What's more fun? Driving a slow car fast or fast car slow

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Well I suppose if driving a fast car too slow (like around speed limits) then it can be a pain because your right foot becomes too itchy! :biggrin: To the contrary, my Swift even though at just 110kph already feels like doing 140-150 coz the the engine already revs to almost 4000.
haha, yah! is the reverse when driving a stable car at 110kph is like doing 80

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
driving my Swift or worse my livina at over 150kph already feels very fast and getting scary but doing it in the Mark X feels like nothing and effortless.
Feels like feather except when you have to brake hard or go round a tight bend.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
drive fast car slow need patient. "knnccb ...need to shoot, but nowhere near climax" :laugh:
drive slow car fast, wth.. floor to metal. Full throttle, BUT "are you done yet? "
i prefer drive old Wira fast.

Reactions: minibeany

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
drive fast car slow need patient. "knnccb ...need to shoot, but nowhere near climax" :laugh:
drive slow car fast, wth.. floor to metal. Full throttle, BUT "are you done yet? "
i prefer drive old Wira fast.
But your old wira in not old wira......hhahhahahhaha

Darth Evillus

Known Member
Jan 16, 2019
I have plenty of satisfaction on morning weekdays outcorner all the BMW mini coppers and camrys on the NPE loop towards empire shopping mall/federal highway on a myvi without braking at constant 80kph to 90 kph. Of course needed anti roll bars and potenza tyres for that. Some of the uncles must have think I am crazy as some of them really braked alot when I outmaneouver them

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
It all comes back to the car, if the car is fun to drive then even though not so powerful and not driven to the max, then it will still be fun to drive. If the car is slow and not fun to drive then no matter how had you drive it, it will still be boring. If the car is also powerful but not good handling, too big, or lousy gearbox or whatever, then it will also not fun to drive. If the car is powerful and also nice handling with good gearbox, then that would be perfect.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
It all comes back to the car, if the car is fun to drive then even though not so powerful and not driven to the max, then it will still be fun to drive. If the car is slow and not fun to drive then no matter how had you drive it, it will still be boring. If the car is also powerful but not good handling, too big, or lousy gearbox or whatever, then it will also not fun to drive. If the car is powerful and also nice handling with good gearbox, then that would be perfect.
True also, now VR with stiffer suspension is not so stable at high speed if the road is not flat. A lot of jolting up and down. The older slightly softer suspension seems to damp the jolts giving a more stable ride.....

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
True also, now VR with stiffer suspension is not so stable at high speed if the road is not flat. A lot of jolting up and down. The older slightly softer suspension seems to damp the jolts giving a more stable ride.....
Softer springs are better suited for higher speed highway trip.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hmm... I've had access to driving a fast car slow and a slow car fast but "fast" is very subjective. How fast is fast? How slow is slow?

I like them both. But then again - what is considered a slow car? I hate the Myvi no matter fast or slow. But driving a Miata NC slow and fast was awesome. S660 was awesome at any speed. Innova - no... just no. E36 1JZ - sometimes. A few other cars also were awesome at any speed. Oh but I have to say the R32 GTR at slow speeds is bad bad bad. Clutch will hate you to no end.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
change spring load. I know the feeling when high speed handle so uncertain.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Btw the SSS doesn't like to be driven slowly and smoothly coz it will throw a false check engine light! I has happened to mine twice now, first when I drove it to measure the best FC, then last week when my son drove it cruising on the highway at only around 80-90kph. It never happens if I whack the crap out of it!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What comes to mind when you hear about an electric truck? A futuristic-looking, super-aerodynamic cab with all trailing wheels neatly tucked and covered to reduce drag? Not really.

Here's the Mercedes-Benz Urban eTruck, and boy, an electric truck that actually looks more 'normal' than expected.

Recently, Tesla revealed its latest Master Plan Part II - they are exploring the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience