Why Proton New Car So many problems?

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
I dont get it.

Last time (10 yr ago) I bougt a Wira. After 3 month, already problems occuring, namely:

1. Glovebox cannot close nicely.
2. Fuel meter not function.

After 2 yr,

1. Engine sudden die at 80km/h!! Steering suddenly heavy coz no more power steering. dem dangerous!!
2. Leaking oil like hell
3. TB crack

After 3 yr,
1. Power window damage - internal plastic pulley *yes they use plastic* broken.

Why this kind of problem always happens for Proton cars? I heard similar ones from colleagues using Proton Wira 1.5 and 1.3.. and Waja.. Saga etc.

Why? How come this problems NEVER occur at my shitty old City? (made in Thailand).

Is Proton parts quality control exist at all? WTF???? Really shame to be Malaysians.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
wah...like tat u damn lucky loh...my fren saga BLM 1 week go back protn sc transplant engine liaw...so whole car just burn to ashes

sebastien

Known Member
Oct 19, 2008
depends on ur luck also la i would say la.....
last time used to drive a putra ok wat..its my workhorse...
only change twice alternator a year:mad::banghead:

Noobi_kenubi

Feb 12, 2009
toyota also got throttle prob that kills(consistent case google about it)

Honda also got interior fitting and disk brake probs(consistent case, google about it)

and more(google it la)

Mazda CX-7 2007 also got engine swap, exshaust smoking, short circuits and many more.(very High case number, google: CX-7 club)

Wise car buyer will know that first batch models will have either minor or major problems, and wait for later model after it was fixed...

Proton currently have minor problems like power window and some cheap plastics, but the latest model like NEO CPS,Gen 2 CPS, or even Exora have sturdy plastics which to me its on par with my Honda Accord, Nissan X-trail and my old E class Merc...

Major problem in proton? well maybe the wiring stuffs, which could result in engine smoking or even burn(rarely seen)

for consistent probs, proton have:
Dashboard have small knocking sound( probably come from poor fitting hooks)
Power Window(consistent but depends on your luck)
Fragile plastics(only on switches or levers, for eg:Air cond switch, Seat adjuster levers)

So far thats all i've experienced on my sis's Saga BLM or the old Saga robot, just got my new Satria Neo CPS, No probs so far, loved the handling...old people may complaint about loud engine sound and signal ticks, but sports cars have that too... my dad's friend lotus Elise also have a bit of rattling and wind sound when driving..

conclusion,
It is impossible to find perfect manufacturers that produce non flawed, new model cars..try to own other cars that is not proton, then you'll know that other manufacturers are not that perfect after all...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
biasala tuh bro....
every car also got problem...there are other ppl using proton for 10yrs also no major problems...
as sebastian said, its just depends on luck, last time when i was in honda few yrs back, the honda plant, where they stored their cars, was flooded after a heavy rain, the water level was at the dashboard, so i asked them wat they gonna do with their cars? i tot they gonna tell me to pick any flooded car & sell to me 50% off..ahahaaha in my dreams...they told me they will send the cars to service centre, clean it up, look exactly like new & sell it again as brand new cars.....
so u c..no matter u buy msian, jappo or conti cars, it depends on luck too...even u buy a rm300k beemer, it will still have problems....have u guys ever seen reconditioned cars yet? like they advertise RX8, beemer, alphard all recond....u should c the car when it comes out of the
container / kontena....it looked like shit.......they will send it to w/shops, kedai mudguard & spray it look like brand new, all doors, carpet, dashboard strip & reconditioned........

some ppl thinks the car was used in japan for a year & then send to other countries to sell...but actually its not....its like our waja KLIA limo..already lenjan...sprayed met color, then send to another 3rd world country to sell....

so guys, dont put the blame on proton, its actually our G' that is having major problem, not the car.

sebastien

Known Member
Oct 19, 2008
very well said...:biggrin:

but to be honest if u compared local to jappo's car...
i bet local will be more prob la...

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
I dont get it.

Last time (10 yr ago) I bougt a Wira. After 3 month, already problems occuring, namely:

1. Glovebox cannot close nicely.
2. Fuel meter not function.

After 2 yr,

1. Engine sudden die at 80km/h!! Steering suddenly heavy coz no more power steering. dem dangerous!!
2. Leaking oil like hell
3. TB crack

After 3 yr,
1. Power window damage - internal plastic pulley *yes they use plastic* broken.

Why this kind of problem always happens for Proton cars? I heard similar ones from colleagues using Proton Wira 1.5 and 1.3.. and Waja.. Saga etc.

Why? How come this problems NEVER occur at my shitty old City? (made in Thailand).

Is Proton parts quality control exist at all? WTF???? Really shame to be Malaysians.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
sometimes better to do some homework before bashing proton blindly!
i believe many have said their pieces bout other cars that also got problem, its unnecessary to bash all other car makers just to convince you alone about proton.
but i believe when u realised and awake from what a negative mentality of condemning some product that is designed, manufactured and marketed by the ppl in the country you are living in....actually what a shame!
if u r shame to be a malaysian, you can always go to imigresen or national registry to surrender your citizenship......go to the country you think produced the best cars in the world, drive one and stay there.....

i don mean to bashed up anyone....just my 2cents.

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
sometimes better to do some homework before bashing proton blindly!
i believe many have said their pieces bout other cars that also got problem, its unnecessary to bash all other car makers just to convince you alone about proton.
but i believe when u realised and awake from what a negative mentality of condemning some product that is designed, manufactured and marketed by the ppl in the country you are living in....actually what a shame!
if u r shame to be a malaysian, you can always go to imigresen or national registry to surrender your citizenship......go to the country you think produced the best cars in the world, drive one and stay there.....

i don mean to bashed up anyone....just my 2cents.
Im not ashame to be malaysian. What? if im pointing out low quality parts of proton, then im ashame to be malaysian? how u come to that conclusion la bro???

I am not bashing. Its just base on experience only. Proton may not have big problems that much i agree, but i think most ppl are fed up with the small problems that kept on bugging them every months! like my case, it was the fuel meter and constantly mati engine at high speed... go to send for svc/repair, they change the meter, and do somthing at TB, then next 3 months, it happens again!!

These repeating problem will not occur in Honda/Toyota/Nissan/jap cars... sure there are problems, but once sent to service/repair, it will almost definitely solved forever. Like my shitty honda now also already 8 yrs old. i bought it when it was 4 yrs old. the 1st owner did not take care so much, but still no problems at all until last yr, when some items show wear and tear. but still, the TB no problem, the interior, meter, power window all still good.. function like new.

This is my point.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
it is usual to all cars, for example, when the waja was lauched, it had so many problems, such as power window failure, door handle...dashboard rattling..etc...but proton worked hard to overcome that problem, till today the waja dont have that problems anymore....it happens to all newly launched cars...even the new 5 series beemer when lauched got problem ma...the door cant be closed properly....

thunderbird

Known Member
Jul 17, 2006
we bashing proton because of the stupid NAP which only benefits to the cronies, you feel proud with proton? proud with what? is still a jaguh kampung.

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5

Im not ashame to be malaysian. What? if im pointing out low quality parts of proton, then im ashame to be malaysian? how u come to that conclusion la bro???
maybe bcoz of that? (refer to the bold part)

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Yesterday, UMW Toyota Motor showcased their line-up of hybrid vehicles in Malaysia. The Prius, now in its 3rd generation, continues to lead Toyota’s hybrid revolution. Packaged together in a luxurious and sophisticated interior and exterior, the Prius continues to impress with class leading fuel efficiency and low emissions.

Star of the show was of course...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience