WTA German Soul, Japanese Heart. BMW E46 1JZGTE

cheeft

1,000 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
i'm driving a mercedes W124 with 1JZ engine... so far everything works and i'm really happy with the outcome... using back ori merc mounting but custom made a brace to mount the engine to the mounting... quite straight forward i must say...

wazza

Known Member
Jan 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
so an update.
it's been running well.
bar a few issues , like :

1) good friend snapping the axle splines when he tried to launch...that only confirmed that i had made the correct decision - lotsa torque. LOTSA TORQUE.

2) burning my triniti clutch trying to wheel spin.. my fault. gained new respect for the car.

3) water pump leak, resulting in alternator failure. changed water pump, reconditioned the alternator.

4) starter motor issue - reconditioned.

5) a/c system leaking somewhere - next up when filling gas.

6) cylinder 5 running slightly low compression - to be addressed when changing gasket and cams.

7) intake plenum issue with electronics - changed throttle body.

8) BMW STRUCTURAL PROBLEMS. Subframe mounting needs to be reinforced, need M3 LSD , M3 axles and M3 brakes - otw!

that's pretty much it. 62 liters of 97 gets me...380 ish. spirited driver. Since my E01 got stolen, I haven't installed another boost controller. I used to drive on vacuum with the help of the readout. *sigh*

Attachments

mafia1980

Known Member
Nov 24, 2005
Sorry guys, re-living this post.. i'm in dire need of a conversion and already bought a 2jz gte engine to go into my e46 coupe 2000. I'm in need of a fast but good mechanic who can integrate everything to the stock dash.. and can convert within a month... pls lend me a hand of those someone you know or whom you can trust.. I'm planning a single turbo setup manual 5 speed transmission.. ASAP

mafia1980

Known Member
Nov 24, 2005
he can do convert only or he has done it with e46 bmw? can see example of his work?

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
I think best you do your own research; decide what you really want (ie;Toyota use sequential twin turbo's for a reason)
Is this an 'engine lantai' (condition of engine?) ; does it have complete wire harness and ECU? Do you have a gearbox? What is your budget?

No way it can be done ASAP without any of the above.

mafia1980

Known Member
Nov 24, 2005
i already bought the halfcut.. auto and i already have r154 manual gearbox with wiring.. already bought bmw mounting kit...i did my research.. going to fit single turbo kit.. only want mechs who are experience to fit to stock dash and e46 body.. and already ordered e46 m3 rear assemblies and diff.. i got my budget.. anyway thanks for the info.. 1jztezza.. the reason i'm doing this is to find backup mech since my first mech have 2 more car to settle in his garage..

Last edited:

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
Hows the reliability of 1jz vvti on a e46?
Common issues that needs to be checked and verified?

Saw an e46 1jz vvti auto on sale. Pretty interested on it. Would appreciate some owners feedback! :)

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Most importantly, is it suitable for daily drive/long distance drive? Tqvm

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
the engine & car is reliable, the important part that the engine conversion is done properly, if buying from direct owner will be much
better than from used car lot.

at least the owner could tell u the history of the car & what needs to be changed.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hows the reliability of 1jz vvti on a e46?
Common issues that needs to be checked and verified?

Saw an e46 1jz vvti auto on sale. Pretty interested on it. Would appreciate some owners feedback! :)

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Most importantly, is it suitable for daily drive/long distance drive? Tqvm
Switching from Fiesta? :o

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
Haha fiesta couldnt give me the kick.. thinking of getting a turbo ride..

Btw.. wondering if a 1jz is okay for daily drive? Perhaps long distance n so on? Hmmm... it only runs on ron97 right? Thanks for the feedback!

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Haha fiesta couldnt give me the kick.. thinking of getting a turbo ride..

Btw.. wondering if a 1jz is okay for daily drive? Perhaps long distance n so on? Hmmm... it only runs on ron97 right? Thanks for the feedback!
Eco boost fiesta then......:driver:

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
Ecoboost fiesta only 1.0 coming soon. Same output as current 1.6.
As for the fiesta ST 1.6 Ecoboost, price approx +- 150k.. @@

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Bump bump 1jz users hahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I love sports cars - Audi TT a newbies point of view

I've always had great respect for fast production cars. The minute I see them in my rear mirror - I move aside, if I see one signalling to cut in - I give way. Just so I that I can oogle at its rear and listen to it roar if it ever zooms off into the horizon.

In fact the last...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience