WTA>> Cost for full car wiring

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
Dear All,

im driving as the car on my signature. i shall need to do a full car wiring as my current wirings are all condem. wiring should include custom fuse and relay box as my original has been cut in half and able to connect to my car after-market ECU Microtec ECU. i need a rough cost that i need to fork out to do this replacement. Im afraid of cases like people quote me RM5k for wiring and after car is done they plus more hidden charges that will cost me RM15k.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
The wiring cost can be high. Esp. when good wires are used. Malaysia wireman tend to use cheap (made in china wires that will deteriorate in couple of years) wires. It will deteriorate even faster when exposed to heat. The good wires (from UK) are thin, light but the core is good. Consider using good clips/connectors as well.

As the work is time consuming, not many people want to do it....Malaysia wireman are rather lazy....and tend to sambung here and there rather than re-wiring the car. That is why a car with age of 15 years contains so maggi rojak wiring. Not surprising that the issue can cause short circuit and fire in the car.

Wireman (in ICE shop) that pandai-pandai pull wire here and there, were said to be the culprit in many car fire occurance.

Sad but true case.

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
but are there any raugh cost are we looking at??? 5k / 10k /15k/ 20k???

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Try call Mr Cuscostrutbrace..

Rahmat 012-3598616

he did my car wiring.. so far, so good..

:wink:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Bro, to obtain an accurate quote, its better to visit the shops listed by fellow ZTH. Bring your beloved car and show to the wireman personally, to avoid mis-quoting, just in case.

It's like quoting for car paint job I heard last time. Some quote RM800 for painting SAGA oso can. Some pulak quote RM1500. Why difference? Must be fishy with the paint quality, paint work, etc. So painting done by bangla, so done by sifu, etc. Oso depends on the original paint on the car. Some are really f*cked up, some are still ok...

but are there any raugh cost are we looking at??? 5k / 10k /15k/ 20k???

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
Bro, to obtain an accurate quote, its better to visit the shops listed by fellow ZTH. Bring your beloved car and show to the wireman personally, to avoid mis-quoting, just in case.

It's like quoting for car paint job I heard last time. Some quote RM800 for painting SAGA oso can. Some pulak quote RM1500. Why difference? Must be fishy with the paint quality, paint work, etc. So painting done by bangla, so done by sifu, etc. Oso depends on the original paint on the car. Some are really f*cked up, some are still ok...
the only problem is that the car is not drivable.... it need to be towed... and it would be a problem for me to tow to each shop to ask for quotations.... my idea is actually get a rough figure of how much is full car wiring is about... for example anyone who have done it before.. how much they charge him/her... and i know that price will definitely be different but atleast i can have a price range of what im expecting. cos no point to tow the car to the shop and they quote me 30k for wiring which is the same price of the car itself.. would not it be better for me to get another car with the same model? as for GT Auto i heard that its too pricey as they charged almost RM20k for wiring some car (cant remember). but no doubt they are good but for me its pointless to spend 20k on a 30k car..

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
if u wanna save on towing, u just register with AAM, rm70 per year if not mistaken....
then u could tow unlimited times.

for yr full wiring, try asking Xtremeleo if he could help u.

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
ok will PM him.. tnx

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I don't think they will repair car wiring. My friend had problem once, send to SC they change the whole wire harness.
For you, if you can get half cut wire harness then get wire man to replace....

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
I don't think they will repair car wiring. My friend had problem once, send to SC they change the whole wire harness.
For you, if you can get half cut wire harness then get wire man to replace....
agree...oem wiring the best
n i dun think it'll cost 10...15...20k

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys, I'm currently looking for a trustworthy workshop which provides good workmanship.

Preferably in Sunway area.

And I'm also looking for a workshop to install my intake manifold.

So far I've asked a few shops but they don't provide it.

Anyone knows where can I get it fix?

I bought my intake manifold from a friend only need to get the installation done.

Please do help me out.

Thank you!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience