Wira absorber

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Habiz TS. After poison poison.......surely eat maggi after modding suspension. hahahah

Car modding never enuf and never finish. But money always limited....

STR

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Penang
No need confuse la.

Adjustable suspension has 2 types. Hi/lo and Hi/lo/soft/hard. Generally these days both types of suspension have body shift. The H/L/S/H type I keep talking about is usually 3k and above brand new. HWL might be cheaper. Ohlins for example will cost 13k brand new. AR Racing/BC Racing about 3.3k. HWL I've seen them sell at 2.8K.

Performance absorbers (just absorbers no springs) are like APM Performax, Koni FSD, Bilsteins etc. The price varies.

Custom suspension like those made by PRS, Ftuned, RDS, they take your original suspension and modify it with their own secret recipe to give you the performance you request for. I can only quote you PRS prices because I went to them and it's RM150 per absorber for initial modification. Afterwards it'll be RM100 a piece since the infrastructure would already be there. I don't know how much Ftuned and RDS charge. PRS has their own version of coilovers too, last i saw it was 2.6k for a Honda Jazz.

So no need confuse la.

Personally if I were in your shoes and having owned a Wira A/B SE, I would go with Wira SE suspension (I'm actually not sure if Monroe makes absorbers for the SE, if they give you the 1.6/1.8 one it might be overly low in the front since the spring cup is lower compared to Wira SE absorbers) and with super stiff antiroll bars. In all the suspension mods I did, the antiroll bars were the ones that helped me the most. Then the side bars, room bar and front tower strut bar. Rear tower strut ok la, not really necessary and fender bars not so much feel. Avoid the rear upper bar at all costs - will make the car super over-steery. You won't like that.

Yeah. Jom TT then we can poison you some more. :biggrin:
ok...hmmmm....i dont think i can get the h/l/s/h kind of coilovers since the price tag is kinda high..i can get the custom made suspension made by the ftuned, rds, or prs...but the problem is the location of the shop..i found ftuned and prs are very far away..but i couldnt find the location of rds..where is it actually??ill get the monroe's if rds is far too..n what if monroe doesnt make abs for wira SE??just get the 1.6/1.8 which is overly low at the front??whats TT?? :driver:

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Habiz TS. After poison poison.......surely eat maggi after modding suspension. hahahah

Car modding never enuf and never finish. But money always limited....
Yeah, sure will end up eating maggi... :biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
+1

You need to figure out how much bumpiness you can tolerate
Since bro. Parakey is back in, can test his car too :driver:.....lol:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

Yeah, sure will end up eating maggi... :biggrin:
That is why mod within your means........hhahahhahah:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
ok...hmmmm....i dont think i can get the h/l/s/h kind of coilovers since the price tag is kinda high..i can get the custom made suspension made by the ftuned, rds, or prs...but the problem is the location of the shop..i found ftuned and prs are very far away..but i couldnt find the location of rds..where is it actually??ill get the monroe's if rds is far too..n what if monroe doesnt make abs for wira SE??just get the 1.6/1.8 which is overly low at the front??whats TT??
I just realised you're in Penang. RDS which used to be RCS is in KL somewhere. I don't know.

Btw dude, before you buy the Monroe I suggest you talk to the spare parts shop about Wira SE absorbers and springs. Ask to see if they have it or not, otherwise just use back your springs and stick with the Monroes. Then load up on the antiroll bars.

Talking about fender bars, should I? :biggrin:
In your case sifu, most definitely yes!

STR

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Penang
Just realised bro STR is faraway on the island. Kinda hard for him to attend TT (teh tarik) session
Where do u guys always meet? :hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Never know, if die hard can still attend. I did attend a Penang tt once a few years back :driver:
How to get the info about TT??the date, place??

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

I just realised you're in Penang. RDS which used to be RCS is in KL somewhere. I don't know.

Btw dude, before you buy the Monroe I suggest you talk to the spare parts shop about Wira SE absorbers and springs. Ask to see if they have it or not, otherwise just use back your springs and stick with the Monroes. Then load up on the antiroll bars.

In your case sifu, most definitely yes!
Sure bro..i will go survey around about it..

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Where do u guys always meet? :hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

How to get the info about TT??the date, place??
For me, I look around for any tt date that I can join. Will be announced here and there in the forum. Other then that, after we have made friends during the meet, we form our own group tt also.
I join all sorts of groups. Toyota, VRC, Rexton and join friends in other makes too, including auto detailing also, that is how meet and make many friends....:biggrin:
Meet is also all over. So far in Cheras, Sri Petaling, Old Klang Road, A&W PJ, Awan Besar, Kinrara R&R etc....many places....:driver:

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

A thing i wouldn't be so proud of, all are sausages. :fight:
Cars, normally sausgaes loh!
Like Bro. Ken here I join his Toyota SEG tt......:biggrin:

STR

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Penang
For me, I look around for any tt date that I can join. Will be announced here and there in the forum. Other then that, after we have made friends during the meet, we form our own group tt also.
I join all sorts of groups. Toyota, VRC, Rexton and join friends in other makes too, including auto detailing also, that is how meet and make many friends....:biggrin:
Meet is also all over. So far in Cheras, Sri Petaling, Old Klang Road, A&W PJ, Awan Besar, Kinrara R&R etc....many places....:driver:

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Will keep an eye on the forums about TT bro... :burnout:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Castrol, the proud sponsor of the UEFA EURO 2012 tournament just concluded their first phase of their "Castrol Ada Kick" contest where thousand of participants have been filtered down to a final 20 in order to do battle in the next phase, just to stand a chance to win an all-expense paid dream trip to watch the UEFA EURO 2012 live in Poland in June 2012!

<!--more-->Designed...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience