wira auto gearbox problem

octopus

Mar 17, 2009
good day to all, i'm currently driving a '04 wira se auto and currently having problem with my gearbox.

my problem is this, every morning whenever i start my engine and drive, my gearbox will not shift into 2nd gear, even if i lifted my foot off the gas pedal, it will still remain in 1st gear. not until after i travelled about 2-3 km, then only it will shift into 2nd and 3rd gear. this problem not only occurred in the morning, sometime when i parked my car and leave it for about an hour before i drive again, same problem will repeat over again.

another thing is that at the traffic light junction, when the lights turned green, i step on the gas pedal, the engine will rev for like 2-3 seconds before the gear will engage and move (i did not engaged in "N" when the traffic light was red).

anyone know what's the problem with my gearbox~? or anyone encountered the same problem like i did~?

thanks~!

Sonic Thunder

Known Member
Jun 23, 2008
i'm hazarding a guess it might b ur torque converter bro...or ur synchro...
jst my opinion..
its always better to have it checked by a trained pro!
gluck!

BLANk

1,500 RPM
Dec 28, 2007
Sardine
www.zerotohundred.com
did u change the ATF follow the service schedule?every 40k km or early depends on the ATF condition?

it seems like the valve body(either got blocked) and solenoid switch problem for me...:smokin:

yyap2

1,000 RPM
Mar 16, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
bro!!!! 04 model??? then congrat... ur gearbox will die... i have the problem b4... when u go uphill on 1 and 2.... got jerk anot???

tat time i have jerking goin uphill and traffic got delay 2-3 sec only move... i send back to proton lucky under warranty they overhaul the gearbox for me and all thinngs go well .... and i can rev very hard.... feel lik diff .. but recent i convert to manual already... cos i know the garbox will die soon if not maintain....

octopus

Mar 17, 2009
sonic, not sure what's the problem but definitely will get it check by a pro, hehe...

blank, i've changed the ATF twice previously within this 1 1/2 years as my car only clocked 97k km... scheduled routine service is coming soon within a week or two, but not sure my gearbox can tahan or not, as my own schedule is really tight, can't find a time for it... i'm a bad owner :(

yyap2, when you mentioned going up hill on 1 and 2, got any jerk or not, do you mean by when going up hill, the car tend to jerk during changing gear from 1 to 2 is it? well, i think there's a slight jerk when changing gear, but a bigger one can be felt when from 2 to 3, no matter on flat road or going up hill.

may i know what's the cost of overhauling the gearbox, and the convertion from auto to manual? just to compare to see which is more feasible. thanks :)

joev8796

Known Member
Oct 23, 2008
may i know what's the cost of overhauling the gearbox, and the convertion from auto to manual? just to compare to see which is more feasible. thanks :)
mine got no prob at al, mine is 1.5 2001 model. but i converted it 2 manual coz wanna hav better response, FC n power. if u dun mind, mine has been traded in during da conversion. it is in gud cond. i can let u contact da seller

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

need u guys help urgently, i just bought a control panel and something look like a relay or resistance.its from lancer. only this two item, i heard can just plug n play to existing satria dashboard. if can install, which button cannot be use from the control panel? how much is the cost to install it? recommend me a mechanic pls. my phone num 013-3973088.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience