Why campro engines fail on crank!!! Campro 1.6 vs 4g92p

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
Failure's !!!! Not reliable at all !!! Rather get a Mivec 1.8 to swap it in .......

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
That mean I have to onhold for CPS booking?
Btw, any new engine release from Proton such turbocharge ?
Well, proton has planned for a turbocharged campro for the next EXORA... however, the built quality of the internals are not as promising... So I guess it's better to get a transplant. But I'd wait till the engine give way first...

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Well, proton has planned for a turbocharged campro for the next EXORA... however, the built quality of the internals are not as promising... So I guess it's better to get a transplant. But I'd wait till the engine give way first...

In Exora only?
Have any chance for Gen2 ?

Btw, will not go to transplant as chop shop might no longer with us after 2011 :banghead:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
In Exora only?
Have any chance for Gen2 ?

Btw, will not go to transplant as chop shop might no longer with us after 2011 :banghead:
Well, things confirmed could be change. As we've seen on the 15YO car compulsary inspection for road tax renew.... So...

Will see it at 2 different perspective.

1) won;t transplant due to the extinction of kedai potong in future. So, no more spareparts...
2) Insist of transplant to JDM engines cause if there is any case of engine rebuild, there are alwez more aftermarket performance parts for JDM engines compare to local engines. Exampla, forged internals... Intake/Exhaust manifold...

angrysnail

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2009
Petaling Jaya
wordlinx.com
damn..why they suggest design that kind of engine for malaysia?..mould extra oil passage also need money ka?..fail on lubrication system..i know it can stand for 100k km but more good if it can stand more than that..:banghead:

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
Foremost it is a good engine design, why ? The head looks promising (internal) the block looks sturdy , the piston is even a dome type (high compression).

The turn off part is i don't understand why those retarded engineers have such setting on this engines ie: the cam timing(its abit advance for street use so it isn't practical at all ) , position of the engine ( low is always good as it can lower the car centre gravity but they dumb enough to exceed crossmember height) , timing mark ( bloody hell gives me so much prob when nid to mod its timing ) , A/C compressor mounting & so many more to list ..... total imbecile !!!
Last but not least it's internal's material, very disappointing......

What a waste for an actual beauty ( i love the look of Gen-2 & Neo ) it become so dreadful n fall on those dumb engineers hand !!

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Foremost it is a good engine design, why ? The head looks promising (internal) the block looks sturdy , the piston is even a dome type (high compression).

The turn off part is i don't understand why those retarded engineers have such setting on this engines ie: the cam timing(its abit advance for street use so it isn't practical at all ) , position of the engine ( low is always good as it can lower the car centre gravity but they dumb enough to exceed crossmember height) , timing mark ( bloody hell gives me so much prob when nid to mod its timing ) , A/C compressor mounting & so many more to list ..... total imbecile !!!
Last but not least it's internal's material, very disappointing......

What a waste for an actual beauty ( i love the look of Gen-2 & Neo ) it become so dreadful n fall on those dumb engineers hand !!
Bro, FYI, the engine head built quality looks promising because it's made in PERODUA, Rawang... Muahaha... My company is the aluminum melting furnace supplier for PERODUA and last week, we went to uninstall a machine. And i saw CAMPRO head fresh from the die...

And, regarding the engine. If anything happens to the engine head, it cannot be skimmed. If skimmed, it'll over heat the engine.

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
Bro, FYI, the engine head built quality looks promising because it's made in PERODUA, Rawang... Muahaha... My company is the aluminum melting furnace supplier for PERODUA and last week, we went to uninstall a machine. And i saw CAMPRO head fresh from the die...

And, regarding the engine. If anything happens to the engine head, it cannot be skimmed. If skimmed, it'll over heat the engine.
Bro, thx for the info .......
It means the mold is actually made locally , at least now i know M'sia boleh !!

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Bro, thx for the info .......
It means the mold is actually made locally , at least now i know M'sia boleh !!
I always know Malaysia boleh... Yes I do. If Malaysian can invent USB, why ppl say Malaysia tak boleh??? If Malaysian can design airport for Singapore, why Malaysia tak boleh...

It's the matter of saving cost with the right way n method. It's the matter of how much we wanna do it. How much we can put personal profit aside n use the fund properly for r&d n for the ethics n spirit of engineering...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my car which engine is mitsubishi 4G91
at 90km/h the RPM already 3K
which i think is quite high

is it possible to change my 5th gear to make 3K rpm at 100-110km/h???
because i travel quite alot at high way therefore can help me to save some fuel also

where got forman can do it??

roughly how much will it be??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience