WRC coming to Malaysia 2008??

ruhaz

Known Member
May 1, 2004
saw the news yesterday on TV3
during the lunch of Felda Malaysian Rallly 2006

Our Deputy PM said M'sia trying to lobby WRC to ralying in M'sia
and also they target in 2 years to comply with FIA or whatever organisation rules...

hope it will be here....:regular_smile:

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
yeah!!!! ...hope wrc will come to malaysia... :P but race in oil palm estate? very dangerous ahhh....

|| jim ||

Known Member
Dec 2, 2005
not as dangerous as the cliff faces of monte carlo which is on ice...

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
but that one more chi kek ma.... more kan chiong... :)

Ralliace

Jan 3, 2006
Don't get your hopes too high fellows!

It was just something wise the DPM needed to say because of the presence of the media there. Otherwise, the media would have been asking what was his interest being there at the launch! Each time a member of the cabinet gets his name in the papers, there are "bonus points" for him/her to show how they really care! To me, this was just lip service.

This talk of WRC in Malaysia (during the launch of Malaysian Rally 2003, the same speach was read by then the Sports Minister) has been going on for a long time but nobody has put any effort in making this a reality!

Malaysia boleh?

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
hey, i hate politicians as much as you do.... but, looking in totality, i don't think its that far fetched. F1, Moto GP, Super GT, D1 and other international events are all reality now. Even dumb ass politicians know all this equates to big money coming into the country. So, stay positive....

Last edited:

|| jim ||

Known Member
Dec 2, 2005
minivan.. ure right about all those race series.. they did manage it by building a world class track.. rallying is not that easy.. first of all there is no vacancies in the wrc.. wrc doesnt need any more rallies.. secondly.. there r about 20 countries, with world class events, all of them have been deserving a wrc round for many years.. so yes, if they put their minds to it, they can probably manage it.. but doing it in 2 years is an impossiblity... and i doubt they are even gonna try

Ralliace

Jan 3, 2006
To add to Jim's statement.... FIA (Rallying Division) wouldn't be interested cause our rallying stages are similar to those in Hokkaido, Japan.... narrow with loads of right/left angle bends. WRC Japan is considered a slow rally already and I doubt that FIA would want another slow rally let alone it being again in Asia!

If FIA would consider to have another Asian country hosting the WRC, my guess that countries like China and in the Middle East region are far more superior with proper organizing skills with proper facilities to support rallying.

I used to be as enthusiastic as Minivan, but over the years have lost that passion cause all I've heard is big talk and but no action!

JiMaN[KilleR]

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Ralliace said:
Don't get your hopes too high fellows!

It was just something wise the DPM needed to say because of the presence of the media there. Otherwise, the media would have been asking what was his interest being there at the launch! Each time a member of the cabinet gets his name in the papers, there are "bonus points" for him/her to show how they really care! To me, this was just lip service.

This talk of WRC in Malaysia (during the launch of Malaysian Rally 2003, the same speach was read by then the Sports Minister) has been going on for a long time but nobody has put any effort in making this a reality!

Malaysia boleh?
second to this.. but.. indonesia host the WRC in late 90s.. the last time malaysia hosts the wrc was in the late 80s n early 90s.. until PERT's "groupe S" proton iswara were banned..it was said that the iswara was a "group B rally car".. hahahha

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
yeah i'm optimistic... but at the same time i'm not gonna frown if it does'nt make it here... i mean all in all, as a nation i think we're still pretty lucky to have a numerous number of motoring events for motoring enthusiast like all of us here... of course, i'd welcome more, but all in all its pretty good here... another reason i would'nt frown is i'm not that a die hard fan of WRC... i just love it when its on tarmac...:_:

In conclusion... "hooray" if if comes here and "oh well" if it does'nt

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All,

anybody know where to get 1" pre-cut MDF board for subwoofer in PENANG? I have been searching everywhere. want to make my own sub. could only find 3/4" one in hardware store.

not cut also can.

thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience