"Where's the Party" by Carlsberg at Golden Palm Tree Resorts, Sepang

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

As a member of the media, I've been invited by Carlsberg to join a party held in a secret location that was held on the 25th of June. It will be silly to refuse a media invitation and free flow of beer from Carlsberg themselves, so I decided to sign up for the event.

The party was a 2 days and 1 night event where the party is by special invite through its Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More site. Carlsberg intends to create a party that is memorable to those that attended and guarantees it to be the talk of town for many years to come.

I would have just guessed that this would just be a normal pool party held in Sunway Lagoon, considering where on earth could they have a large venue with tons of water in it? Turns out I could be wrong.

So we were told to gather around Bukit Jalil at 1030 AM to check in to the event. The media were the first to check in and we were given our RFID tag for identification purposes. The main purposes of the RFID tag is to keep off intruders and people who aren't participating in the Carlsberg event. Then we paid RM20 as a form of deposit in case we might lose the RFID tag during the events.

Then we lined up for the bus, took a box of KFC's and mineral water. We waited for a few late media representatives prior to leaving. Our bus MC for today was Gerald Christopher Noel, who briefed us about the event and gave us a few ice breaking sessions, where we meet bloggers and media representatives of established names such as FHM, Juice, 8TV and so on. It was definitely a great time to meet them and mingle with these people who are in the different lines of the media industry.

After some time travelling in a bus (more like 2 hours later), we finally arrived at our destination. We actually arrived at Golden Palm Tree Resorts at Sepang. We walked through a makeshift arch, where it says "You've found Where's the party". The feeling was sensationally burning and we were walking through the arch with excitement.

We were greeted by a row of beautiful women clad in short sleeve singlets and army design skirts. Along present was the golden couple MCs of the day, Patricia K. and Joey G., where both have an established name in the entertainment industry where Patricia hosts Castrol's Football Crazy and Joey G. DJs for Capital FM. We checked into the guest lists and collected our room key

We were treated generous amounts of Carlsberg beer and we were briefed in the media room where Carlsberg's Managing Director, Soren Ravn, brief us about the brand relaunch of Carlsberg Beers. He has specifically chosen this location of the secret party due to the proximity from Kuala Lumpur, which is about 2 hours away. The other members of the media asked questions about the event as well.

When the briefing was done, we sat on the shuttle buggy which brought us to the room. The hotel was designed in a palm tree design, where the long path way that connects our rooms and the front desk lobby is about 800 metres away, that would certainly be painful to walk every time you want to be in the lobby, so being on the shuttle and waiting for it worth while.

So I arrived at my room, I was surprised at the size of it. The whole room is only for me and the room has beds for 4 people, including a master bed and 2 single beds. It's like having a whole chalet to myself. The room, which was a Palm Villas suite, costs about RM1620 per night according to their Internet booking website. I would say, Carlsberg was mighty generous to all of the guest that joined the event. It exceeds my expectations a lot.

The balcony view outside of my room was simply gorgeous, it overlooks the calm Straits of Malacca. The weather was nice and it was a great day to have a nice party as well as a fun day on the beach. We were notified there will be games being played at 3 PM. So without further delays, I changed into my beach wear, a singlet and a three quarter pants and walked towards the games area.

While making my journey there, I stopped by and greeted Patricia whom I've met earlier in Ipoh before. This time we were able to mingle and know each other better as friends and I got talk to Joey properly when we never knew each other much back then.

The game zones were separated into the Yellow Zone and the Green Zone. The Yellow Game zone consists of games that were placed on the dry pavement and the Green Game zone consists of mainly beach related games. The most interesting game was the "Dunk Me" game, where a person sits on a chair, located on top of a barrel of water. A participant is given three tries, where if he hits the ball into the hole where the switch is located, the person who sits on the chair flips into the water and gets wet. It was great, for those who wanted to get their friends wet. Each activities carries some points, so the more you play, the more you get. The points collection would used for tomorrow's prize giving event.

Girls from various media channels were fighting each other like a hamster inside an inflatable ball fighting each other to the very last, like Amazonian warriors.

After some time on the beach, you'd naturally get tired. You could clean yourself with the shower that was provided near the beach or you could be adventurous enough to walk pass the "Wash-N-Go" where girls will spray water on you and scrub you with a large sponge soaked with soap water around you. You will collect points as you go, however it does get ticklish! One of the DJs were having great fun being sprayed around.

After a tiring play with the games, we treated ourselves to a nice Thai foot massage, courtesy of Carlsberg. Things just never get boring and it just gets more exciting every time. One of the renowned bloggers, Rebecca Saw from thenomadGourmand was enjoying her foot massage. She was definitely very calmed down after some crazy moments she had playing the beach games.

Then we proceeded next to get our own tattoos. These tattoos are airbrush tattoos which will fade about a week later. I decided to go with the dragon design and did one on the back of my arms. I had to look "cool" for the night, so this was my choice.

So the night closes in and we had to ready ourselves for the party tonight. We returned to our respective rooms for a quick shower prior proceeding to the wonderful buffet that was to be served at 7PM.

The choices of food are never short of awesome. The palette of yummy food that were displayed on the table was simply mouth-watering goodness. The seafood selection, especially the oysters, prawns and lobsters were definitely a very good rich choice of food.

The night comes and everyone has filled up their bellies. Everyone gathered at the beach area waiting for the party to start.

The Carlsberg girls are off-duty from their jobs and they were enjoying the parties themselves. Everyone grabbed a cup of beer and started drinking.

The party was started by the Carlsberg boys, where they displayed a beautiful dance in front of the crowd.

The party MCs, Joey and Patricia gave an opening speech to the crowd and officiating the start of the party.

The party started with a local live band, called the Plane Paper Pursuit. These guys were playing awesome original music which was keeping the crowd entertained.

As the live band finishes up, the DJs were there to start the music. The crowds cheered for them. DJ Charlotte Narni was paired up to DJ Maxine Hardcastle, where both of them produced amazing music for the night.

DJ Sam Cooke and DJ Ms Pink proceeded to take over where both the previous DJs left off. They were giving pushing the beats further and was making the crowd go wild.

The crowds were loving the music, they just wanted more of them!

There were several "tribesmen" who abducted some girls and got them to be part of the fire performing act.

All the DJs were having some fun. The Managing Director was also a very cool individual, he danced to the night and rapped in front of the crowd. Everyone was amazed on how talented he was. He was dancing to the night with DJ Kellie Acreman.

We had an unexpected guest that joined the party. He was none other than Malaysian renowned shoe designer, Jimmy Choo. He was having his photo taken next to a beautiful lady, DJ Catherine Mcqueen.

Overall, it was a great night, just too bad it had to end that way. It would have been nice if it was a 2 night party instead of one. Everything felt so depressing and dealing with Monday blues was the worst. It was just a great event held by Carlsberg and I really do hope they have something as great as this or hopefully surpass it in terms of quality and fun! Hope to join this next year again! Thanks to DJ Charlotte Narni for her photo contribution of the DJs in bikini. That Calls for a Carlsberg!

About Carlsberg Malaysia

Since 1847, the Carlsberg band has enjoyed global brand distribution, has become a brand of high awareness.

On 6th of April 2011, all across the globe witnessed Carlsberg undergo a successful global transformation, across more than 140 countries. The Carlsberg brand underwent a major transformation and the introduction of a new slogan "That Calls for a Carlsberg".

All of the changes links back to Carlsberg founder, whose deep heritage of passion, innovation and entrepreneurship still connects with today's young consumers. A sign that their spirit is still a part of what makes Carlsberg special.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Party with girl n free food n beer.. now i wan 2 be a journalist liao... :banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi,
my wira just change engine gsr 4g93 turbo.
the engine is vibrating & shaking badly at idle. idling 900rpm steady. above idling no vibrate.
mounting looks good.
also the spark plug should i use heat range 6 or 7 ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience