Wira absorber

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The spring seat is the part of the absorber the spring sits on when it's assembled together. On the GTI, the front springs are quite tall so the lower spring seat isn't an issue. If you use the Wira SE one it'll drop the front of the car quite a lot. Just fyi, I scraped every bump I ever came across because of this setup.
If you mean the seat is set lower, doesn't it loosen the spring compression? (more space in between top mount and lower seat) Long ago, most cut springs which is a no no, so I tried lower the spring seat so I can lower the car without cutting the springs. Boy, was I wrong. The spring tension became weak. In a flat straights is nice, car lowered handle pretty well, but come to windy and uneven road (uneven here means the road wavy up and down). Doing higher speed when road is down the car follow and due to weaker compression it compress and go further down until max then when road is up, the car is thrown upwards, the springs opens. Due to the weaken compression the springs cannot help the absorbers damp the ups and downs and so it was riding a horse. After one week I re-seat back to original place......hhahhahahhaha:biggrin:

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
finally after 6 years of abuse....

my satria hwl adjustable front right side leaking....all other 3 still working good...

-due to nature of my place where got roundabout and massive potholes on all route of my area...this is considered really good...almost like ori OEM quality worrr....

-only changed 2 front oem top mount (absorber mounting) since installed new 6 years ago

(my scooby only 1 year already all 4 pillowball topmount kong and 1 absorber leaking badly as comparison...this one is full set tein)
MALAYSIA BOLEH!!! :biggrin:

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
If you mean the seat is set lower, doesn't it loosen the spring compression? (more space in between top mount and lower seat) Long ago, most cut springs which is a no no, so I tried lower the spring seat so I can lower the car without cutting the springs. Boy, was I wrong. The spring tension became weak. In a flat straights is nice, car lowered handle pretty well, but come to windy and uneven road (uneven here means the road wavy up and down). Doing higher speed when road is down the car follow and due to weaker compression it compress and go further down until max then when road is up, the car is thrown upwards, the springs opens. Due to the weaken compression the springs cannot help the absorbers damp the ups and downs and so it was riding a horse. After one week I re-seat back to original place......hhahhahahhaha:biggrin:
Does it feel like a boat? :biggrin: hahahah anyway you bring it to engineering shop to mod the spring seats?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
stock absorber stock spring seat height + stock springs. Nothing wrong with the setup. Just wishy washy.

You go and play short springs with normal absorbers then sommore lower the spring height even more using lower spring cup/seat - sure la

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Does it feel like a boat? :biggrin: hahahah anyway you bring it to engineering shop to mod the spring seats?
Flat straights ok woh! Uneven up and down then mati loh.......hhahahhahaha

My mechanic right hand did for me. Grind out and re-weld.... :biggrin:

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Flat straights ok woh! Uneven up and down then mati loh.......hhahahhahaha

My mechanic right hand did for me. Grind out and re-weld.... :biggrin:
i used to have "potong" springs at the rear of my car....i kinda get what you meant hahahah :rofl:
Wow your mechanic have welding machine in the workshop, niceee :biggrin:

STR

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Penang
The spring seat is the part of the absorber the spring sits on when it's assembled together. On the GTI, the front springs are quite tall so the lower spring seat isn't an issue. If you use the Wira SE one it'll drop the front of the car quite a lot. Just fyi, I scraped every bump I ever came across because of this setup.

And the rear height is the same for all Wiras so front low back high = tonggek and it's fugly, handles like shit and quite a nuisance.

Sounds like your batch was one of the 2nd last. The final batch didn't come with anything except muffler and 16" rims. Keep those front springs! Precious commodity bro! :biggrin:

Sure, will keep it....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i used to have "potong" springs at the rear of my car....i kinda get what you meant hahahah :rofl:
Wow your mechanic have welding machine in the workshop, niceee :biggrin:
Mechanic situated in Light Industrial area. Last time I switch suspension the bottom nut got free space, so go over to engineering shop, did two sets washer to tighten it up.....:biggrin:

STR

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Penang
I mean keep it if you're looking to lower your car the OEM way. Or sell it for good money for the same reason

Its an old spring..around 7 years..can still be used?or is it something like springs rarely get faulty?

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Mechanic situated in Light Industrial area. Last time I switch suspension the bottom nut got free space, so go over to engineering shop, did two sets washer to tighten it up.....:biggrin:
Ahh i see, where is your mechanic shop located? was it expensive to fabricate the washers?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ahh i see, where is your mechanic shop located? was it expensive to fabricate the washers?
Remember was RM60 for 4 pieces. Slightly bigger then 50sen coin, about an inch thick, best of all is awkward shaped so I think worth the money....:driver:

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Remember was RM60 for 4 pieces. Slightly bigger then 50sen coin, about an inch thick, best of all is awkward shaped so I think worth the money....:driver:
Thats about the price, yeah awkward shaped things definitely worth it ...nowadays more expensive for some simple thing...last year when im converting to manual, fabricate one cone to support the firewall and clutch cable adjusting screw that part also cost me 100+:banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Bro,i juz get a set of auto flip side mirror for my cefy a32 but i dunno how to connect the wiring for auto flip..any bro can teach me?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience