Working in a luxury car company

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
Hi All,
So finally i am working in a company with a blue and white chip logo which most of the people in the world know about this snobbish company.
After 'working' here for 3 months, i felt like this working environment stress me out a little bit..well not really a little bit, but a lot of stress.
Working here is actually never that stressful IF everyone:
- Never do a last minute job, tomorrow customer want to take the car,then why process the document 24 hours before. You can always do it earlier and the leave the final step just a day before the customer coming to collect.
- Never pass their job to someone else or admin officers, Admin officers have their other jobs to do. and the document processing is actually the Sales job. Why pass around, there is one Sales Advisor whom i truly respect as she always do her own document matters and not passing to others.
-Always have a proper filing system, the filing system there is worst than my bed room. Everything is haywire and messy, when it comes to taking out a file for a customer from 3 months ago, it'll take ages to find. Not to mention dusty too.
- Have a bit sense of responsibility and the attitude of not wanting to burden anyone else.

From what i learned, what you see from the outline or the front line of this company is so beautiful, but behind the scene, it's just a team without any cooperation between each other and sales does not like the admin group and the admin does not like the sales group and everyone hates the marketing and finance group. This sort of haters thing i found is actually passed down from one generation to another.

For my part, i'm just doing my 'macai' job for the time being. Eventhough i hate it, but i have to do it.
I am writting this because i don't know if this is the right job for me or not.
I love cars, i really do..But my scroll is written, Bachelor in International Business.. I can design graphics very well but its the thing i hate to do the most. So how am i suppose to conclude this?
I love cars, but working in a terrible environment, i hate designing but it is my current forte, but my qualification is written Bachelor in International Business.
Did i just screw up my life because i did not find out what i was good at in the first place?

Honestly, i am more of a curious person, i love finding out what ITB can do for your car, what Twin Air Intake will do for your car, how we can harness the wind for dynamic intake purpose, will a twin exhaust pipe be efficient, will a cold air intake box made out of steel and covered in a layer of heat insulation be beneficial and lotsa question regarding improving car performance. i love to find out and test each and every one of it..

So what am i suppose to be? I hope dear sifu & veterans who already have experience in the working life share their part and also what is your opinion.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Look for a new job elsewhere and when you get it, move on. No point working in a place that you're not happy at or have zero career prospects.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
bro Izso, is right. But my advice to the TS is to hang on there longer....becoz 3month time working at the office is still too short to judge a company and their staffs.....before making a decision.

Hope you could fit in there...in time.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I suggest you to move along no matter how big the company is. Unless the pay and position are good for you, maybe you will reconsider.
U have a Bachelor degree and experience with your car, sure you can find a job that u like easily.
I'm in the midst of looking around too.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
You are a dealer for so many things, why you working for luxury car company? You troll ka? knnccb.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
3 mnth only ma...
Suck it up and hang in there a bit longer.
i hated my last job but i did work for 3 1/2 yrs.

just work there until u find another job.
keep the money flowing...know what i mean?

omce u have enough money or got to do whatever it is u want to do then leave for good.

Or,may i suggest u find something u like to do during your pastime.this activity must not be done with a friend from the office..

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Welcome to the corporate world. The bigger the company the more the politics. Department against department, bad mouthing, back stabbing etc. Not to frighten you but this is the fact.
Okay here is my view. If you don't like and cannot stand working in the company leave as early as possible. If can tahan then gain whatever experience you can get from there. To add this company to your resume, at least work a year there, if not no point....hahhaha

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
You are a dealer for so many things, why you working for luxury car company? You troll ka? knnccb.
Dealer as a part timer is always fine when i only sell as per people order..
it doesn't require me to the extend of concentrating full time as automotive parts have a small turnover.
I can still work and have a fixed income at the same time the business as a supplement.
Working here i do gain a lot of experience but at the same time this politika thing is killing me..
I only started working and i just realize bad mouthing another person is not just a habit. It has become a culture. And to be honest, i felt like i want to just work as a mechanic or an automotive welder and machining.

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

I suggest you to move along no matter how big the company is. Unless the pay and position are good for you, maybe you will reconsider.
U have a Bachelor degree and experience with your car, sure you can find a job that u like easily.
I'm in the midst of looking around too.
Come change place with me le..send me ur resume can already..hahahaha

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Look for a new job elsewhere and when you get it, move on. No point working in a place that you're not happy at or have zero career prospects.
The best place to start off is? A big company with super famous name or a small company that nobody knows?

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Welcome to the corporate world. The bigger the company the more the politics. Department against department, bad mouthing, back stabbing etc. Not to frighten you but this is the fact.
Okay here is my view. If you don't like and cannot stand working in the company leave as early as possible. If can tahan then gain whatever experience you can get from there. To add this company to your resume, at least work a year there, if not no point....hahhaha
I rather find the corporate world here very lavish in term of their lifestyle (except for the admin department). Thought of leaving already la vr..but maybe going to tahan a few more months and complete the contract then...FUHHH, i'm off to the moon.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
it doesn't require me to the extend of concentrating full time as automotive parts have a small turnover.
I can still work and have a fixed income at the same time the business as a supplement.
Working here i do gain a lot of experience but at the same time this politika thing is killing me..
I only started working and i just realize bad mouthing another person is not just a habit. It has become a culture. And to be honest, i felt like i want to just work as a mechanic or an automotive welder and machining.

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

The best place to start off is? A big company with super famous name or a small company that nobody knows?

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

I rather find the corporate world here very lavish in term of their lifestyle (except for the admin department). Thought of leaving already la vr..but maybe going to tahan a few more months and complete the contract then...FUHHH, i'm off to the moon.
Here are some of my experiences.

Bad mouth a colleague tent to be an in thing for people trying to climb up faster. Here it depends on the immediate boss. If he/she are those that like to listen to gossip, then good chance for the person who bad mouth others. However if the immediate boss is no that kind then you are in trouble.
In my ex company, I used to have an admin manager who bad mouth others. Two previous Jap MD likes to listen to her, so things were pretty good for her. Then a new MD came in. In the mean time staffs were coming and leaving and for a medium size company don't look good. New MD look into things from both side, did some research, look into some history and you know what? Within 3 months the admin manager resigned.....:listen:

Well, hard to say whether a big company is better or a small one. Both have pros and cons.
If you are starting out and want to learn more things, I suggest joining a small company. However when I say learn, means doing a lot. Small company have less staff so job scope is bigger and have to do more things. This is when you learn by doing more. But people who just want a pay check at the end of the month then join big company batter. Big company with more staffs you will be assigned to a particular job and day in, day out, do same thing. End of the month you get your pay check but no knowledge gain.
Oh! if you have a contract best is to finish it....:driver:

Last edited:

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
Here are some of my experiences.

Bad mouth a colleague tent to be an in thing for people trying to climb up faster. Here it depends on the immediate boss. If he/she are those that like to listen to gossip, then good chance for the person who bad mouth others. However if the immediate boss is no that kind then you are in trouble.
In my ex company, I used to an admin manager who bad mouth others. Two previous Jap MD likes to listen to her, so things were pretty good for her. Then a new MD came in. In the mean time staffs were coming and leaving and for a medium size company don't look good. New MD look into things from both side, did some research, look into some history and you know what? Within 3 months the admin manager resigned.....:listen:

Well, hard to say whether a big company is better or a small one. Both have pros and cons.
If you are starting out and want to learn more things, I suggest joining a small company. However when I say learn, means doing a lot. Small company have less staff so job scope is bigger and have to do more things. This is when you learn by doing more. But people who just want a pay check at the end of the month then join big company batter. Big company with more staffs you will be assigned to a particular job and day in, day out, do same thing. End of the month you get your pay check but no knowledge gain.
Oh! if you have a contract best is to finish it....:driver:
Your story is kinda interesting.. I wanna know more about the new MD.. what did he research about and what were his findings?
I rather start out small to gain as much experience as i could.. this company is a major huge leap for me as the MD is willing to sign my appraisal form as soon as i wanna quit.
And another thing i wanna know..as admin manager, what did you do or what exactly are you suppose to do?
and can anyone share what was their first job after graduating?

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

What are you offering there? Since you say send to you somemore, you must be quite high up.
I am trying to go to Auto Connexion, wants a Marketing position. Interested?

For me, I like a small company. Bosses are close to work with me.
I personally think it has more perks than disadvantages. But then the place I am at now, the shop, has no management. Smoke indoor, air cond down, leaks when rain...
In a small company, I can input more knowledge and gain more experience.
So if you succeed in bringing a small company up, your resume will look even more impressive.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Ryuuken,
this is the corporate world, like vr2turbo mentioned earlier.
do not get too involve in office politics, don't bad mouth anyone, just do your work, improve on your skills day by day,
use your knowledge on what u hv learnt during your uni days & try to implement it on your daily work.

hang in there bro.....

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
agree with bro Danz.. just mind your own job in d company and don't get involved in those office politics. Just gain experiences as much as you can. I remember when i was working as a fresh grad 6 years ago. It was a family business where MD is the father, oldest son is GM and another 2 younger son oso working as coordinator. Politic, back stabbing, gossip, you name it.. Everything can be found there.. male staff trying to kipas & jack the son while the lady staff trying hard to tackle the son. lolz! Teach me a lot of how actual working life is..

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Your story is kinda interesting.. I wanna know more about the new MD.. what did he research about and what were his findings?
I rather start out small to gain as much experience as i could.. this company is a major huge leap for me as the MD is willing to sign my appraisal form as soon as i wanna quit.
And another thing i wanna know..as admin manager, what did you do or what exactly are you suppose to do?
and can anyone share what was their first job after graduating?
That was the second last MD I worked with. He kind of have many ideas. Many did not like his style as most think he poking into their dept. business, but then he is MD mah! and needs to know what and how the company is running. To me I kind of like his style, so that less back stabbing since he does not listen one sided.
Admin manager work depends from company to company. See what the company admin profile. My company was small so it includes HR management, so it was pretty bad for HR to bad mouth people. But she got her day too.......hhahhahaha

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

agree with bro Danz.. just mind your own job in d company and don't get involved in those office politics. Just gain experiences as much as you can. I remember when i was working as a fresh grad 6 years ago. It was a family business where MD is the father, oldest son is GM and another 2 younger son oso working as coordinator. Politic, back stabbing, gossip, you name it.. Everything can be found there.. male staff trying to kipas & jack the son while the lady staff trying hard to tackle the son. lolz! Teach me a lot of how actual working life is..
Fuh! that is even worse, family business where son, Daughter, aunty, uncle etc. all working there..:banghead::banghead:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
To me start small. Then you'll appreciate the big. Kinda in the same scenario now for me. Started in small companies now working for worlds 2nd largest company.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I thought it would be good if we can have a thread to share experience in using suspension. Many suspension including OEM nowadays do not last. And for some of us, we love to just compare many different ones and get the best one. But that is an expensive hobby! So let us share here. Details to share are:

Car:
Brand and model: (suspension brand and model)
Durability: (no of years it served you before soften or scrapped)
Roads used on: (smooth, bumpy, gravel etc)

*Optional
Comfort...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience