Wira/Satria under car parts

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Dear all

I am planning to replace all suspension/tyre related parts (except for spring & absorber), which have bushing, such as lower arm, lower link etc. The problem is, I dont have the knowledge of complete list of what parts that has bushing to estimate the price. Can someone share his knowledge what I can replace. Front and rear should be different right?

1) Lower link/tulang anjing
2) Lower arm
3) others?

Thanks in advance.

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
ARB link, control arm, steering rack (not sure if that counts)
IIRC the satay bush is the same for front and rear. But only limited to parts that use the satay bush. Do you intend to keep it silicone or go PU?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Dear all

I am planning to replace all suspension/tyre related parts (except for spring & absorber), which have bushing, such as lower arm, lower link etc. The problem is, I dont have the knowledge of complete list of what parts that has bushing to estimate the price. Can someone share his knowledge what I can replace. Front and rear should be different right?

1) Lower link/tulang anjing
2) Lower arm
3) others?

Thanks in advance.
Why changing all? They are still working fine, right? Myself, old school, so change only if something wrong.....:driver:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
if really wanna change all undercarriage parts (exclude steering parts)

Front

- 2 set lower arm bushes and ball joint (they do sell bush and ball joint only but mostly now shop sell whole set together with lower arm)
- 2X front stabilizer link
- 2X front anti roll bar bush or a.k.a coffin bush
- 2 set front absorber top mount with rubber
- 2 set front tie rod end,rack end and boots

Rear

- 2 set rear lower arm bush, 1 set consist of 2
- 2 set rear upper control arm with bush
- 2 set rear toe arm with bush
- 2 set rear trailing arm bush (less likely to have problem but should check if wan do one go)
- rear antiroll bar bush a.k.a coffin bush and stabilizer link (mostly only wira 1.5 SE, satria 1.6 and above got ori rear antiroll bar, but do check yours who knows it is there)
- 2 set rear absorber mounting with rubber

all the thing stated above if all replaced... you should have a silent comfort ride already :nurse:

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

and need check engine mounting also:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Aiya, go to Batu Caves area and look for the shop that's the official distributor for Superpro and tell them you want to replace everything and ask for a discount. It'll take about 2 days since some of the bushes need to be machined out.

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Aiya, go to Batu Caves area and look for the shop that's the official distributor for Superpro and tell them you want to replace everything and ask for a discount. It'll take about 2 days since some of the bushes need to be machined out.
I'm not entirely sure if OP wants a tank. But that sounds like a good idea. Did you go all Superpro?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I'm not entirely sure if OP wants a tank. But that sounds like a good idea. Did you go all Superpro?
That was the very last thing i wanted to do but didn't do yet because I sold the car. I already had some of the bushes and happen to sort of know the distributor boss himself. He gave me a pretty good deal and I was already planning a date. One of the reasons why I delayed the engine mounting replacement.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
So you mean, they just replace all the bushes without changing the parts itself? Can you share the exact shop location/address?

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Just a quick question.

Will replacing all the OE bush with PU bush such as SuperPro, increase the NVH? Coz i read, some say yes and some say NVH stays same. So maybe those sifu with experience can share their feedback.

synail

Known Member
May 13, 2004
Visit site
Some of the bush need to be press fitted...like the trailing arm n the motor mounts if u don't plan to replace the whole unit

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Just a quick question.

Will replacing all the OE bush with PU bush such as SuperPro, increase the NVH? Coz i read, some say yes and some say NVH stays same. So maybe those sifu with experience can share their feedback.
Definitely harsher than stock. You also get more feedback though.

That was the very last thing i wanted to do but didn't do yet because I sold the car. I already had some of the bushes and happen to sort of know the distributor boss himself. He gave me a pretty good deal and I was already planning a date. One of the reasons why I delayed the engine mounting replacement.
Oh damn. If you didn't sell I'd be hearing on how stiff everything feels.

You just kena poisoned, I am sure you have this on your mind now.......hahhahhahaha:biggrin:
I had that on my mind. But it's gone. :driver:

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Some of the bush need to be press fitted...like the trailing arm n the motor mounts if u don't plan to replace the whole unit
So I guess this is cheaper (replacing the bushes only rather than the whole unit)? If someone can share the shop address, appreciate it. I think I will go for stock bush.