Wobbly cornering

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Lately, i have wobbly or 'membuang' cornering on my satria. Before this, it think it is a lot better. What is possibly the cause? Must be wear and tear things right, since it is not there before. Absorber, absorber mounting, lower arm? Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
Ayeee finally a satria owner..
Did you check your tyre thread? Also check your lower arm..Possible cause.
What model satria yours bro??

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Lately, i have wobbly or 'membuang' cornering on my satria. Before this, it think it is a lot better. What is possibly the cause? Must be wear and tear things right, since it is not there before. Absorber, absorber mounting, lower arm? Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks
Absorber mount, tie rod, lower arm.
all could be the cause.

Bad allignment can contribute to that too.
Absorber mount can easily be check,remove the small rubber cover and see the bearing condition.most of the time it wont produce sound.i've seen badly worn top mount, the car is all over the place even on straight.it led to warped disc rotor.

Lower arm and tie rod will produce tok2 sound when going through uneven road.can feel at steering wheel.

Reactions: Izso

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Probably bola became titanium d.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Ayeee finally a satria owner..
Did you check your tyre thread? Also check your lower arm..Possible cause.
What model satria yours bro??
I didnt check the tyre thread yet, but my tyre quite old already, 2013.. Thread still ok, since seldomly use the car. Looking forward to replace it soon.

My satria is 1996 model bro.. 1.6 sohc.. Still ori condition in and out haha its hard today to find a satria that model still with original rim. If you spotted one in JB, blue colour, maybe thats me haha how about your ride bro?

Reactions: Ranjanmax

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Absorber mount, tie rod, lower arm.
all could be the cause.

Bad allignment can contribute to that too.
Absorber mount can easily be check,remove the small rubber cover and see the bearing condition.most of the time it wont produce sound.i've seen badly worn top mount, the car is all over the place even on straight.it led to warped disc rotor.

Lower arm and tie rod will produce tok2 sound when going through uneven road.can feel at steering wheel.
Absorber mounting just got replaced less than a year ago. Maybe lower arm or or tie rod (i dont know which one is tie rod, but i know lower arm). Maybe lower arm, coz last time when i changed the absorber mounting, when the mechanic jack my car, the front tyre sort of u can shake it, it moves little bit, he said lower arm need to replace soon.

How bout rear lower arm? Same case, or need to check first to know? Usually i see car with yellow/colorful aluminium underneath (view from the back), thats rear lower arm right?

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Absorber mounting just got replaced less than a year ago. Maybe lower arm or or tie rod (i dont know which one is tie rod, but i know lower arm). Maybe lower arm, coz last time when i changed the absorber mounting, when the mechanic jack my car, the front tyre sort of u can shake it, it moves little bit, he said lower arm need to replace soon.

How bout rear lower arm? Same case, or need to check first to know?Usually i see car with yellow/colorful aluminium underneath (view from the back), thats rear lower arm right?
tie rod the joint from the steering rack. if that one is loose, you'll feel the car can't go straight at speed and need to adjust steering to make it move straight. lower arm bush if problem, you'll feel your steering move to the left or right when you accelerate and when u upshift the steering will snap to center. ball joint symptoms is almost similar to tie rod, you'll feel the tyres move erratically on uneven roads.

all the above parts if rosak you can hear loud noises from your leg area when you drive through speed bumps or uneven roads. for the rear usually the tulang anjing or camber/toe arms bush will give away on plotongs cars. you'll hear krekk krekk sound from the back.

best way is to inspect to jack up your car. see if there's any cracks on the bushes etc..

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I didnt check the tyre thread yet, but my tyre quite old already, 2013.. Thread still ok, since seldomly use the car. Looking forward to replace it soon.

My satria is 1996 model bro.. 1.6 sohc.. Still ori condition in and out haha its hard today to find a satria that model still with original rim. If you spotted one in JB, blue colour, maybe thats me haha how about your ride bro?
5 years old tyre, maybe compound harden no more grip.....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Original rim? Last time I felt that kinda wobble it was because of the sidewall flexing. Scary as f*ck

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

How bout rear lower arm? Same case, or need to check first to know? Usually i see car with yellow/colorful aluminium underneath (view from the back), thats rear lower arm right?
no harm in checking the mounting too.nowadays parts quality is questionable.

If its the lower arm then make sure when it is replaced the arm bolt/nut to be tighten when the arm is at the correct position. I read somewher its supposed to be tighten when the car is at rest position...and...pls replace in 1 pair.

Rear arm oso can be check using the same way but most of the time the tulang anjing or sate will go first.

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017

Owh its a 1.6? good to know,mine is 1.3,also so far stock only bro,have some plans but waiting for money to come in and finish my studies then start the project..If you happen to drive to Penang and see a white satria with honda city rims and red bucket seats, then its me hahahhahaha

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
no harm in checking the mounting too.nowadays parts quality is questionable.

If its the lower arm then make sure when it is replaced the arm bolt/nut to be tighten when the arm is at the correct position. I read somewher its supposed to be tighten when the car is at rest position...and...pls replace in 1 pair.

Rear arm oso can be check using the same way but most of the time the tulang anjing or sate will go first.
ok thanks for the advice. sent my car to workshop yesterday, he will update me what to change today.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ive been putting a lot of thought into starting a business , handphones especially. everyone owns a handphone and everyone i know change them ever so frequently . My question is , If you were to start your own handphone shop , where would you start and how would you go about it ? ( i really dont know btw , hehehe )

Your thoughts and opinion would really help , Cheers !
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience