Will Izso buy a good car???

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
interesting topic... what is the outcome? What car Izso bought?
Still searching for the "right one".

Take my advice and there's no issue with petrol.
I did some research on the E90 generation diesel cars. Parts are super rare in terms of halfcut locally and they aren't cheap new. The petrol variant has a lot more cheaper options. But the good FC and torque is a huge plus for me. I'm still waiting for your friend to respond though.

We are still waiting, popcorn a few bags already... Hahaha
Maybe I already bought a car and I've just been quietly driving it around without announcing. Hehe.

Anyway I wanna make a video about this whole fiasco. And to teach people not to repeat my mistakes.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
did Izso consider Subara bug-eye.... but then again... drink petrol
I actually did consider this. But took a lot of convincing to look past the huge bills and constant maintenance needs. So whilst I love the way it drives, sounds and looks, I do not like how expensive maintaining it is. And its inherent flaws, but I'll probably never drive it hard enough to reveal those flaws anyway.

He is an Evo fan, not Subby.
Actually - not really. I'm not an Evo fanboy. I'm not a boxer fanboy either. I like turbo but without the heft and weight. At the same time I like the NA screaming of VTEC in the K-series engines. I like all cars in general. As long as it makes me feel nice it's a good car.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Iszo,
My employer have a 320d i think its 2014 model.

This car can be driven Melaka-KL-Melaka
at least twice on full tank if the driver is really going for it. If legal speed is the menu then 3 times it is.

The torque is what u expect from a modern diesel turbo,loads of it at low to mid rev. What i dont like about it is the engine sounds like an old pickup truck from the outside. From inside u can still hear the diesel clatter even when u are not trying hard. Its much more obvious compared to newer gen pickup truck.

One thing i dont understand is that the car comes with the start-stop thing...come on...its a diesel...want to be really kedekut is it?

What has gone wrong?
So far i can confirm that the clockspring inside the steering wheel failed early this year.

U cant go wrong in term of fc and torque if u r going for modern diesel.
If driving dynamic is no longer top of your list then there a lot of choices in the diesel suv and pickups, some are workhorse while some blur the lines between cars in term of refinement and equipment.

Reactions: Izso

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Actually - not really. I'm not an Evo fanboy. I'm not a boxer fanboy either. I like turbo but without the heft and weight. At the same time I like the NA screaming of VTEC in the K-series engines. I like all cars in general. As long as it makes me feel nice it's a good car.
I thought I remember once you said you're not really into Subby coz it's more like a hammer instead of the Evo which is more like a surgeon's scalpel. Or maybe I should say you like Evo more than Subby, no? If given the same price for both, which one do you choose? Evo 3 vs GC8, Evo 5/6 vs V7, Evo 7/8 vs V8, Evo 9 vs V9? For me, the only Subby I have a soft spot for is the ultra rare 22B STI, the rest I prefer Evos.

+ 99% of the Malaysian Male population.
Hmm some prefer Subby though.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I thought I remember once you said you're not really into Subby coz it's more like a hammer instead of the Evo which is more like a surgeon's scalpel. Or maybe I should say you like Evo more than Subby, no? If given the same price for both, which one do you choose? Evo 3 vs GC8, Evo 5/6 vs V7, Evo 7/8 vs V8, Evo 9 vs V9? For me, the only Subby I have a soft spot for is the ultra rare 22B STI, the rest I prefer Evos.

Hmm some prefer Subby though.
Got one friend loves Scooby, had one or two for many years. Then later on called up was asking about tyres for his Evo X. I was why suddenly join Evo camp......lol

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Got one friend loves Scooby, had one or two for many years. Then later on called up was asking about tyres for his Evo X. I was why suddenly join Evo camp......lol
Thats where the saying comes from...'If u cant beat them, join them'.

To me personally though i cant afford both cars...well maybe the old one i can but cant afford to maintain it, Subaru seems to rub me in a different way. Its kinda more matured and gentlemen. That boxer rumble is an added bonus.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Got people switching from both sides actually. Not sure which one switches more.

One thing though, somehow Evos seem to retain better value than WRX.

Thats where the saying comes from...'If u cant beat them, join them'.

To me personally though i cant afford both cars...well maybe the old one i can but cant afford to maintain it, Subaru seems to rub me in a different way. Its kinda more matured and gentlemen. That boxer rumble is an added bonus.
These sort of cars is about letting out the wild side in you, not really about being matured and gentlemen.

Reactions: alcyon

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I'm sort of not a hater of either or a liker of either.

Evo 3 vs GC8 - GC8
Evo 5/6 vs V7 - V7
Evo 7/8 vs V8 - Evo 7
Evo 9 vs V9 - Evo 9

It's all about which one. If the price was the same for both - depends on which vs which.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Evo 3 vs GC8 - GC8
Evo 5/6 vs V7 - V7
Evo 7/8 vs V8 - Evo 7
Evo 9 vs V9 - Evo 9

It's all about which one. If the price was the same for both - depends on which vs which.
What's the reason you'd prefer V7?
Also why E7 instead of E8?

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya

Evo 3 vs GC8 - GC8
Evo 5/6 vs V7 - V7
Evo 7/8 vs V8 - Evo 7
Evo 9 vs V9 - Evo 9

Will it be difficult to maintain V7? Saw a lot selling... wonder what is the condition.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I think daily driving an Evo or WRX STi will grow tiring for an old fart like me.