• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Lots of ppl say that buying a 2nd hand car from a woman is better than a man. Becoz woman are gentler and don't abuse their car.

Even advert in newspaper has it "...Car in good condition. Lady owner..." as a plus-point buying from a woman car owner.

Is it really true?

TrailBlazer69

Oct 22, 2015
Kota Kinabalu
well in my opinion, it could be a double edge sword if you ask me..reasons are that women drivers may be gentler on driving their ride but at the same time too gentle in observing problems unlike guys who are mostly into cars takes very specific and serious observations towards their ride. for example service time and etc. Besides that, the advert may just stated it was owned by a lady driver but in fact its vice versa. Most people do this just to add up points in advertising hahah

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, depends on the lady owner too. I got ex colleagues who just pump petrol and drive only......hhahahhaha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
No way in hell.

I'd rather buy from a car enthusiast who has thrashed the car around the track and all that. At least you'd know the car can take the punishment and not breakdown.

Women (very generally speaking) don't look after their cars. Sure they are gentle and all that (none of the women drivers I've seen on the road are gentle. In fact they are usually more aggressive than me) but a gentle driven car would not have been run in properly and then the carbon buildup and all.

No thank you.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
for me, women are generally gentler than guys.....But they are more blur sotong by nature, when it comes to maintaining their car. Unless they have hubby or BF to take care of the car on their behalf.....

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
woman's car prone to be in better condition because during service time, things not faulty/broken also get changed by workshop :biggrin:

but on the other side could be the replacement part were cheap imitation part that not last longer than original part

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
for me, women are generally gentler than guys.....But they are more blur sotong by nature, when it comes to maintaining their car. Unless they have hubby or BF to take care of the car on their behalf.....
Most of my lady ex colleagues actually drive quite aggressive. Aggressive in the sense, from stop they take off pretty fast, but after attain certain speed they are very slow.....hhahahhahaha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

woman's car prone to be in better condition because during service time, things not faulty/broken also get changed by workshop :biggrin:

but on the other side could be the replacement part were cheap imitation part that not last longer than original part
Mechanic curi original give imitation.....lol:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
There is no doubt girls drive more gentler than guys (to some extent) but let's compare my current Sylphy to other G11 Sylphys that are driven by enthusiasts.

Because I bought my car 2nd hand and the owner is a gentle (family man mah), tortoise driver who sends his car to Tan Cheong all the time, I thought I'd be getting a good car. Bullshit. Car wasn't run in properly so I've never managed to achieve more than 450km total mileage for almost 50L of fuel. Other G11's I know owned by heavy footed enthusiasts that mod their car can touch 600km.

Then there was the shitty brake pads on the stock calipers that made me believe the brakes were shitty. I finally tested another G11 Sylphy with Ferodo Zero brake pads with stock calipers and it was like heaven on earth braking. My god-knows-what-shit-brakepads made the car brake slower and it was much harder to modulate the pedal. Stupid brake calipers and all were smaller than my Wiras one hence my wasting money to swap my calipers to something bigger.

Then there was the re-circulation aircon button, it was never pressed so the vents never opened. I never knew that. So when I pressed it to test it the damn thing opened and jammed open due to the dust and whatever collected there over 5 years. To access the damn vents my entire dash had to come off and that entire fiasco costed me a days worth of time and shit loads of money.

Then there was the original leather seats, god knows what the previous owners kids did in the car, some stains were impossible to remove.

Don't get me started on the god-knows-what-brand-green-Tein-lookalike absorbers that were shit on the road and died 6 months in my ownership after it was supposedly changed a year before I bought the car.

All of these dilemmas could have easily been avoided if the car was owned by an enthusiast.

1. An enthusiast would have revved the crap out of the new car therefore loosening and setting those tightass piston rings therefore giving the car more power and better FC. No carbon or little carbon buildup too.

2. An enthusiast would never have shitty brakes. Whether it's brake pads or calipers, enthusiasts don't use crappy shit.

3. An enthusiast would test everything in his car and use it often (to some extent). Servicing would be done regardless of whether it's broken or not. So in my case I might have gotten a good air con ventilation unit.

4. An enthusiast wouldn't use some unknown crappy suspension brand. At the very least Monroes or Kayabas. Not Jinyu-whatever-the-crap-brand absorbers.

5. Enthusiasts look after their cars more than they look after their rooms. The leather in my car would have been in better condition and might even still be supple if it were owned by an enthusiast.

6. Sure enthusiast cars probably would have been thrashed on track or speeding down highways at top speed, but that would mean the car can take the abuse so your city-puttering and occasional spirited driving would be no problem for the car.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Well, since now you own it, you can thrash it and run it in.....:driver:

Since you are an enthusiast, things now will shape up for this car, and next owner going to love you for it......hhahahhahahhahahaha :rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Well, since now you own it, you can thrash it and run it in.....:driver:

Since you are an enthusiast, things now will shape up for this car, and next owner going to love you for it......hhahahhahahhahahaha :rofl:
:thefinger:

I can't thrash it. The car is too fragile. Sigh.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I agree with the things mentioned above, female owned cars are not necessarily a good thing, it actually often worse! I'd rather buy cars from car guys who know their cars inside out and love their cars despite them driving hard, rather than some lady owners who know nothing about cars and love their bags more than the cars!

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
There should be a type of car that is marketed specially for women.
No need to top up any kind of fluid. Zero maintenance required. Just like maintenance free battery.
Can ah?

Just get in and drive.....As long as there is a place to put their handbag, will do.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
There should be a type of car that is marketed specially for women.
No need to top up any kind of fluid. Zero maintenance required. Just like maintenance free battery.
Can ah?

Just get in and drive.....As long as there is a place to put their handbag, will do.
If such kind of car exists, those spare part shop fellows are not going to be happy about it. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,

I am helping a friend to recover his car. He traded his Satria Neo Lite for a Saga FLX using a used car dealer and things went bad from there. Apparently the dealer along with both car has been missing after my friend has signed the bank loan agreement for the new car. The best part is, Proton centre has not received his old Satria yet. Things has been going on for quite some time now. All police reports, e-mails to Proton HQ, lawyers & phone calls has been made but still no...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience