this unit up to your MSD coils - you're supposed to use the TACH output from the ECU instead) and voltage spikes caused by improper usage are not PART of the warranty. The unit has sufficient protection against the spikes from the ignition, however we recommend that you hook the unit up to your ECU (if available) for a cleaner signal and a better experience.

Enough of this legal mumbo-jumbo jargon. When are the products arriving?
The sample has arrived as you can see. The unit is nice and simple. Mine had a shift range from about 1400rpm to 6000+RPM (it could go more, but i'm running on a stock engine - i'll try it out on my friend's AE101 soon!) Units will arrive end of this month, after i have reached 20 people.

How do you place an order?
There is a list of names circulating in this thread. please add your name to the end, and PM me your name, telephone number, and your order (incl color).

Pictures!

Where to collect, etc..
Well, let's wait for the order to conclude, shall we? :)

Order List
1) ArChAng3L - blue
2) Anion - blue
3) Lord Pheonix - red
4) Aint - white/blue (decide!)
5) dave - red
6) ssr - white/blue
7) leadaxer - blue
10) cephol - blue
11) thteh86 - blue
13) kelisa6009 - red
14) L200s - blue
15) MetalZone - blue
16)Sky_kids - blue

Current Status : 16 units. 8 blue, 3 red, 1 white, 4 undecided.

aint

aint

Nov 16, 2003
Order List
1) ArChAng3L - blue
2) Anion - blue
3) Lord Pheonix - red
4) Aint - white
5) dave - red
6) ssr - white/blue
7) leadaxer - blue
10) cephol - blue
11) thteh86 - blue
13) kelisa6009 - red
14) L200s - blue
15) MetalZone - blue
16)Sky_kids - blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

After asking a few mechanics' opinion, I have found out the auto gearbox for my Wira a/b 1.6 is going to die soon. All have suggested replacing the gearbox. Now, I have switched gearbox 3 times already, and I'm tired of that. Furthermore, the car revs more than it moves, therefore consuming a lot of petrol.

A friend's mechanic said he can replace my gearbox with a manual one at RM1700. This includes a 4G93 1.8 gearbox, gear console, pedals, flywheel, clutchplate, starter and all other...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience