Wira SE Brake System Related Mod

hoxy

Known Member
Oct 8, 2007
Okay, I have been thinking for a while and I think I do need to improve my braking system. So my car is Wira SE 1.5GLi 4G15 manual PCD 100, rim standard 16".

I want to upgrade to full disc. Original is PCD 100.

1) VR4 -> PCD 114.3 (Double layer servo)
2) GSR -> PCD 114.3
3) Mivec -> PCD 100 (Plug n play for wira... Thnx Bro Skywalker)
4) Wira 1.6 -> PCD 100 (Plug n play for wira... Thnx Bro Skywalker)
5) Others?

So I am interested in VR4 since it is double layer servo. I plan to do the mod after I change to rims suitable for 15" PCD 114.3. I know it is kind of too much for standard engine like me, but I want the braking power. Futhermore I will probably (10%) do an engine conversion in 10 years times, so maybe will be usefull.

For item No. (1), I need:
1) Servo & Masterpump
2) Front disc with knuckle, caliper, and brake pad
3) Rear disc with knuckle, caliper, brake pad, and handbrake cable
4) Dot 4 brake oil
5) Additional item, (braided steel brake hose) - not urgent
6) Others?

So my question is:
1) Is it plug n play for my wise?
2) If not, please give the details for mod front and rear. I will give to mechanic to do it because I read in forum that rear disc installation from drum brake better leave to experience mechanic to do it. But I do want to know the details.

Someone says tht

"Item : C62 - Mirage Rear Disk
Condition : Halfcut - PCD 114.3 tak seperti Disk VR4 kene kluar modal untuk Mod Tapak."

"Tapak disk tu la yang akan pegang Disk ko dan diikat kat knuckle".

Question is:
- Can someone point to me to in a picture that I've uploaded below which part is the "tapak" part? And which part is the knuckle? Sorry, noob here, hehe.
- What mod for VR4 is this person talking about? The details?
- Why Mirage Rear Disc dont need modal to mod "tapak"?

Here I upload picture of my front brake disc for reference:

Image Disc 1:

Image Disc 2:

Image Disc 3:

Here I upload picture of my rear drum brake for reference:

Rear Drum Brake 1:

Rear Drum Brake 2:

Well, I uploaded the picture for you guys easier to comment and pin point things. Thnx in advance. Will update. Latest update will be in BOLD. Thnx

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
double layer servo is the the brake servo... nothing to do with ur brake disc... u can still upgrade twin layer brake servo while maintaining ur standard caliper n disc...

mivec and wira 1.6 discs are plug n play for wira... vr4 n gsr i not too sure...

c62 mirage rear disc brake is not suitable for wira... its more of a plug n play item for saga iswara...

- Can someone point to me to in a picture that I've uploaded below which part is the "tapak" part? And which part is the knuckle? Sorry, noob here, hehe. (the wheel hub for ur rear drum brake)
- What mod for VR4 is this person talking about? The details? (this mod is for saga iswara which wants to use vr4 rear disc brake)
- Why Mirage Rear Disc dont need modal to mod "tapak"? (because it is plug and play for saga iswara)

my question to u... did u tell the seller u are driving wira se and not saga iswara??....

hoxy

Known Member
Oct 8, 2007
Yeah I know the person is talking about saga iswara mod and I know saga iswara is PCD114.3. Saga iswara is PCD 114.3 and VR4, and GSR is also PCD 114.3. But why does it still need to have mod even though it is PCD 114.3. So it must going to be something related to the "tapak", knuckle, suspension system, etc2... I dont know la. So I came of thinking if Saga Iswara PCD 114.3 also have such a hassle, PCD 100 car like me sure have a lot of things to do. I used to think that if buy complete knuckle and disc brake can fit, but it seems I'm wrong. Okay?

I dont asked or tell the seller tht I'm using wise. I just read the thread and think about it myself. :-) Start a thread and ask.

Last edited:

hoxy

Known Member
Oct 8, 2007
- Can someone point to me to in a picture that I've uploaded below which part is the "tapak" part? And which part is the knuckle? Sorry, noob here, hehe. (the wheel hub for ur rear drum brake)
- What mod for VR4 is this person talking about? The details? (this mod is for saga iswara which wants to use vr4 rear disc brake)
- Why Mirage Rear Disc dont need modal to mod "tapak"? (because it is plug and play for saga iswara)

I totally understand tht this mod is for saga iswara and this mode is plug n play for mirage disc and need mod for vr4. Upon understanding tht, so I asked what is the mod for vr4 tht need to be done? why? why mirage no need to mode. what is the difference? I want to know the details... I asked this is for my learning...

mivec and wira 1.6 discs are plug n play for wira... vr4 n gsr i not too sure...
The point of me asking this is maybe this question is related to the modification of vr4 brake system in my car. As you already stated... "for vr4, not sure".

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
I totally understand tht this mod is for saga iswara and this mode is plug n play for mirage disc and need mod for vr4. Upon understanding tht, so I asked what is the mod for vr4 tht need to be done? why? why mirage no need to mode. what is the difference? I want to know the details... I asked this is for my learning...

The point of me asking this is maybe this question is related to the modification of vr4 brake system in my car. As you already stated... "for vr4, not sure".
a simple answer will be, vr4 rear disc brake is not plug and play into saga iswara... PCD same doesnt mean plug n play... there are many other brackets, adaptors and so on...

what i understand is... u need to machine the hub to a small piece with the studs there... then, fit in the hub first n then the vr4 disc and calipers... thats why to use vr4 rear disc, u need to machine the hub smaller so it can be the tapak for the disc to sit on... there are few enthusiast doesnt fancy this way because the stud will be much shorter after fitting in the disc over it...

if not mistaken there is other method of modding the vr4 rear disc to fit saga iswara... i'm not particularly sure as i havent done mine yet... i jz now some basic theory...

Yeah I know the person is talking about saga iswara mod and I know saga iswara is PCD114.3. Saga iswara is PCD 114.3 and VR4, and GSR is also PCD 114.3. But why does it still need to have mod even though it is PCD 114.3. So it must going to be something related to the "tapak", knuckle, suspension system, etc2... I dont know la. So I came of thinking if Saga Iswara PCD 114.3 also have such a hassle, PCD 100 car like me sure have a lot of things to do. I used to think that if buy complete knuckle and disc brake can fit, but it seems I'm wrong. Okay?

I dont asked or tell the seller tht I'm using wise. I just read the thread and think about it myself. :-) Start a thread and ask.
as i said earlier, similar PCD doesnt mean plug n play... u have ur point there, its related to tapak, knuckle, suspension system etc...
buying the complete knuckle and disc brake from other car to fit ur car isnt a good way as well... as the whole system corelates with the chassis and so on... its not a universal fitting job...

of coz there are different methods of modding for saga iswara and wira... afterall, saga iswara and wira has different suspension system for the rear...

if u wanna search more info about saga iswara rear disc brake conversion, visit here...
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/proton-perodua/3022-saga-iswara-rear-brake-disc-solution.html

hoxy

Known Member
Oct 8, 2007
what i understand is... u need to machine the hub to a small piece with the studs there... then, fit in the hub first n then the vr4 disc and calipers... thats why to use vr4 rear disc, u need to machine the hub smaller so it can be the tapak for the disc to sit on... there are few enthusiast doesnt fancy this way because the stud will be much shorter after fitting in the disc over it...
Thnx for the detail reply... I think i dont like it if the stud is much shorter after fitting the disc over it... ugly.

if not mistaken there is other method of modding the vr4 rear disc to fit saga iswara... i'm not particularly sure as i havent done mine yet... i jz now some basic theory...
Basic theory or not... it is a new knowledge for me, thnx. If anyone know the other method of modding the vr4 rear disc to fit saga iswara... let me know ok? better if included method to fit wira se also. :-)

as i said earlier, similar PCD doesnt mean plug n play... u have ur point there, its related to tapak, knuckle, suspension system etc...
buying the complete knuckle and disc brake from other car to fit ur car isnt a good way as well... as the whole system corelates with the chassis and so on... its not a universal fitting job...
OMG... this make me think whether I need to get the rear mirage disc brake or not... But question is... Bro Skywalker already mention it is not suitable for wira... care to elaborate? Is it plug n play for wira rim PCD 114.3? Is there any side effect cause using double layer VR4 servo & master pump for rear mirage disc brake and front VR4 disc? Too much pressure?

of coz there are different methods of modding for saga iswara and wira... afterall, saga iswara and wira has different suspension system for the rear...
Can anyone clear this thing up? For wira mod? Especially for wise since I drive one, hehe. Thnx

if u wanna search more info about saga iswara rear disc brake conversion, visit here...
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/proton-perodua/3022-saga-iswara-rear-brake-disc-solution.html
Yeah... I've read a bit before starting this thread... will study more. The thread seems so advance for my level. Futhermore I'm in doubt wheter the same discussion will apply to my car. Hence, I started this thread.

Last edited:

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
rear one can just use wira 1.6...easier

use better brake pad + brake oil...brake effect should be veli good oledi...unless urs is turbo charged engine, then only hv to upgrade. otherwise, it oledi serves ur purpose lo

hoxy

Known Member
Oct 8, 2007
rear one can just use wira 1.6...easier

use better brake pad + brake oil...brake effect should be veli good oledi...unless urs is turbo charged engine, then only hv to upgrade. otherwise, it oledi serves ur purpose lo
i know using better brake pad, brake effect should be better... i already use RS performance brake pade, compare to the stock one sure good. I want more, I want rear disc brake that is for better performance. So we already know wira 1.6 is plug and play, is it okay if put VR4 double layer servo? Becomes better right?

Lets say for the sake of discussion, if I get a turbocharged(fast la, and I already mentioned tht I maybe want to do engine conversion)... how can I mod my car for VR4 or GSR rear disc brake dear huakenny-san? Besides, even without turbocharged engine, I want to have a powerful brake. I dont need a too powerful one (4 pot, 6 pot)... Believe me, person like me need a car with better handling, good tyre, good brake system, light weight rim, and good tyre. Enough said.

Last edited:

cyborg8071

Known Member
Sep 7, 2004
bro...

get urself a complete mivec front and rear diskbrake system
with handbrake cable..pcd100

for the brake servo...use evo1/2/3...its double layer..

total budget to get ready..rm1200..incl.workmanship.

brakepad...must check if taking frm halfcut in case u need to change to a new one..

p.s: pls check if u're getting the complete set..bring along a friend or mechanic..to help u..thru the selection process

gd luck

:wavey::itsme:

hoxy

Known Member
Oct 8, 2007
ahh... I've tried to search through zth forum but still cant find. I've seen the image... so far there are two types tht I know related to either VR4 or evo3 masterpump... the 0.9 inch and 1 inch type. I think the 0.9 inch one is marked as 14/15 on the masterpump. I dont know the details but that is what I know. I've tried to find the picture, but unlucky and damn tired. sorry

hoxy

Known Member
Oct 8, 2007
buy the whole halfcut together with the brake system front + rear

or evo brake system...
is evo1~3(all same) rear disc is plug and play for wira? for saga iswara is plug n play... thnx bro huakenny. Im now thinking of getting VR4 brake servo, VR4 front disc, for rear... either evo1~3(same), or GSR(is it same as evo1~3?). For GSR rear disc brake, is it plug n play? since it is brake system for 1.8l related engine, I think GSR is good also for PCD114.3. Question is is it plug n play? GSR twin port?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My housemate myvi WPF 4965, original state, was stolen at subang jaya housing area just now during a house break in. Whoever spotted this car kindly inform me at 016-2020173 (JD).
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience