Wide Body

aHLengChai

Known Member
Aug 21, 2006
Hi guys.. would like to hear opinion from all of you like in the title above..

what's pros n cons if do the wide (widening) body (fender) in long-term?

effects to the drive shaft .. absorber.. absorber link.. bearing.. ball join..lower arm.. tulang anjing.. or etc..etc..etc..?

besides it's gorgeous looks.. steady..

because i heard/read alot of bad comments about wide-body (fender) in long-term..

because I intend to do a 2-inch fender widening to my waja,as soon as possible..because hari raya is around the corner.

thanks in advance..

DILEMA GUY
:confused:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
no effect on drive shaft..unless u go lowered too much...

maybe your suspension would feel softer than usual....

and maybe knuckle bearing lifespan shorten...but not by a big margin...

other than that no significant change...

in other words..if u wanna do it..just do it....try PM eg6sirT guy for his widebody+spray shop :adore:

aHLengChai

Known Member
Aug 21, 2006
danz : yes for sure its metal 8mm thickness will be used..

pomen : great.. now my confidence level already increase..! :proud:

tq guys.. any other comments will b appreciated too!

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Hi guys.. would like to hear opinion from all of you like in the title above..

what's pros n cons if do the wide (widening) body (fender) in long-term?

effects to the drive shaft .. absorber.. absorber link.. bearing.. ball join..lower arm.. tulang anjing.. or etc..etc..etc..?

besides it's gorgeous looks.. steady..

because i heard/read alot of bad comments about wide-body (fender) in long-term..

because I intend to do a 2-inch fender widening to my waja,as soon as possible..because hari raya is around the corner.

thanks in advance..

DILEMA GUY
:confused:
Parking susah sikit? Hahaha :biggrin: Mechanically I dont think there should be a problem... :hmmmm:

aHLengChai

Known Member
Aug 21, 2006
wahahaha.. kena parking joki la lepas ni..adoi :thrasher:

thnx bro..

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
^ or with those bolt-on thick spacers

aHLengChai

Known Member
Aug 21, 2006
yes.. will make sure all of you will get an latest update soon..insyALLAH..

all the widening process will be done @ sara bodywork USJ1..

that cnc spacer with screws looks really expensive and neat.. **gray eyes** ahaha

not only rims.. adjustable suspension also in wishlist.. sapura proride heavyduty ABS is ok but its spring coil is suck act.. lembik!

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
lenchai....get HWL direct lorrr...better :thumbsup:

aHLengChai

Known Member
Aug 21, 2006
pomen : HWL ? aiyo.. nightmare la with dat brand.. my fren car SE LImited..using that brand hi-lo type..felt like doesn't have absorber..very keras..or he mistakenly purchased the wrong 1..no ide..cuz no rating number on the spring/coil..will looking forward for titan/gab/tein

stasis : i will.. but process will be done after raya haha.. tokey says his workshop full already.. haiyoo..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
pomen : HWL ? aiyo.. nightmare la with dat brand.. my fren car SE LImited..using that brand hi-lo type..felt like doesn't have absorber..very keras..or he mistakenly purchased the wrong 1..no ide..cuz no rating number on the spring/coil..will looking forward for titan/gab/tein

stasis : i will.. but process will be done after raya haha.. tokey says his workshop full already.. haiyoo..
i think he got those front 8kg/mm spring and 4kg/mm rear....on hwl written as front 80 (Newton) and rear 40 (Newton)

if he contact top perfect sg.buloh maybe can change spring into softer one...problem solved....titan very pricey wooo....but with high price u get no headache...they tune the absorber according to your requirement...

zuruzuruz

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Ampang
vote for titan.. huhu... but if u wanna do titan.. make sure that nice uncle workshop got 1 or 2 cars only or better none.. cepat dpt kreta balik.. :biggrin: