When following a road hogger....What would you do ?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
This morning going to office via the KL-Seremban highway, I was tailgated by a silver Audi TT. I noticed this car for the 3rd time already going this same route in the morning and he always drives a bit fast and tailgated people. So this morning when he tailgated me again, I gas it a bit hard and left him for a hundred meters or so during one empty stretch, but maybe cause he just did not react or not expecting. Then once I slowed down due to traffic in front, he tailgated again. So I just gave way since it's also already close to a regular speed trap location and approaching my exit. Luckily, no police there to shoot too.
You should go faster, so he will tailgate you at higher speed. Then when near the speed trap location you slow down and let him overtake....:rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
You should go faster, so he will tailgate you at higher speed. Then when near the speed trap location you slow down and let him overtake....:rofl:
I did that when on the way to ipoh...but didnt speed too fast cuz coming near to the AES,
when I cut in, he cut in behind me as well cuz there arent any cars in front of me.

I guess either he knows there is an AES there or he just suspect something is not right,
since the middle lane whole stretch the cars all travel around 100km/h :rofl:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I did that when on the way to ipoh...but didnt speed too fast cuz coming near to the AES,
when I cut in, he cut in behind me as well cuz there arent any cars in front of me.

I guess either he knows there is an AES there or he just suspect something is not right,
AES signboard is so damn big and different from the common mobile speed trap sign board..if any dude doesn't know this...means he's been in a septic tank all these while haha.. I dont dislike AES but I dislike those mobile speed trap more. Those really makan duit.

Btw, some road hogger I do forgive them. Who? Senior citizen. Those really very old...6x 7x 8x but still driving. It is sure hard for them as their senses are not in perfect condition anymore..and they usually don't drive in fast lane. Only hog those 1 or 2 lane roads.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Yah! probably he frequent traveler and knows the area well....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
AES signboard is so damn big and different from the common mobile speed trap sign board..if any dude doesn't know this...means he's been in a septic tank all these while haha.. I dont dislike AES but I dislike those mobile speed trap more. Those really makan duit.

Btw, some road hogger I do forgive them. Who? Senior citizen. Those really very old...6x 7x 8x but still driving. It is sure hard for them as their senses are not in perfect condition anymore..and they usually don't drive in fast lane. Only hog those 1 or 2 lane roads.
YA, last time no signboard that time, gave me a shock when driving at 12am at night suddenly flash from no where...but lucky I was travelling at 110km/h-120km/h in middle lane. Not sure flash me or another car la. But i did try to maintain at 110km/h all the way cuz afraid of AES.

But they are smart, the AES was place at a very dark area at that time during the night. Didnt even notice.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
YA, last time no signboard that time, gave me a shock when driving at 12am at night suddenly flash from no where...but lucky I was travelling at 110km/h-120km/h in middle lane. Not sure flash me or another car la. But i did try to maintain at 110km/h all the way cuz afraid of AES.

But they are smart, the AES was place at a very dark area at that time during the night. Didnt even notice.
Lighting lar...was going to rain :rofl: until now I have not encountered the flash on highways... Only seen red light camera flash

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Lighting lar...was going to rain :rofl: until now I have not encountered the flash on highways... Only seen red light camera flash
KL-Seremban Highway I remember got. But confirm one NSE, u go all the way to ipoh, when see Slim River Signboard, speed all the way, u sure can see the flash.

Remember to pose :rofl:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hahaha, already got a car in front la, so cannot go faster and I don't feel like zigzagging too. That place also lately got no more cops shooting the speed gun.

This morning I again met this car, but he was already slightly ahead of me and I can see him zigzagging a bit and tailgating again. So already 4 times saw him, and always driving like that every time, must be his driving style already, just like when I was a juvenile started driving >26yrs ago!

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I think, one more reason why people right-lane hog is sometimes those 2 tonne lorries and buses hog the middle lane. This is especially true on certain highways where there are a lot of lorries/buses.

When lorries are driven on the middle lane, other drivers who are ever-so-slightly faster than them drive choose to drive on the right lane, cause face it, ape-kelas-kereta-mahal-aku-drive-belakang-lorry....:rolleyes:

Lorries and buses should be driven on the left, full-fecking-stop.

Oh, I notice taxi drivers looove to hog the right lane...especially those KLIA/LCCT taxis I encounter on KLIA expressway/ ELITE....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think, one more reason why people right-lane hog is sometimes those 2 tonne lorries and buses hog the middle lane. This is especially true on certain highways where there are a lot of lorries/buses.

When lorries are driven on the middle lane, other drivers who are ever-so-slightly faster than them drive choose to drive on the right lane, cause face it, ape-kelas-kereta-mahal-aku-drive-belakang-lorry....:rolleyes:

Lorries and buses should be driven on the left, full-fecking-stop.

Oh, I notice taxi drivers looove to hog the right lane...especially those KLIA/LCCT taxis I encounter on KLIA expressway/ ELITE....
But some KLIA taxi are fast, real fast......:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
But some KLIA taxi are fast, real fast......:biggrin:
Especially the ones that coming down genting are really FWD Initial D driver....:afraid:
Never once want to get on those taxis if I had a choice. They don't hog lanes but drive damn fast.
Even when it is raining the floor is wet, whack corners like the road is dry...

I wonder how fast are they gonna go if the roads were dry...:banghead:

I just sleep and pray to god that I reach home safely...
But they are that good that no tyres skidding or screeching sound even on wet....

Wonder what tyres were they using? :hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I was invited over to Sepang yesterday by one of the owners of a Gallardo that I'm trying to arrange a photoshoot with. This might be difficult to believe, but I've actually never ever been to Sepang before. Sure, I've actually passed by it a couple of times on the way to the low-cost terminal... but I've never stepped on the hallowed grounds. Honestly, I wouldn't typically have made it there...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience