white and black smoke

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
guys :_:...i'll be really grateful if u could help me on this...I'm driving EK4 B16A auto...last week..on my trip to air papan beach,mersing...when i rev up my car to take over a bus or lorry several times...my friend behind me..driving a wira says he saw a white smoke...and sometimes black smoke coming from my exhaust when i was revving up the car...

from what i know...the (black smoke = fuel to to rich) and (white smoke= head gasket problem)..the problem is..the smoke sometimes white..sometimes black...so i'm a little confuse...can u guys give any comment on this...:retarded:

Sato

2,000 RPM
Jul 28, 2004
Perhaps it means both too rich fuel and head gasket problem ? Hehheheee....

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
lets assume its a stock engine ek4 b16a auto. the weather, the high revving and allot of things may contribute to black or white smoke. since u said "sometimes", it could be anything from valve seals to piston rings. if you have not done an engine complete ovehaul for a 10 year old engine, probably its high time.

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
overhaul?? aiyo...my pocket empty...gonna go check the car this saturday at my mec

lcliang85

Apr 20, 2005
selngor/puc
i hav face tis prob at my working work shop. ecu ,map sensor or fuel regulator prob.u need 2 check at work shop la.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Globalization is supposed to bring the world closer together by integrating all the different aspects of our lives to function as one big and well-lubricated machine. So logic dictates that a globally designed car would fly off the showroom floors faster than an underground fiber optics cable could send an e-brochure of it your way.

This brings us then to the Chevrolet Cruze, a truly global car and the model...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience