Known Member
Oct 21, 2005
Where to Buy Bosch Car Battery cheap?

Anywhere within 10km USJ/Subang/Sunway.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I used Bosch S5 last time.. sucks major balls man. Get century marathoner.

duhill

Known Member
Oct 21, 2005
I use Bosch S3 last 2 years 7 months.. By the way anyone know any shop near subang/usj?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Seldom see Bosch batteries. The spare parts shop and even tyre shops I go to, have not seen them there....:smokin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Seldom see Bosch batteries. The spare parts shop and even tyre shops I go to, have not seen them there....:smokin:
My regular spart parts shop tells me that Bosch warranty claim is a pain in the a$$. Most don't carry because returning would mean retesting of the battery la, if nothing wrong cannot claim la, etc etc

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I used Bosch S5 last time.. sucks major balls man. Get century marathoner.
Recently trying out yokohama.......:biggrin:
I'm currently using both Century Marathoner and Yokohama on my cars. Both batteries cannot last being left on my Mark x for a week idle even though on my Livina they both can still have enough charge to start. So every time I go overseas for a week or more, I will always need to switch batteries between the 2 cars to start my Mark X. Any idea of a stronger battery?

Panasonic for life!
How is the price compared to Century or Yokohama and is it stronger?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My regular spart parts shop tells me that Bosch warranty claim is a pain in the a$$. Most don't carry because returning would mean retesting of the battery la, if nothing wrong cannot claim la, etc etc
Oh! probably that why don't see them around.
Most of the batteries I use last from 18 to 30 months, so did not claim before until I tried Century Ultramax which give 21 months warranty. This one died just before 21 months so the shop gave me another Century battery but the other model the Marathoner. No questions asked, plug his battery tester on, show low power, gave me another battery......lol:biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Oh! probably that why don't see them around.
Most of the batteries I use last from 18 to 30 months, so did not claim before until I tried Century Ultramax which give 21 months warranty. This one died just before 21 months so the shop gave me another Century battery but the other model the Marathoner. No questions asked, plug his battery tester on, show low power, gave me another battery......lol:biggrin:
21 months is so short leh! I'd expect a battery to last >24 mths. Anything below 24 mths I consider them crap battery already.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Other batteries warranty only 12 months.....lol
Ya but aside from warranty, your Ultramax really died before 21 mths so that's not good. My first batteries on both my cars lasted more than 2 yrs (>3yrs on the Livina and 2.5yrs on the Mark X). My batteries now is also already >2yrs and even that I'm still not so satisfied as both cannot last in my X for a week idle. I want to find something that can store their charge longer so can last a week idle in my X.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I'm currently using both Century Marathoner and Yokohama on my cars. Both batteries cannot last being left on my Mark x for a week idle even though on my Livina they both can still have enough charge to start. So every time I go overseas for a week or more, I will always need to switch batteries between the 2 cars to start my Mark X. Any idea of a stronger battery?

How is the price compared to Century or Yokohama and is it stronger?
You need those deep cycle cells, like Optima. Most likely something in your Mark X is sipping power while its stationary.

https://www.facebook.com/optimabatteriesmalaysia/
Optima Yellow Top D34 12V 55ah fitted well in Kia Forte..
Enquiry contact: 016-769 8811

I also curious how much is it. Go ask.

The other brand that's being raved about is Amaron, but its nothing special, don't think its very different from normal ones.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
You need those deep cycle cells, like Optima. Most likely something in your Mark X is sipping power while its stationary.

https://www.facebook.com/optimabatteriesmalaysia/
Optima Yellow Top D34 12V 55ah fitted well in Kia Forte..
Enquiry contact: 016-769 8811

I also curious how much is it. Go ask.

The other brand that's being raved about is Amaron, but its nothing special, don't think its very different from normal ones.
My suspicion are my security systems (alarm & immobilizer).

Optima must be expensive leh surely at least more than double the price of normal ones. Some also mentioned Amaron got good cold cranking amp in the Mark X FB club but that's also like double the price of normal ones.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya but aside from warranty, your Ultramax really died before 21 mths so that's not good. My first batteries on both my cars lasted more than 2 yrs (>3yrs on the Livina and 2.5yrs on the Mark X). My batteries now is also already >2yrs and even that I'm still not so satisfied as both cannot last in my X for a week idle. I want to find something that can store their charge longer so can last a week idle in my X.
Actually lucky it died just before 21 months, so I got a new battery. If died just after 21 months, got to buy new battery......lol:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Z Project: 1987 Nissan Fairlady 200ZG Z31

So I managed to drop by Batu Pahat to pay the car seller in full, the cash amount agreed on purchasing of the car. I've only depended on the photos to determine the condition of the car. However, during closer inspection, there was some dissapointments. There are some rust holes on the bonnet and rear boot. The windscreen...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience