Wheres Toyota new car offering?

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
Blardy hell, Honda already launched the Civic Type R here! Damn blardy cun sports sedan. Damn blardy fast also as i have saw from Hot Version vol 88. Damn scary fast.

So back to the point. where Toyota's offering? They released a teaser Hybrid Prius advertisment here few months ago. Wheres the car? Honda released the Hybrid Civic together with the Type R also.

Nissan was plenty of activity with Latio and many more kits for their current cars. Wheres Toyota? They don't sell any tuned cars now. Last time WALD has them, and was taken off because of some political thing.

Should we rely on Naza?

keithkeat

3,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2005
kapateS

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
suck off la toyota.diuu

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
kh_tan.tripod.com
Hahaha. Woi Zul long time no see!

Damn now even Mitsubishi is in the fray. Lancer GT woohhh!!! Also damn cool.

Oh BTW the more i see Yaris, the more i hate it. Really it looks like a FROG wanting to be a Myvi. hahahah. No wonder it doesn't sell as much.

Wait Toyota did launch some fast car last year right? LEXUS? I think i'll defect to Mitsuoka and have exclusivity. hahaha.

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
haha. toyota or rather UMW just slumber only.. haha...
boring la..

Last edited:

vh-101

500 RPM
Dec 14, 2006
Oh BTW the more i see Yaris, the more i hate it. Really it looks like a FROG wanting to be a Myvi. hahahah. No wonder it doesn't sell as much.
wah... luckily dint own Yaris. was going to buy last time wahaha.. The Toyota Caldina not bad ma.. 3S ..wakaka

20vturbo

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Sarawak
www.club4ag.com
why not we bombard UMW toyota email..some sort of like a campaign..STOP JUST OFFERING FAMILY ORIENTED CAR..we want mark X, we want avensis..we want toyota japan to create a new levin/trueno a.k.a AE202 and AE222...We want the new supra...we want a new entry level TOYOTA SPORTS CAR

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
kh_tan.tripod.com
Nasir, the Blade not nice la. Only the engine is good. But then again its not 2.0L. And for a car such its size of course gonna be fast. But the design is somewhat letdown. Blardy hell i still cannot get the Mitsu Lancer GT off my head. I thought the Civic Type R was awesome, until this comes along.

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
why not we bombard UMW toyota email..some sort of like a campaign..STOP JUST OFFERING FAMILY ORIENTED CAR..we want mark X, we want avensis..we want toyota japan to create a new levin/trueno a.k.a AE202 and AE222...We want the new supra...we want a new entry level TOYOTA SPORTS CAR
i guess the prob is umw marketing strategy perhaps was spearheaded by some conservative ppl who not willing to take the risk in the niche of sports segment....... they don't even bother to sell manuals tranny for some model.. shiish... maybe their motto is "if u want to buy, buy what i offer, else don't buy, cos i got plenty of other buyers that willing to que and buy".....

20vturbo

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Sarawak
www.club4ag.com
yeah,sure in the marketing depatment is those old people and girls who only know nuts...why only target bigger market? yaris? vios? come on la...it wont be too long before toyota lose its touch..remember those good old days

1.levin 111/101/92
2.Mr2 turbo
3.starlet ep91

damn nice 90s

cataphrax

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
Toyota establishes "Committee to create interesting cars" - Autoblog

apparently its not a local problem. if its reached a point where the higher powers that be in toyota have realised and created a special committee to handle this issue, then you know its a pretty serious problem.

its quite sad la honestly. even the models which were always associated with power such as the MR2 and the celica have been diluted and marketed as the puny MR-S and the uninteresting (except visually) new celica. no offense to the owners of these cars, but if you compare them to the earlier models, they're a joke.

the levin brand has been discontinued as has the starlet. the only decent new offering they have, performance wise is the caldina, but seriously, how to do spirited driving, autocross or track days with something that huge. i'm not saying it can't be done but you'll really need the nuts to do it coz as we all know there are crazy japanese performance wagon enthusiasts doing track days with thier tricked out nissan stageas which are essentially wagons with skyline internals and drivetrain.

even toyota exclusive tuners have moved on sadly. look at the latest tom's catalogue. purely catering to the luxury and VIP enthusiasts. a large part of the parts that TRD and c-one are offering are for models that have stopped rolling off the assembly line for quite a while.

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
kh_tan.tripod.com
Yeah man. TRD catalog nowdays focus too much on performance VIP cars. Better market? What gives?

Shit on Toyota for joining F1. All the money goes there and none going to developing nice cars. And they con us into buying family cars to finance their unsuccesful motorsports exploits. It was different when they were in Rallies.

UMW isn't helping either. Wait till their sales plummet, then only they wake up. Until then everytime i pass though UMW showroom at federal highway, i would point my 10 fingers at them and cast an evil spell. Muahahahaha!

cataphrax

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
i guess thier rationale is that family oriented cars are high volume. they're only thinking about profit and overlooking brand loyalty, which obviously is gonna come mainly from the enthusiast / performance oriented consumer. you think those who purchase the vios / altis / camry care about brand loyalty? i think only a handful would. and those would be the one who associate toyota with affordable maintenance and bullet proof reliability. ever other person is just fishing around the market for the next best deal. i know for a fact that a large majority of potential accord buyers have purchased camrys instead. its caused such a dent in sales that accords are coming with crazy discounts and cash rebates. make a fast buck now and lose the loyalty nurtured over years and generations.

toyota is losing is racing pedigree la sad to say. look at supergt. nissan and honda a leading the way. eventhough the NSX and supra are old chassis' the NSX still does better. toyota has no new body to use for super gt so have to use the soarer chassis... damn sad. look at nissan, they're running thier 350z and i think by the end of the year or next year when the new GTR comes out they'll have that. the GTR you see in auto shows, see the mule and close to production models running around the nurburging. even the NSX is being tested using an extended s2000 chassis. wheres the new supra. speculation here, speculation there. random CG renders in various magazines, but we never even see anything in the flesh. sad la really. the soarer also last time was a bad ass wangan missile. look at it now. some pansy ass hard-top convertibles for mid-life crisis uncles and mistresses. damn sad.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

to all sifus,im new in this motoring industry.. bought a 2nd hand with 90xxx mileage.. my questions are. when is the time to top overhaul and when is the time to do full overhaul? is there any sign? what is the cost for top overhaul? and how about overhaul? what parts are replaced on top overhaul and overhaul? hope all sifus here can answer my question. newbie here needs some knowledge
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience