Where you go for alignment & balancing?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I usually go Ban Hooi @ Jalan Kapar, but a bit far, and I'm a bit lazy. 3 out of 5 times will do on-wheel balancing, for some reason my stupid car always off balance (FWD).

Any other place to recommend in Subang, Sunway or USJ? Lazy to go Klang.

Don't bother recommending Kee Hin @ OKR, due to the amount of cars they get, nowadays they sorta do it like fast food, don't do a great job, just wanna get it "done" and get you out of their hair.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I do mine at Weng Tat, SS14 or Quicksave in USJ7. So far both also okay.....
Cool what's the pricing like? They do on wheel?

azlan96

Known Member
Sep 21, 2011
Ampang
I do mine at citicars outlet, purchased an RM80 alignment package that gives me unlimited 1 year alignment+balancing+rotation and also nitrogen gas refill.. So far so good..

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I do mine at citicars outlet, purchased an RM80 alignment package that gives me unlimited 1 year alignment+balancing+rotation and also nitrogen gas refill.. So far so good..
Unlimited? wah! that is really cheap woh! Sure no fine prints on the T&C?:smokin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Cool what's the pricing like? They do on wheel?
Have not done on wheel for many years dy. I used to do it at Weng Tat (many years ago) as my VR seems to have balancing problem at high speed. Then the center cone thing came and the boss told me to fit them then no need do on wheel already as his off wheel machine is pretty accurate. Fitted on the center cone and have not done on wheel since then......:driver:

Balancing for alloy wheels from RM6 to 10 I think. Depends whether all stick weight or like mine the stick weight behind the spokes and knock in weight for inner side.
Alignment for front is RM30, front and rear should be 50, the last I know. Not sure if inflation have made it go up...heh! heh!:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
That is insanely cheap. Do they charge for camber or is that free too?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Have not done on wheel for many years dy. I used to do it at Weng Tat (many years ago) as my VR seems to have balancing problem at high speed. Then the center cone thing came and the boss told me to fit them then no need do on wheel already as his off wheel machine is pretty accurate. Fitted on the center cone and have not done on wheel since then......:driver:

Balancing for alloy wheels from RM6 to 10 I think. Depends whether all stick weight or like mine the stick weight behind the spokes and knock in weight for inner side.
Alignment for front is RM30, front and rear should be 50, the last I know. Not sure if inflation have made it go up...heh! heh!:biggrin:
So recently you went Weng Tat or Quicksave?

I heard Weng Tat not so good now cause the good foreman left.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So recently you went Weng Tat or Quicksave?

I heard Weng Tat not so good now cause the good foreman left.
I think you terbalik, Quicksave foreman left but that was quite a long time ago. Weng Tat alignment best was the boss himself, the son also ok and now teaching his foremen. Last was done by his foreman so far also okay....:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I don't know if they do alignment only - but I know PRS in Seri Kembangan does manual alignment.
Still have manual? The ruler type chart fitted to the ground on either side?:driver:

Like this....

Last edited:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Tai Soon in Batu Caves is my top favorite for such things.
They have a mobile on-wheel balancer, where they take it to every wheel and achieve perfect wheel balance every time.
For alignment. they use an ancient alignment jig from yesteryears. No Laser systems here. It's a sight to see that giant chunk of 1960s metal in action

Try it out, look for Fei Lou or Popeye
https://www.facebook.com/TAI-SOON-BT-TYRES-CENTRE-Batu-Caves-118505901562224/

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Any foreman here can advice me?

My spark plug lead has gone brittle and those rubber pieces are in my spark plug chambers.
Tried to take some out but I can't.

I am gonna change my valve cover gasket soon but i still can't access it.
Letting the rubber dropping inside the combustion chamber would be my last resort. :bawling...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience