WTB : Silvia Spec R 6 speed Manual with Aero Kit

silviatub

Jan 7, 2008
Hi slide_it,

Good tips mate...how about the water pump? does it need to be replaced?
if i were to get a better radiator, what you recommend? i saw this website that sells intercooler kits and radiators from in Malaysia...check out the link below :

GreatSuccessTrading

Or will it be better to stick to Japanese aftermarket brands?

Another issue is the thermostat...if not mistaken the standard one is 76.5 C...do i need to upgrade to a nismo unit?

How much for a brand new compressor?

Sorry for so many questions...

slide_it

Known Member
Oct 31, 2007
hahahah u sound too worried la dude... :) for me la i would replace parts if it's gonna konk or sudah konk. afterall its a 2nd hand car. if its working i try not to be so gatal hehe. when i got my car i was mentally and physically prepared for shit to happen.

with regards to parts, basically u get what u pay for. japanese parts are better in the sense that reputable companies manufacture them which means they have invested lots of time and money in r&d ensuring that their products are of good quality. of course that would mean better for ur car but you have to be ready for the price too.

generic items are manufactured by less reputable companies. they may be cheaper but may be more prone to failures. im not sayin generic parts are bad. not all of them are bad. things like piping...silicone hoses, intercooler, that wan no need so branded also can. mechanical parts then i buy branded ones la i.e. internals, brakes, and other things that you feel is important and where the money justifies it.

brand new compressor can hit rm2k i think. 2nd hand one i got for rm800 hehe.

Last edited:

silviatub

Jan 7, 2008
Hi slide_it,

Thanks for the pointers....i totally agree with you...if it ain't broken, don't fix it...i have one too many experiences with these situation and it would have been better if i was just not gatal hehe...

i would not even think of generic parts for braking, internal parts and even suspension,etc...however the intercooler and radiator upgrade sounds promising if it was a direct bolt on to factory mounts/parts...

wow brand new compressor so expensive ah? i have a reliable aircon guy in kl who does all kinds of continental/japanese cars...i changed to a brand new sanden compressor for RM1k...if you want, you can check with ming wah at 03-26918332...if not mistaken, S15 uses Zexel DKV-11G...

silviatub

Jan 7, 2008
slide_it,

How long have you owned a S15? Any mods done to your car?

slide_it

Known Member
Oct 31, 2007
brand new for 1k?? shit...and i paid 800 for 2nd hand grrr....where is this place? i have a feeling my compressor wont tahan much longer. might as well get a new one.

btw i dont drive an s15 :)

silviatub

Jan 7, 2008
slide_it,

Its in the heart of kl town...its at the end of Chow Kit... you must turn left before reaching the Maju Junction traffic lights...if not mistaken, the turn is after the pizza hut...

give ming wah a call and he can guide you there...

just curious, whats you current ride?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The condition of the car wasn't too bad, it has your daily dirt and grime, paint is also heavily waterspotted and lacks depth and clarity. Lots of Random Deep Isolated Scratches (RIDS) as well.

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience