Why Bahasa Melayu is Not Suitable for Science & Maths

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
*From a Forwarded Email*

Malaysian Government should not insists on using Bahasa for Math and Science..

This is because the whole world uses the language as an information and/or technology language. How dangerous it will be if we try to use Bahasa, especially in school. See example below:-

Hardware = barangkeras

Software = baranglembut

Joystick = batang gembira

Plug and Play = cucuk dan main

Port = lubang

Server = pelayan

Client = pelanggan

Try to translate this:

ENGLISH:

That server gives a plug and play service to the client using either hardware or software joystick. The joystick goes into the port of the client.

Now in BAHASA:

Pelayan itu memberi pelanggannya layanan cucuk dan main dengan menggunakan batang gembira jenis keras atau lembut. Batang gembira itu akan dimasukkan ke dalam lubang pelanggan.

Now you know...WHY...?

katzman90

500 RPM
Jun 11, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
"Why Bahasa Melayu is Not Suitable for Science & Maths?"

- This is because English is an International Language but Bahasa Melayu..................
(Sorry no hard feeling)

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
that's why , some malaysian graduates go overseas work time , get laughed at :biggrin:

and we have our own education system to blame.

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
With respect, our government want to achieve something like the japan, German or the French does,be proud of own language. But the true fact is, the education level from the beginning of primary to the secondary in our country is far behind compare with other countries. For instants during the primary and secondary school days everything is in Malay then to the higher learning intuition everything is in English. The students which doesn't have a strong foundation with their language is rather hard and need some time to adjust themselves with it.
And look at the current society, what language is widely spoken ? Even the chinese and indians is speaking english than their mother tongue. What is the purpose of wasting time learning something we hardly use. Thats y local talents rather shine somewhere overseas than being contain in own ground !!!!!!

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
Ahhhh ....... but let's look at the population count of Germany and Russia , etc.

their population outnumbers malaysia's meager 20+ mil by a significant margin.

BM will be the downfall of the world....................

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
Totally agree. If the government want to make things happen in Germany, France, Russia ....... make sure they can educate their people speak REAL english than bloody manglish, thinking of myself being 1 of the manglish fella make me feel damn embarrassing and sick !!!! :mad:

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
I talk based on my experience as a student ..learning since primary till I was form 3 in Bahasa Malaysia is simply stupid/dumb/pointless ..THANK GOD when I came to form 4 and form 5 ..I learn Science subjects and add maths in english ..IN NOT , when come to college /tertiary level , can die ..

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
I talk based on my experience as a student ..learning since primary till I was form 3 in Bahasa Malaysia is simply stupid/dumb/pointless ..THANK GOD when I came to form 4 and form 5 ..I learn Science subjects and add maths in english ..IN NOT , when come to college /tertiary level , can die ..
You're lucky to learn science and maths in english from form 4 onwards. I'm one of the not so lucky fella learn everything in malay and suffer to understand terms explain in english at college....

Jeff86ks

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
it's ok lar, just put in more effort and you can cope with it. I was from the BM era too, it all depends on your commitment towards your study.

Don't shoot me... :vroam:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

what will happen if i pump normal diesel for new engine?
the petrol station near my house don't got euro5...the nearest petrol station that got sell euro5 is 1 hour more from my house..i looking for petronas brand only
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience