Wobbly cornering

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Well tires are the only 4 contact points you have with the ground, 5 year old tires sounds pretty crap especially if they are cheap eco tires. Even my 'Performance' cheap Nankang NS2R i was using last time, was great when new, but became a POS when I hit the 40% mark eventhough it was barely a year old. I would suggest changing tires as well for your next maintenance budget. Michelin PS3 all rounder good dry grip, awesome wet grip and quiet too.
Yes, im planning to replace the tires soon. Wait for budget. Currently using cheapest Michelin tyres, Energy XM2. I dont think have PS3 for 14" rim right?

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Yes, im planning to replace the tires soon. Wait for budget. Currently using cheapest Michelin tyres, Energy XM2. I dont think have PS3 for 14" rim right?
Xm2 actually also have decent grip. If budget does not permit, Xm2 should do as well, but if I were you and if PS3 are available, just top up slightly to get dem PS3's. I think your Xm2 probably too old already thus the rubber had hardened. They say many people who crashed in luxury sport cars were due to old rubber, since their car rarely gets any mileage, their tires even 10 years old still have threads like new and the owners didn't bother replacing. There is also a theory that Paul Walker crashed due to old tires as the tires fitted on that car was like 8 years old if not mistaken and it was a mild corner that the car should be able to take with no issues.

http://www.thedrive.com/opinion/5189/the-truth-behind-what-caused-paul-walkers-fatal-crash

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Xm2 actually also have decent grip. If budget does not permit, Xm2 should do as well, but if I were you and if PS3 are available, just top up slightly to get dem PS3's. I think your Xm2 probably too old already thus the rubber had hardened. They say many people who crashed in luxury sport cars were due to old rubber, since their car rarely gets any mileage, their tires even 10 years old still have threads like new and the owners didn't bother replacing. There is also a theory that Paul Walker crashed due to old tires as the tires fitted on that car was like 8 years old if not mistaken and it was a mild corner that the car should be able to take with no issues.

http://www.thedrive.com/opinion/5189/the-truth-behind-what-caused-paul-walkers-fatal-crash
I look into the website, smallest rim for PS3 is 15", mine is 14". Maybe need to look for another brand with similar performance

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Ayoooo... haha better upgrade car lorrr...

Seriously, for 14" rim, what tyres you recommend if PS3 is not an option?
Couple of years ago i went to a tyre shop in PD to replace 1 pc of tires due to emergency.
A semi slick tires caught my eyes and whats more interesting is that the size is for 14 inch rim.Dont recall the brand but from indonesia.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I look into the website, smallest rim for PS3 is 15", mine is 14". Maybe need to look for another brand with similar performance
Yup, no more performance tyres in 14" category. Last time Yokohama C-Drive 2 still have and not bad, even this already discon.... Also Yokohama AD-07 extreme tyres also have but also discon when AD-08 came out.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yup, no more performance tyres in 14" category. Last time Yokohama C-Drive 2 still have and not bad, even this already discon.... Also Yokohama AD-07 extreme tyres also have but also discon when AD-08 came out.
I think Izso once mentioned before about BF-Goodrich 14 inch tyres got good grip. I'm eyeing that for my next tyre change.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
strongly agrees.. you want to do well in cornering yet you still using such small size tyres?
add enhance anti roll bar, for front and rear.
I dont know much about cars and related stuffs, but big tyres really better in cornering than small tyres? or, maybe there is some explanations.. sorry, im not car expert hehe

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
@jebatdex
go for ps3 .... price different from xm2 is not much. Note in your future plan.
my wira on ps3.
OK noted, before PS3, need to get a set of rim first la.. that also headache, dont know which one to choose

blue car + silver rim (like now) = nice
blue car + black rim = nice too
blue car + white rim = nice tooo

so end up, stay with current rim hahahah

last time if i remember correctly, XM2 i purchased RM190/piece (5 years back). how bout the price of XM2 and PS3 now? if you say not much different, is it something like RM190 and RM250 maybe?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I dont know much about cars and related stuffs, but big tyres really better in cornering than small tyres? or, maybe there is some explanations.. sorry, im not car expert hehe
Is because when you go for bigger rims, say 14" to 15", you need to lower the aspect ratio (tyre sidewall) so that the overall diameter stays as close to your original size.
In 14" I am sure you are either using 175/65R14 or 185/60R14, so when going to 15" you need 195/50R15 or 195/55R15.
Why in 15" it handles better?
1. Tyres are wider, from 175 or 185 to 195mm.
2. Sidewall lower, less flex, means less body roll.
3. you have choice of performance tyres, so traction better.

Reactions: sweelt

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just as i was about to think that the problem has finally gone away and my Baby will be in Tip-Top conditions again....Then it happened again!...Not the same problem as before.,..but another part...What frustrates me was...these problems had to come after one another and why not come together so that the matters can be resolved in 1 repair!...It just had to come right after the previous one was fixed...But these are the nature of our vehicle...They are a "wear & tear" parts/components...so...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience