What mods have you regretted / changed and why?

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
doing up my putra standard engine!!!! spent so much!!!! but still lose to a stock gsr wit tdo5!!!!! crap!!!!! should has just bought a evo!!!!!!!!

nearly spent bout 20k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............................:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:.....
now car in workshop piston kong!!!!!! jam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have to spent more money!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:
cannot compare ler...
i modify so much but still lose to evo subaru :thefinger:

nezumi

Jun 18, 2007
daiichi-ketsui.com
i regretted not buying the grand livina or avanza and just stop modding once and for all...
early 90s, took over dad's '79 mazda 626 and plonked in the 12a engine... and u guys know how the story goes... mod here, mod there...
2003 bought a kelisa auto... bot-ed it and rebored to put in 4e pistons, e-manage bla-bla-bla...
last year instead of getting a decent family car or mpv... me and my itchy backside bought a used a31 cefiro... rb20det,r32 axle with lsd, bla-bla-bla... and again, i bet u guys know how the story went and probably will go...
i'll just never ever learn sigh :-p

Last edited:

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
talking about history...... owned 7bikes during my college days.... damm... for track use, jalan jalan, for pasar use, for awana, for yamcha wid cubchai friends. to each of its own purpose.....aoouuh...dammit... my father headache when he came visit me in kl during those time. oh ya... and a blardy eg8 convert 9 wid close ratio for genting blast during midnights too...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

i just hate wheels ... dont know why im so involved wid wheels.. must be my parent's fault for buying so much car toys when i was still a baby.:slug::slug::slug::slug:

liz@rd

Known Member
Sep 25, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
talking about history...... owned 7bikes during my college days.... damm... for track use, jalan jalan, for pasar use, for awana, for yamcha wid cubchai friends. to each of its own purpose.....aoouuh...dammit... my father headache when he came visit me in kl during those time. oh ya... and a blardy eg8 convert 9 wid close ratio for genting blast during midnights too...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

i just hate wheels ... dont know why im so involved wid wheels.. must be my parent's fault for buying so much car toys when i was still a baby.:slug::slug::slug::slug:
haha now blaming parents pulak , my old man will screw me everytime my car MIA from home ... see buy old car somemore le ... ask u buy new car dowan ... and it goes on ... :driver:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
so nice to know there is so many ppl in the same situation...sharing...suddenly i dont feel so alone ... hahhahahaha :thefinger:

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
in my life, my dad only ever on my ride TWICE.... and that particular TWICE is the very very only two and the only two times my car ever bogged down in the middle of the road.... that was heavenly dammed.... 1st time is being my fuel pump relay connecter broken, hence car stopped. 2nd time is when my crank sensor socket being bitten by rat and it disconnected when almost reach home. (inside taman already) ended up me and my dad both pushing the car back home under heavy rain. dont say mad or fcuk or grumble.... he already speechless.... till today no eyes to see already..:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
my biggest regret is:
1)spending 6k on installing my sound system, than now i removed it coz petrol expensive, the woofers are to heavy:mad::mad:
2) still trying to repair my stock carb engine, when i calculated my bills, i could have just bought and installed a 3sgte instead...:mad::mad:

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
haha u sure ? i got a s40 , they call me old man when i drive it
which year?wat u feel about s40? coz i gt 1 cust drive R60, 4WD turbo. gt mod n he show me he gps, top speed 290kph!!! n he say to me, car most important is chasis...tis make me towards to original performance car like evo, honda R series, RX7.....but tis all crap to expensive. den i find s40 2.0 wif turbo. summore chasis same like waja n lancer. if engine spoil, can conv to evo 7.

palen_22

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
my biggest regret is:

installing a 4 puck clutch plate without the clutch spring in my daily driven car :driver:, if the throttle isn't balance,
the engine shakes like going to drop out of the bay. Mounting also worn quickly.
sigh:driver:

angrysnail

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2009
Petaling Jaya
wordlinx.com
my biggest regret is:
1)spending 6k on installing my sound system, than now i removed it coz petrol expensive, the woofers are to heavy:mad::mad:
2) still trying to repair my stock carb engine, when i calculated my bills, i could have just bought and installed a 3sgte instead...:mad::mad:
sorry to heard dat bro,btw..since u r regretted that such a waste..

i agreed with u 110% for the engine!..:biggrin:

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
1) regret of getting "unknown" brand tires..sigh,cos wan save $..shud hv top up to get better 1.
2) regret for changing the standard alarm to Steel Mate...coz sumtimes cant unlock/lock..dunno why sot sot
3) egret to add "holes" on the disk brake,now evry time brake oso got sound
4) regret of changing new wipers to new 1,now evrytime raining when wipe oso not smooth..dunno y,compare to old 1..:banghead:

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
should have not converted my old junk to what it is now and use the money spend converting, modifying, stroking, squeezing every last drop of horsepower of my 20 year old engine to a newer, purpose built evo 8 or 9. rather than spend more than 50K on something that other people refer it as a SAGA TURBO. tiu nia seng... :mad::biggrin:
long time no see :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all.. Just need your opinion here. Preferably those with experience in this please...

I bought a disc brake set to fit into my car about a year ago from a seller in this forum. Suppose to fit it in today but I spotted some problem. It is full of rust. The knuckle, the caliper bracket, the rotor shield (that round thing like a shield don't know what is it called). I don't think it is due to me keeping it for one year because I kept it indoors and I bought another set and kept it for the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience