What mods have you regretted / changed and why?

Fairlady350

Known Member
Nov 21, 2008
I regretted putting in an open port K&N filter into my car......You can hear the low growl but the mid range torque has been totally erased..... Another is the Endless brake pads with Project Mu rotors. The rotors are fine but the brake pads squelling all the time when there isn't enough heat....hai....:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
The rotors are fine but the brake pads squelling all the time when there isn't enough heat....hai....:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
thats the characteristics of circuit biased pads. next time get lower end series like VN9500 or SSS should be enough already. no need to buy 0-800 degC pads unless ur really into circuit racing....

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
well....this is when the term "live and learn" applies. :biggrin:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
i regretted most is... joining zerotohundred. :smokin:

why? cuz it made me a car enthusiast.

AND

cuz of that, i decided to mod my car and ever since, i've been spending so much on my car regardless of the need of the item...

sigh.. i believe alot of u guys will agree with me. lol. cheers

okok but actually i regretted changing my entire rear bushing to "oem" honda's. after 1 year (which is now) i believe i need to change it again... haih... i guess it was honda thailand ... doesnt last like honda japan.. sucks to be me..

Last edited:

chocolatesttarfish

500 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
regretted:

- getting myself super-hard GAB absorbers. good la cuz car handles like a go-kart, but bad cuz the ride is damn ruff, can rattle yur gigi palsu easily. i use the car as my daily driver fer god sake! :banghead:
i'm with u bro.

for my previous ride: 1)regretted getting myself a hard-GAB suspension for my daily ride
2)regretted adding all the unnecessary Pioneer head + Pegasus + JBLs +
amp + wiring etc for my sound system
3)regretted changing to taiwan made rims
all these cost me almost RM15k. wth silly me. i could use this as downpayment money on a house :banghead: i've learnt my lesson :slug:

thanks for starting this thread :biggrin: finally letting them all out from my chest :argh:

liz@rd

Known Member
Sep 25, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
errrrrrr , basically no regrets mwahahaha , coz i will only spent 1/2 of my budget in order of the other half in case 2 maintain what the 1st half has done ... but i dun mod much also hehe therefore no regrets ,

chocolatesttarfish

500 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
errrrrrr , basically no regrets mwahahaha , coz i will only spent 1/2 of my budget in order of the other half in case 2 maintain what the 1st half has done ... but i dun mod much also hehe therefore no regrets ,
haha ur a lucky guy :biggrin: where can i learn that skill :biggrin:

liz@rd

Known Member
Sep 25, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
what to do , i got few friends who are very particular when modding , they will tend to go into the depth of the mod b4 doing it , pros vs cons , and they started way earlier than me , so i have to seek them 1st b4 doing anything funny ... lolz

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
i regretted most is... joining zerotohundred. :smokin:

why? cuz it made me a car enthusiast.
haha !! i agree with you !!
me too...
from start.. i feel N/A is enough...
but..now force induction... and + bla~~bla~~bla~~
haiz...
spent a lot of money ~~:rolleyes:
after got the horsepower....
still not satisfy..modfiy again & again...
HUMAN WONT SATISFY WHEN YOU HAVE IT ~~(For exp: Girl Friend & Horsepower ) HEHE!!

Last edited:

CSx8213x

1,000 RPM
Mar 8, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
i agree ... when you don't have a girl friend ... you will think to have one ...
when you got one ... you will think to have more pretty one...
when you got the more pretty one ... you will think to have bigger breast one ....
wahahahah ...... same like turbine ... bigger and bigger ... no ending .....

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
yaya !! HAHA !! bigger and bigger..at the end...
engine blow !! ALL GONE !! FINISH ! :rofl:

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
should have not converted my old junk to what it is now and use the money spend converting, modifying, stroking, squeezing every last drop of horsepower of my 20 year old engine to a newer, purpose built evo 8 or 9. rather than spend more than 50K on something that other people refer it as a SAGA TURBO. tiu nia seng... :mad::biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Japan’s Car Top magazine has been informed in detail of Nissan’s secret test drive event held earlier this month&nbsp;at its Tochigi proving grounds.</p><p>An unnamed&nbsp;test driver&nbsp;has spoken exclusively to Car Top magazine about an event held by Nissan to allow 30 people to test drive the 2008 GT-R at its Tochigi proving grounds earlier this month. No media representatives were invited...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience