What is the difference between FC and FD?? in details...

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
endless551 said:
Ur friend is probably ignorant or not technically inclined at all, he would probably better off with some NA reciprocating(piston) engine cars.. 3engines in 3 months?????

I had mine last year, I tracked my car in Sepang 3 times since, redline it frequently on the road.. Just that I don't wind up my boost stupidly without fuel compensation and I do watch monitor my temperature and obey lots of do's and don't for rotary engines.. Its for the enthusiasts!
I would ask you kindaly and nicely to ammend that statement...
That offends me and my friend...
Truth is, with gremlin's you can never be too sure...
It had nothing to do with him, but the mechanic and the car itself...
I never condoned Rotary powerd car's, moreover I am a big fan of it...

So please make the proper ammendments.
Thank You.

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
well.. gettin good rotary inclined mechs in msia are a bit harder compared to normal piston inclined mechs.. so probably sending to a non-rotary pro would be hazardous.. plus the owner must be interested enough to study beforehand. self-professed enthusiast should haf no problems as the should've done their homework. homework means not only having at least a lil bit of understanding n know how of rotary maintenance, but also typically obvious maintenance (like oil change n stuff.. surprisingly people tend to ignore this and blame the car instead of maintenance neglect by the owner's part) and also the history of the car before actually purchasing it. so even if u buy a normal piston engined car but wif a fucted up engine, sooner or later the engine will die on u putting strain to u and ur wallet. i personally think having a rotary is a bliss (damn syiok brap brap engine sound) and the maintenance is like any normal car, provided the owner does not neglect it's care (common sense la.. if u malas, then better by brand new 'common' cars la like honda civic n stuff). as for ur fren, mebbe he's juz unlucky to get fucted up engines (3 at that) and also an incompetent mech. the question is, if the mech is incompetent y does he still send to the mech even after 2 blown engines (making it 3 engines total)?.. i may be wrong but i'm guessing the same mech did the thing..

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
MEchanic gave him warranty for the engines...
Basically, my friend got shafted...
First engine overheated itself to death, radiator cap was worned and the radiator was leaking out when he got the car...
Second engine had missing vacuum hoses and it boost spiked itself to death and the third engine was fine...

weisun

Nov 16, 2003
this is the kind of discussion i would like to learn from.......

Because....u can just imagine a guy dreamng to have his own Rex one day.....
Keep erm coming....

Iam learning now..

So means that users have to actually rebuild the engine every 160 kilometers??

what is there to be done the engine in the rebulding process?

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
there's no absolute guideline on how many kms an engine has to be rebuilt.. depends on the care of the engine lah.. mileage does give somewhat clues on when an engine needs to be rebuilt, but if u really take care of it in terms of maintenance n not trashing it too much it will last a long time..

from whut i know, the rotary needs the apex seals to be replaced.. search the net, or mebbe sifu can answer

weisun

Nov 16, 2003
hmm....
very positive advice.....

any rotary mech here in zerotohundred that might give some advice??

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
Temujin said:
i smell a guinea pig..
You'de surprised that it is a prominious Rotary mechanic that did the work.
But then again, my friend said that he was okay with it cause nobody's perfect and it was rectified within means and reasons...

CHEERS

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
Khorne said:
You'de surprised that it is a prominious Rotary mechanic that did the work.
But then again, my friend said that he was okay with it cause nobody's perfect and it was rectified within means and reasons...

CHEERS
it's a good thing the engines were given warranty.. and it seems dat the mech does know whut he's doing.. anyways, things happen especially when least expected.. juz try to be careful n do lotsa homework especially if its a rotary..

plus.. rx7s are not called rex.. rex are for impreza wrx (or some call scooby).. both are nice cars tho

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
The mechanic overlooked the condition of the hoses that's all...
And it's true, things happen especially when least expected...
Anyways it will be a long time more till any of my friends indulge into the rotary world again... They've all gone Scooby mad...

PS: Rex can also be referred to the TX3's, but mostly in Aussie...

weisun

Nov 16, 2003
hahah..

looks like i mistaken rex for something else....

thanks for the lesson guys.

SiGNAL

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Ya Mum's House
Visit site
I'm no sifu but apex seals are related to increasing boost in rotaries. Stock apex seals can take some abuse but if high boost, they usually change to thicker ones.

hmmm just a neutral opinion, i dont think any engine can live thru 200K on the odometer if it wasn't taken care. most engines need major overhaul at this point.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can anyone give me some advice to where i can find this screw or if i need to purchase other stuff say the entire service kit in orfer to get it. My carbeurator on my Suzuki Vitara came loose and is replaced with a proton screw temporarily but is sucking petrol too fast....advice anyone?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience