Wira faulty oil pump

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ive done the isolation process before. I got try to find where does the noise come from and I felt like it was from the top of the engine, from the top of the head. It feels like from the rotation of the camshafts (Im no pro in engine parts, whatever I said might not make sense). U want me to record the noise? Will it be helpful? Thank you.
Try recording and share here.

Hard to say, my ex colleague bought a second hand old car, straight go service put in FS, next thing you know about a week later, oil leak started......lol

Even my old Hyundai Sonata III, running SS 10w-40, last service got one more FS 5w-40, thought of finishing it, poured it in, now smoking when idling......lol:rofl:
When your seals are shit and you want to switch to FS.. sure la.

Owh okay. So you would recommend to use diesel eo? Your engine use hydraulic lifters which means it auto adjusts? So, you're using diff type of eo so that you could eliminate the noise right? . Mine is a 4g15 where I could adjust the tappet to eliminate the sound if the tappet is the main issue kan? :wavey:
Personally I'd stick with the 5W30 or 5W40 range of oils. But I don't know the condition of your engine I wouldn't recommend anything you're not already using.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Hard to say, my ex colleague bought a second hand old car, straight go service put in FS, next thing you know about a week later, oil leak started......lol

Even my old Hyundai Sonata III, running SS 10w-40, last service got one more FS 5w-40, thought of finishing it, poured it in, now smoking when idling......lol:rofl:
Haha probably cleaning out all the gunk inside. Rings kong d ah?

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Owh okay. So you would recommend to use diesel eo? Your engine use hydraulic lifters which means it auto adjusts? So, you're using diff type of eo so that you could eliminate the noise right? . Mine is a 4g15 where I could adjust the tappet to eliminate the sound if the tappet is the main issue kan? :wavey:
Diesel EO gets rid of dirt super well, but the additives aren't really ngam for petrol engines. You can use this for 1 oil change just to get crap out of your engine then use a good oil to mask the tappet noise.

Shell FS is pretty shit at masking noise though. Y2188 has experience with it:rofl:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not just any diesel engine oil, those rated for both petrol and diesel cars, mean S and C rated. Those rated C strictly for diesel car don't use....lol

Diesel EO gets rid of dirt super well, but the additives aren't really ngam for petrol engines. You can use this for 1 oil change just to get crap out of your engine then use a good oil to mask the tappet noise.

Shell FS is pretty shit at masking noise though. Y2188 has experience with it:rofl:
Those Diesel EO rated for both Petrol and Diesel, not those strictly for diesel cars......lol

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
whoa.. your lifters damn loose. like there's no oil there.. during cold start, open the oil cap and see if there's any oil moving in there.
Yup, very bad. Mine only click clack a while, and once oil is up no more....:driver:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
apparently is heard the same on wira se 4g15 quite a lot.....

just reopen and check valve clearance....

STR

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Penang
whoa.. your lifters damn loose. like there's no oil there.. during cold start, open the oil cap and see if there's any oil moving in there.
Owh, okay. I got you some pictures, you might wanna have a look at that. The first pic is before I start the car, as a reference. The second pic is after I start the car, maybe around 3-4 mins after I crank. Im not sure if the pictures are helpful, but who knows, maybe you could find something from it. Thank you. :driver:

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I am looking for this stuff, it's mainly used for turbocharger blankets on large gas compressors ( pushing well over 2000 HPs ), and my Net pals over at US have successfully used this item to repack their mufflers, both cars and bikes. Reportedly to be extremely durable ( the guy who used 'em on his R1 have yet to replace his muffler packing for over 2 years now! ) and long - lasting. I am sourcing this stuff for my pal ( who have replaced his Gilera Nexus 500's muffler packing THRICE in 6...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience