Which phone should i choose??

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
HTC One has one major disadvantage compared to the competitors - it doesn't have memory expansion options. No external cards and the HTC-ed OS is a little less user friendly compared to Samsung or Sony.

Having said that Samsung OS is really memory intensive and you have to constantly clear the memory otherwise the phone starts to go crazy with the little amount of memory left with all the bloatware that comes with the phone. And for some strange reason S4 heats up damn fast even with minimal usage.

Having used HTC, Sony, Samsung, LG and all with their latest OS upgrades, I find Sony is the best hasslefree phone. Works great, no memory problems and all that. Only issue is the stupid camera pinkish tinge on some of the cameras. Not all are affected by this issue though.

But ultimately the phone choice boils down to the TS and how intensive he is with the app usage. If he's like me then any phone will work great. If he's a heavy duty user he better choose the one with the best aftermarket Root support. Oh and Iphone5 has the best battery lifespan.
Sony also is waterproof up to a certain limit, but I heard the Sony camera is also rather slow response (just like my current lousy Sony digital camera), not like Samsung one which is very fast with better picture as well.

I myself is also considering to buy one, just also still undecided between Sony, Samsung, and maybe LG? Z1 seems rather too big and squarish IMHO. Size wise I actually prefer the S4 or the older Z but the older Z cannot take photos underwater despite it being waterproof as well.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Sony also is waterproof up to a certain limit, but I heard the Sony camera is also rather slow response (just like my current lousy Sony digital camera), not like Samsung one which is very fast with better picture as well.

I myself is also considering to buy one, just also still undecided between Sony, Samsung, and maybe LG? Z1 seems rather too big and squarish IMHO. Size wise I actually prefer the S4 or the older Z but the older Z cannot take photos underwater despite it being waterproof as well.
Try something non mainstream. Lenovo. Using intel Atom. Mmmmm
Samsung camera lose to Sony. Samsung camera was never good.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Z1 and S4 both 5" screen right? Maybe Sony square look looks bigger?
I wanted something bigger that is why I bought the Note 2 to replace my S2.....:driver:

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
but ah. note 3 hard to type when driving.or better iphone 5s? my wife use already.so far ok.not too big not too small. =)

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
For me, I like BlackBerry because of its physical keyboard. I hate those virtual keyboard, although people have said they can type fast (but with fewer mistakes?) on it as well. When it comes to physical keyboard, BB is second to none. I don't care about games, app on phones.

It's just sad BB company is in trouble.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
For me, I like BlackBerry because of its physical keyboard. I hate those virtual keyboard, although people have said they can type fast (but with fewer mistakes?) on it as well. When it comes to physical keyboard, BB is second to none. I don't care about games, app on phones.

It's just sad BB company is in trouble.
1 thing bad about BB, is the battery lifespan. The phone is real good but the battery is just not powerful enough to power the phone and yet a lot in overseas complained that the phone battery is not long lasting and yet can shut off the phone for u at times. Like reboot all of a sudden.

A man complained his Blackberry only lasted for 5 hours. Could be some apps that was hidden still running in the background that consumes so much.

Btw, this problem mostly happen to Bold 9900 which I'm using. Also my girl's Blackberry Curve 9360 (if not wrong about the number) :rofl:, battery also very fast ran out.

Deleted a lot of apps on my phone and keep it as a call and watsapp phone only...still doesn't work.

Also having problems with the sensors on my keypads...some have to press real hard and seems after checking is those button sensors problem and repairing it will cost me RM180

anne112

Aug 24, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
why dont u get the latest HTC One Max? as HTC One is the old version.
with this new HTC one max, it got a bigger screen which is 5.9 inches, it can control the electronic appliances by using phone and also it is applicable for all kind of stylus pen!!! cool right? u can get more details here : HTC One Max

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Yeah. Z can't swim. But mine's ZR and you can swim with it. :biggrin:

Slow? I don't think it's slow. It's just the colour saturation is slightly pinkish on some batches and it can't be resolved. I dunno. I'm a heavy user so I need functionality over form. S4 (non-LTE) heats up bloody fast and my wifes one keeps losing reception forcing her to reboot often. I'll be upgrading her OS soon to the newer one issued via official channels then see how it goes.

Sony foreverrrrrr

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Slow? I don't think it's slow. It's just the colour saturation is slightly pinkish on some batches and it can't be resolved. I dunno. I'm a heavy user so I need functionality over form. S4 (non-LTE) heats up bloody fast and my wifes one keeps losing reception forcing her to reboot often. I'll be upgrading her OS soon to the newer one issued via official channels then see how it goes.

Sony foreverrrrrr
can try making a call in the swimming pool...or whatsapp when swimming with legs only...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

I'm using Sony phone and I find the camera to be quite nice. I have a Sony camera at home too and the quality of the taken pictures is awesome. The model is RX-100.

Sony foreverrrrrr
Xperia Z not waterproof? I thought it is. So, you're supporting Sony too. Same with me.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Sony foreverrrrrr
Yours is Jelly bean 4.1.2? 4.3 coming but Malaysia not yet or you waiting for kit kat 4.4?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yours is Jelly bean 4.1.2? 4.3 coming but Malaysia not yet or you waiting for kit kat 4.4?
You're very updated about tech stuffs it seems. Impressive for a person that people can call you as unker. :adore: Some of my friends who are teenagers also don't even know about Android versions. Can't even tell between what is iOS and Android. Windows Phone no need to say, sure they have no idea.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
1 thing bad about BB, is the battery lifespan. The phone is real good but the battery is just not powerful enough to power the phone and yet a lot in overseas complained that the phone battery is not long lasting and yet can shut off the phone for u at times. Like reboot all of a sudden.

A man complained his Blackberry only lasted for 5 hours. Could be some apps that was hidden still running in the background that consumes so much.

Btw, this problem mostly happen to Bold 9900 which I'm using. Also my girl's Blackberry Curve 9360 (if not wrong about the number) :rofl:, battery also very fast ran out.

Deleted a lot of apps on my phone and keep it as a call and watsapp phone only...still doesn't work.

Also having problems with the sensors on my keypads...some have to press real hard and seems after checking is those button sensors problem and repairing it will cost me RM180
Your's old ma. New one at least 3x 4x bigger the battery.
AMOLED screen save battery too

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I had a Note 2, then a HTC One, then now a SGS 4.

The HTC One is flawed. It has a design flaw from HTC, camera is broken in low light, as in, permanently broken.
Samsung phones have way too much bloatware. And frankly speaking, the Note IS too big. You CAN get used to it, I was used to it, then I used the HTC One, the form factor and size of the HTC One is way more pleasant than the Note. I am not saying Note is bad, just that if you compare ergonomics, the HTC One/SGS 4 form factor comes ahead.

The Sony Z1 is a good phone, but the size is silly, its the same size as the Note 3! For less screen! And no S-PEN! Yes, I didn't use my S-PEN much but hey it was fun to have and scribble on pictures. That being said if I was forced to choose between Z1 & Note 3, I will choose the Z1.

The Z1, Note 3 are like Hummer H2 with a 6.2L engine. It is by no means slow but it is bulky, and it is something to get used to, and even getting used to it is still challenging to drive on the road e.g. trying not to kill the motorcyclist with your side mirror cause you just used up 110% of your lane. Or parking in lots designed for Kancils. etc.

So the answer is, choose the Google Nexus 5.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Your's old ma. New one at least 3x 4x bigger the battery.
AMOLED screen save battery too
Not really. The Super AMOLED on SGS 4 consumes twice as much power as the iPhone 5...
Galaxy S4 OLED display consumes twice as much power as the iPhone 5 LCD | Android | Geek.com