what you guys think of mit. FTO?

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
1) Is it a nice to look at car based on its timeless design?
-its very hard for me to appreciate this car.. even when looking in various of view... front,top,sides.. i just couldnt make it.. the Fiat Coupe/Mit GT0 is much nicer to me..

2) ever thinking of owning one?
-I dont think so.. it will be the least favourite coupe cars on my list..

3) is it a gal-magnet?
i guess.. until they found out its not a ferari..

4) the impression on the persons that own a FTO that you may came acrosss before?
nothing much.. its his/her preference.. n there isnt much modified FTOs ive seen.. most are stock..

5) your personal view on it in term of performance, popularity etc
id say its the least favourite car that ppl like to Mods.. or even talked about, popularity wise, sum ppl dont even know what make or model it is..

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
the FTO still looks modern to me to consider that its launched back in 1995. i can say its a good looker as there is not much sports car around in Malaysia. Yes, it is consider a sports car albeit a lightweght one.

the engine is similar to Perdana's V6 so parts and maintenance should not much a problem. but the 4 speed automatic tranmission with Tiptronic function would be hard to find in case of replacement. there is a manual version but very hard to find also

again, the entire car parts would also be hard to find. still, the FTO would be a gem to drive.

others to consider at similar price

1. Alfa Romeo GTV with 2.0 16v twin spark and variable valve timing and passive four wheel steering. Avoid the convertible spec which is call Spider. a 96 example is now around 50-60K.

2. Fiat Coupe. a brilliant design by Pininfarina. Same engine used by Alfa's GTV, only different at cylinder head.
standard 20v produce 150bhp, turbo spec easily more than 200bhp.

3. Nissan Silvia S13/S14...very rare. very famous.

4. Toyota Corolla AE101 Levin. apart from the staid name, its actually a coupe with DOHC 20V engine and four throttle body. some models have supercharger too.

5. 2nd generation Toyota MR2. similar engine to Corona ST171 but rear wheel drive. superb handling. as the name suggests MR2 stands for Mid Rear engine 2 seater. 3rd person have to get a cab. good value but maybe too old.

6. Honda Integra DC2 - not easy to find one at this price. all the nice things PLUS VTEC.

7. last but not least, get a Proton Arena (in Fastback spec) and then convert it to 4G93T engine and voila!! a local made super soupe!!!

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I wouldn't care too much abt how ppl think abt the FTO. Its your money to spend and your decision to buy what car. As long as ppl enjoy their ride, not acting like hooligan behind the car, adhere traffic law then by all means go out and buy the car lor....

Anyway, we only got one shot of life, go an pamper yourself at some time....

perdanaFTOevo

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
penang
Well,
I've owned a FTO for about 2.5 yrs and i personally think that is value for money.
It has a superb shape although it might be a bit under powered due to its chasis weight. Thumbs up for handling and maintenance as most of the parts are compatible with local cars. For sure....its a magnet to all even at a glance.........long live FTO

NOSkill

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
It looks good, but not timeless.

Yes, when I knew nothing about cars.

3) is it a gal-magnet?
No, girls think all the coupe cars are Putra anyway.

4) the impression on the persons that own a FTO that you may came acrosss before?
n00b

5) your personal view on it in term of performance, popularity etc.
Expensive maintanance, underpower, understeer too much.

jeanloo

Known Member
Aug 13, 2006
My 2 cents:

-Timesless design? Timeless design for Modern Japs car point to RX-7 or Supra. I think the butt of this car is ugly, or, butt ugly.lol

-Never come across in my mind. Not even when i was small and watch Thunderbolt.

3) is it a gal-magnet?
- I believe the gal will think of it as an old/outdated sportscar. The gal not so stupid you know. They might not know much bout cars but they know what is a new model. This makes thing worse.

- I got 1 fren driving it. He bought it for nearly 100k 2 years back, that makes me think of him as stupid cause he kena conned.

- No idea cause not interested in this car.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
LOL...guys here slamming the FTO's looks, what being old, ugly and so on. I'm sure the used Civics and Integras being bought for silly money look better, especially after being Beng-ified (for a lot of money as well). Wonder what the girls think of these outdated models?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
last time when I talk to a gerl, she says that she only want to sit in the car that has "phishhh!!!" sound. She want car that got turbo whor.....turbo car is good car.

Haih, like that Volvo truck oso got turbo...but only dont have the "phissshhh" sound la.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Some girls are easily influenced by their peers. As are people in general which explains the strange infatuation with BMWs.

HanJackaL

1,000 RPM
Dec 8, 2004
PJ
tarrant8877 said:
FTO not bad if compare with its class... Now second hand price also quite affordable... FTO cant cmpare wth supra coz is different class..

If still wana compare then of course supra is far more better in terms of every aspect... Just like comparing skyline with ferrari enzo.... very unfair...

If i got much more money of course i wont choose FTO... And even wont buy all those 4WD car (BNR34, evo9, STI or FR S15).... Will straight buy ferrari or lambo...

So its depend to the budget of every individual lo...

With its price which is almost the same with EK bigV (FF), putra(FF), hyundai coupe(FF), wira convert evo....and so on, i rather buy FTO frankly speaking... It still look cun if nicely modded... I think will still attract some chick if compare with EK9 or some other FF car... haha.. That is what i think.... :P :)

Who said a Skyline cannot compare to a Ferrari Enzo ? Remember a skyline has superb traction technology (attesa-ets which owns ferrari's E-diff) and a 2.6 Liter engine capable of boasting over 1500 HP.When Enzo is using over 6 liters and boasting only about 600 HP. I think a skyline already flattened all exotic supercars in quartermile drags too.And i personally prefer to look at a fully modded japanese sport over a boring Ferrari which look the same everywhere, might as well just do a google search. =P

Japanese cars(Drag) and exotics(track) are both good in different areas. Where else when comparing an FTO to a supra, of course there is no comparison as the supra excels in EVERY aspect.

Anyway, back to the topic. To me, FTO looks good and its a decent car to own.Just that modding a mivec is not very popular in malaysia so you might have trouble sourcing a good tuner.

my 2 cents.

Last edited:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
HanJackaL said:
Who said a Skyline cannot compare to a Ferrari Enzo ? Remember a skyline has superb traction technology (attesa-ets which owns ferrari's E-diff) and a 2.6 Liter engine capable of boasting over 1500 HP.When Enzo is using over 6 liters and boasting only about 600 HP. I think a skyline already flattened all exotic supercars in quartermile drags too.And i personally prefer to look at a fully modded japanese sport over a boring Ferrari which look the same everywhere, might as well just do a google search. =P

Japanese cars(Drag) and exotics(track) are both good in different areas. Where else when comparing an FTO to a supra, of course there is no comparison as the supra excels in EVERY aspect.

my 2 cents.
I can picture billionaire petrolheads swapping their Enzos for Skylines right now.

And damn, that Red Victor One (a modded Vauxhall btw) which boasts 2,200bhp, does 0 - 60 mph in 1 second and runs the quarter in 7.8 seconds @ 183.07 mph must be better than an Enzo, Zonda and Carrera GT put together! Holy Shit...Exotica Sux!!!

Last edited:

Ashburton

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
My 2 cents:

Quite ler... still looks good after 13 years can be considered timeless right? Any car that is shaped aerodynamically looks good.

Yea. I'd like to own them all if possible lol.

3) is it a gal-magnet?
I think u will get more ah bengs, mats, and petrol attendants coming up to u and ask "eh what car ar?" "fast ar?" "makan minyak ka?" "stim ka?" more than the chicks...

I never judge a person by his car.

I wouldn't buy it for performance. I think its a relatively easy to maintain car. I luv all cars so i'd go for one....

alien

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
kuala lumpur
Visit site
-.-"
hahaha..
wat happened to the aston fan?
sarcastic betul~

exotics are exotics.. and tuned modded jap cars are well..tuned modded jap cars..
cars aint just about goin fast..
looks good and etc etc..
it's everything put together and how it makes u feel about em..

i like japs performance cars too..
i like it for wat it is..
it's no italian exotic but it's great in a different way..

you may feel a souped up skylines looks good..
but to say a pininfarina ferrari is boring?

FTO?
i neva liked it one bit..
other than the front headlamps..
haha.. it looked weird to me..
it's like fusing a front from one car and another cars rear..
and tat rear.. it's.. lets just say it's not exactly a pretty sight..
for that kinda price..
and for something similiar..
i see the generation 2 MR2 as a better choice..
it looks better, comes with adequate performance from stock and a wider scope for future mods..

or the mx5 convertible if u really wanna get the chicks to notice ur hair while driving.. :p

tarrant8877

500 RPM
Sep 12, 2004
KL / IPOH
Visit site
HanJackaL said:
If skyline = enzo, why ferrari enzo 10 times more expensive than skyline??

Skyline mod kawkaw till extreme 1500HP, if enzo mod kawkaw till extreme how many HP do u think??? 4000HP??
Why not we say that wira mod kaw kaw then compete with stock skyline?
Wira with 400-500HP tapao stock skyline is normal in sepang...
So wira is as good as skyline? should sell at 300K? can compare and same class with skyline???

Why all jap car mod kawkaw must compete with ferrari car, lambo, porsche...and so on? Why not compete with other brand of car?? Izit ferrari, lambo, porsche famous with its performance and 'fast'??

Oush... I guess i talk too much and too many question.... Afraid being ''cucuk'' by ppl..
So sorry everybody... hehe...:_:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Mandrel bent piping n custom screamer pipe

Does anyone know or have anyone to recommend to do intercooler pipings?
Preferrably mandrel bent.
At the same time anyone who can do a custom screamer pipe?
Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience