What type of songs u test for SQ & DB ??

DJThoRmented

Known Member
Dec 1, 2003
devil said:
Yeah.. in Boleh-land now .. but potential leaving in 4 weeks time for project .. hehe ..wats up ..
Nothing much lah... you still go Cheras leh?

4 weeks time where are you migrating next?

No more pics from you lah... miss them... he he he...

:wink:

devil

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
DJThoRmented said:
Nothing much lah... you still go Cheras leh?

4 weeks time where are you migrating next?

No more pics from you lah... miss them... he he he...

:wink:
I;ll be attaching to a project and will be station over HK for a while ..
Seldom go lah . cos I retired liao mah .. hehe .....

Lately, a lot of new forumers posting a lot of pic liao .. I am consider too oldschol liao .... no one interested on my posting .. wahahaha ..

kingman99

Known Member
Jun 4, 2006
I have 1 Sheffield Lab audiophile test cd wic i got it frm fren of mine 10 yrs ago.Till now i couldn't get Micheal Ruff cd.I heard its very2 hard to find Sheffield Lab cd nowadys.Can any1 tell where i can find Micheal Ruff cd???

ALAN86 for ur info:-[/COLOR]
Pennylane cd shop inside Subang Parade.This shop have huge collection audiophile CD & DVD Audio .Price range frm RM80 to 200.ALL Genuine CD.Maybe u can try there.

Any other song to recomend??

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
guys i found new test song...some of the song is abit hard to get...

<Instrumental>

Chesky Records “Bass Resonance”

This solo standup bass was recorded in the middle of a large studio, mic’ed 3’ from the instrument. According to the voice introducing this track, its design purpose was specifically for testing the accuracy of subwoofers. The basis of the song is a strong transient pluck followed by the resonance of the body of the instrument. Some woofers, when pushed to their limits, will create non-musical sounds displaying their weaknesses.

<Reggae>

Ziggy Marley “Gone Away”

The heavy recording of the bass guitar on Ziggy Marley’s “Gone Away” lends itself to be a good test in determining purity of a subwoofer. Overlapping bass lines can be downright difficult to distinguish if not faithfully reproduced. The kick drum playing through the thick bass guitar, as presented on this track, can sound one-notish and muddy on lesser subs.

<Electronic/House>

Daft Punk “Da Funk”

“Da Funk” has a sharp snap-beat that plays throughout most of the song; it’s a simple, electronically derived beat that has a strong kick-to-the-head snap before the fundamental. This track intros with a 25-second segue before the beat checks in. Playback of the snap-beat was powerful with a full-bodied fundamental; no overhang or cone breakup was noticeable even at the highest tolerable listening level. At 2:26 into the track, the snap-beat stops and a synthesized low frequency shortly replaces the monotony. This ultra-low frequency requires a subwoofer that has good extension to capture its essence.

<R&B>

Usher “Caught Up”

When I listen to “Caught Up” by Usher, I play close attention to a couple of items. The first is the assortment of both tight and strong bass notes. The former was produced with good attack and timbre, close to (but not) the best I have experienced. On the other hand, the strong notes were well rounded with a nice fat tone and ideal decay—the perfect amount of that “boom” I enjoy from time to time, without an exaggerated or muddy overtone. The second thing I fixate on is the scaling bass note, each note with a distinct tone of its own.

<Jazz>

Michael Allen Harrison & Friends “Turn Back the Pages”

“Turn Back the Pages” by Michael Allen Harrison and Friends. This track uses a bass guitar and percussions that bleed down in the subwoofer range. While complementing each other, these instruments overlap one another throughout the composition, overlapping instruments can be difficult to reproduce authentically since the woofer is already in motion when the second instrument is sequenced. Often is the case that a drum attack playing through a bass guitar can sound muddy and blend into the latter.

Last edited:

ahmisuhairi

Known Member
Jun 24, 2006
Where could I find IASCA n EMMA CDs? Tried to contact IASCA but no reply yet.

ahmisuhairi

Known Member
Jun 24, 2006
Tried To Register But Cant Contact The Guy... How To Register???

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
I mean IASCA membership coz IASCA is Associate... I didn't mean register as forum member laaa... last time membership Fee's for IASCA Malaysia , entrance Fee's RM150.00 & renewal RM90.00.. but now I did know laa.. IASCA Malaysia still alive or dead... really did know.. so sorry......

Last edited:

IronJ

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
any idea about "Camomile Extra" songs... i think it's quite nice... u can try to dl the .mp3 to listen b4 u go to get an original copy...

beside, know Zhao Peng?... a very low bass singer, can also try to dl for test songs and go to get the ori lor...

another cd i hv upload is Kitaro, Peace on Earth... hv a try lor...

hope can share with all to test the SQ...

login to gmail.google.com
username: carisq
password: caricari

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
some other song i found for testing....hehe

<<Folk/Rock>>

Tracy Chapman “Heaven’s Here on Earth”

After giving the Audiophiles about 40 hours of break in time I started my listening test with Tracy Chapman’s ”Heaven’s Here On Earth.” This track has a wonderful openness to it and a good mix of instruments. The opening 12 bars are all instrumental mood setting with an acoustic guitar, wood block, bass drum and tambourine.

<<Rock>>

Lenny Kravits “Believe in Me”

With more mainstream rock, the bass was as I noted prior, very solid. My logbook read “very impressive bass output & sound.” With the drum kit, the snare snaps were abrupt and sharp; the high hats and cymbals were clear.

<<Classical>>

Schubert “The Great”

With a good classical CD like Telarc’s 20-bit recording of Schubert’s Symphony #9 “The Great,” I can really test for a sense of space and tonality. The opening French horns were big, ambient and rich sounding; the flutes and oboes were delicate and finely detailed; the brass section was full and strong, never getting too brassy or over powering. And the violins and string… yeah, I like the sound of the Audiophiles on classical and acoustic instruments.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi , need an advice here.
Has anyone swap an original Honda Accord SV4 ( 1996 model ) with K20 iVTEC engine before?
How 's the performance and does the brake system need to upgrade?
Please advice. My foreman advice to swap with f20b engine with triptronic gearbox.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience