1. Bump posts missing? We are spring cleaning the Forums so these posts are being removed to optimize the database further. Don't be concerned, you can continue to do whatever you do. Will be developing the site further as well through the coming weeks so do watch out for those! You can close this notice now
    Dismiss Notice

Will Izso buy a good car???

Discussion in 'Car Talk' started by LimauKanker, Dec 24, 2018.

1. parakey

parakey Senior Member

Oh gosh. The X has caught up in the poll.

Izso = = > :banghead:

2. Izso

Izso Boooooossst
    Helmet Clan Moderator

sigh...

*bangs head against the wall a few times

3. 6UE5t

6UE5t Senior Member

Naah I don't play with pickups coz they can't keep up in the corners.

4. lsm1991

lsm1991 Senior Member

sticks plasters on injured head.

[​IMG]

oh my god its an X, its a sign!!!

5. parakey

parakey Senior Member

That's rubbing it in subtly

6. parakey

parakey Senior Member

Perhaps you should give us additional choices to pick from.

7. ixeo

ixeo Senior Member

Just saw a Mark X GS yesterday
    Omg pure sex. Makes a Lexus look boring. Whoever says it’s a Camry must be stupid.

8. Izso

Izso Boooooossst
    Helmet Clan Moderator

I haven't come across any Mark X within budget and that doesn't need any fixing up. There was one 28k one that needed electronics work (window, seat and boot) but otherwise it was ok overall. Seats needed reupholstering too.

I maxed out the number of votes. Gonna remove the Altezza manual that I can't afford soon but need to find a car to replace it with

9. Izso

Izso Boooooossst
    Helmet Clan Moderator

done

10. gunnerzz

gunnerzz 5 Year | Silver

Myself also done...updating my vote.

As we grow older, we need bigger engine with autobox.

11. ^pomen_GTR^

^pomen_GTR^ Senior Member

actually me...thinking of downgrading the engine instead.... and more gears on manual...(5mt to 6mt) :biggrin: :driver:

dont mind driving autobox or cvt...but need to see the whole car/powertrain/drivetrain combination first.... :biggrin:

gunnerzz likes this.
  12. lsm1991

lsm1991 Senior Member

so theres a manual Z edition tezza for a decent price? condition?
    its probably more fun but it isnt gona be as family friendly as the mark x.... so down to your priorities

13. vr2turbo

vr2turbo 5 Year | Silver
    Helmet Clan Moderator

Yalor, stuck between family or daily. Suit this, don't suit that. For me family make it wife's car, daily my own car......lol

^pomen_GTR^ and sanekit like this.
  14. sanekit

sanekit Well-Known Member

i dont know if his home minister gonna approve the list or not. ahahahaha

15. ixeo

ixeo Senior Member

BMW 525i E39 2.5L M54 inline six engine baby. Big enough for the family. Handles very well. Looks legendary. Or just buy a fucking Toyota.

Those voting for syphilis is fucking with him hahahaha

16. leinnz

leinnz Senior Member

Advice from youtube on car purchase

Izso likes this.
  17. LimauKanker

LimauKanker Active Member

i have updated my vote

18. parakey

parakey Senior Member

Volvo S80- This item on it's own wont get much votes. Perhaps state the reason why it's in the list

^pomen_GTR^ likes this.
  19. Izso

Izso Boooooossst
    Helmet Clan Moderator

Ok since there seems to be people who are interested in what I'm gonna buy, here's a breakdown of everything so far :

I sold my E36 1JZ and now I have a budget of plus-minus 30k
    1. Camry old gen - This car choice is pretty obvious. Boring, reliable and unbreakable. But so far all the units I've seen so far are in horrible shape inside and quite frankly anything that old (2000 car) and still worth that much (cheapest so far I've come across is 36k) is a bit too much. Toyota resale value in M'sia is absurd.

2. Mark X 1st Gen - The 'upgraded Camry'. RWD and relatively spacious. Not a bad consideration but so far the good units are all above 38k and one 28k unit needed a lot of work on the electronics which I didn't really fancy. Still looking out for a cheap and cheerful unit but considering how expensive maintenance is for this car it's not really high on my list.

3. Altezza 3sge Beams AT 98% Mint Condition - seller is adamant on his 32k asking price, I'm hesitant because of the fact that it's an auto. I know I can change to manual cheaply etc etc but I don't want to go through that hassle and it'll be a while before I can fork out 5-6k to swap out the manual and all. I've already rejected this guys offer (recently) as he was not flexible with his asking price. Initially he started off 32k nego and then finally he refuses to budge. Kinda obvious he's trying to milk the fact that I liked the condition of his car.

4. Altezza 3sge Beams MT 98% mint that he cant afford - most mint RS200 manual I've come across so far inside and out. Mechanically very sound and very nice to drive. But 46k asking price means I will need a while before considering it. Or Toto. Or Magnum. Haven't rejected this offer but realistically can't afford it.

5. Volvo S80 - At 10k asking price, mechanically sound (receipts to prove change of everything recently) and T5 2.0 engine. Very spacious very magic carpet-ish and with that asking price, I could splurge 5k to do up the interior, 3k on suspension, 3k on wheels and tyres, and still have cash to spend on a nice family vacation. But the car's a doozy to drive and I can pretty much forget about touge and fun drives. Maintenance and parts will be a bit on the higher side but nothing i can't manage.

6. Nissan Sylphy - screw you @LimauKanker :thefinger:

7. Take lrt and bus 11 - seriously?

8. BMW E39 - Looks good. But so far I've yet to find one that I like. First one I saw was a 2.8L and was mechanically sound but the electric seats were shot and power windows were failing. The second one I saw was a 2.5L and it wouldn't kick down even when I floored it. Didn't like the cars. Going to see a few more but I honestly don't think I'll see one in good shape. What is with BMWs and not aging well?

9. Toyota Corolla 4AGE 6-speed manual mint condition - This car recently came to my attention. AE92 and is in absolutely mint condition with Australian interior and a show-car worthy stock 4AGE blacktop engine with the rare 6-speed manual. Realistically it's worth maybe 10k at most but considering how mint the car is the owner won't go that low and in fact he's hesitating on whether he wants to sell or not. Also I don't know if I could truly settle with a AE92 anyway. Probably will be a hoot to drive though.. 6-speed manual blacktop.

10. Altezza 3SGE Beams manual Z edition (the one I CAN afford) - This car is probably the one I'll get. 32k (nego) and in Penang. It's currently waiting on a buyer getting approval for his personal loan but if that doesn't go through then it's mine. Pretty mint looking car and at that price it's within my price bracket. I haven't seen the car yet but when the buyer drops out, I'll view the car before settling.

And that's all I can say. I've seen a few cars already and so far nothing speaks to me loudly and clearly except for one E60.. dammit I never should have test driven that car. It's good but way over budget.

20. ^pomen_GTR^

^pomen_GTR^ Senior Member

i voted s80 2.5 t5

dat 5cyl sound... on its own league