What you think a GTR35 POWERED BY RB26

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
I know someone is icthing to try to plonk in the VR38DETT into a BNR34. AFAIK, no one in the world is mad enough to do it yet. Is it even possible anyway.

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
That forklift engine powers the spare wheel?

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hehehe, some people in Aussie mistakenly thought that it came from forklifts.

It has stuck ever since.

Seriously putting a rb26 into a gt-r35 is like dumping your Victoria's secret supermodel girlfriend for your amah. :rofl: I think the vr38dett can fit in a r34 but the front will need to be widened a lot!

wuzzles

Known Member
Dec 1, 2003
Keeping to the "what if" spirit, then why not go NA then? Throw in one of those big block and crate motors. Deal with what ever lag left the R35 comes with once and for all.

Or go with 20B/26B if we wanna keep within the Banzai spirit? Imagine opening the boonet and this greets you....
REDBULL & MADMIKE 4Rotor RX-7 - Mazdas247.com - YouTube

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hehehe, some people in Aussie mistakenly thought that it came from forklifts.

It has stuck ever since.

Seriously putting a rb26 into a gt-r35 is like dumping your Victoria's secret supermodel girlfriend for your amah. :rofl: I think the vr38dett can fit in a r34 but the front will need to be widened a lot!
The "what if" the amah also terror looking one.......hahahahahha

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I think if someone put RB26 into R35 Nissan engineer will bang their head to dead....now they got Juke-R with R35 engine think that they don't want to touch RB26 anymore.

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
No wonder.....:burnout:

Eh.. I never say I'd like to put the VR38 into my car, I'm quite happy with the current engine..

Though if it is an R32 we're talking about, I'd like to have a VK/VH45 mated to the AWD drivetrain.. :hmmmm:

As for the R35.. well.. its not about being sacrilegious or anything like that, but if my pockets are deep enough for an R35 and shoe-horn an RB26 into it, I think I'd rather get myself a Porsche and just enjoy driving.. :driver:

That's just me anyways..

To put a VR38 into a BNR34 is interesting.. but then not only the engine, the drivetrain etc are totally different as well. May sound awesome but too much work for my liking.

Perhaps with the amount of effort one would need to put into the project may well get a stonking all-powerful BNR34 with stroked engine (or perhaps an OS Giken 31.5 kit...).. :top:

Or go with 20B/26B if we wanna keep within the Banzai spirit? Imagine opening the boonet and this greets you....

Woi, apa rotary pulak ni??

As much as I like rotaries, it should stay in the Mazda stable lah.. SA/FB, FC, FD, SE3P, Cosmo, etc..

:biggrin:

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
whatever it is... 2JZ sucks... dont buy 2JZ... go stick to RB or the new skyline engine...

However..

2JZ being a smaller engine has lower hp? seriously? ... r u just looking at stock or are u talkin about a modded one?

Last edited:

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
I loved the VQ38DETT engine~~

I would say the legendary RB26DETT is best suited for a different chassis, not the R35 GTR

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Morning ZTHians...

Just to get some opinions and suggestion from everyone or those who had experienced such
accident before. Please share with us your experience, opinions or suggestions for the best
course of action when one is involve in an accident with a Motorcycle.

Firsty, let me share my part of story. I was driving at around Ampang area after meeting up
a friend at his new home. At that time, traffic was starting to increase. So, was jamming up
at this stretch at Ampang where it...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience